• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

lolmind1

Corporal
May 8, 2022
The problem is that based on the latest version of 1.6.1.1, I tried to play CK3, but it bounced during execution.

The game I usually play is that CK3 doesn't run and HOI4, which doesn't bounce, only runs well and doesn't bounce..

Anyway, I took the following steps to solve this problem.

1. Initialize the computer. 2. Reinstall the game. 3. Turn off all modes and try. 4. Check integrity. 5. Try running in window mode.

Surprisingly, none of these five methods worked "at all".. In the case of computer initialization, it was driven well once when it was executed immediately, but after that, the bounce phenomenon was repeated again when it was tried for the second time.

I checked the player's text(in redit), which experienced similar symptoms, and the same symptom that had been posted on the forum in the past, but in the case of Reddit, they had not found a solution, and the latter was difficult for me to understand.

(One)

Two

Please let me know what I should do to fix these issues.

Attachments

• debug.log
    111,3 KB · Views: 0
  • game.log
    12,8 KB · Views: 0
  • system.log
    870 bytes · Views: 0
  • error.log
    1,3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
What happens if you run ck3.exe directly from file explorer? Any error show up?

DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach here your Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK3/pdx_settings.txt .

DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    121,2 KB · Views: 0
  • pdx_settings.txt
    4,8 KB · Views: 0

If you just run ck3.exe, it also seems to crash during loading. Expressed in pictures, it is as follows:

It stops at the second picture and then returns to the window screen.

Attachments

• 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    34,7 KB · Views: 0
  • 3 (1).PNG
    3 (1).PNG
    5,2 MB · Views: 0
Has the game ever run on this machine? Or never?

But that Windows error c0000409 is a real worry. Crusader Kings 2 is free to play on Steam now, does it run okay?

Edit that pdx_settings.txt and find the renderer line. Change DX11 to OpenGL (EXACTLY like that). Does that make any difference?

But that Windows error c0000409 is a real worry. Crusader Kings 2 is free to play on Steam now, does it run okay?

Edit that pdx_settings.txt and find the renderer line. Change DX11 to OpenGL (EXACTLY like that). Does that make any difference?
Yes, CK2 runs fine

but Even if I try to change the renderer in pdx_setting.txt of CK3 to OpenGL, it doesn't seem to work. If there is a difference from DX11 when switching to OpenGL, it is a little slower in appearance.

Last edited:

I just discovered something new. When I just start CK3.exe, I get this error!

It's this picture, it's an application error.

Attachments

• 16562164168941756455007450770417.jpg
    16562164168941756455007450770417.jpg
    5,6 MB · Views: 0
That's a different Windows error than we see in dxdiag. It does not look good I have to say!

If you revert to 1.5.1.1 in the Steam Betas tab for the game, does it start then?

And if you make a new Windows user and log into Windows as that, does 1.6.1.1. start then?

That's a different Windows error than we see in dxdiag. It does not look good I have to say!

If you revert to 1.5.1.1 in the Steam Betas tab for the game, does it start then?

And if you make a new Windows user and log into Windows as that, does 1.6.1.1. start then?
Hello, I tried it today, and the result is as follows:

The crash still occurred in version 1.5.1.1(steam beta)

After initializing the computer, I logged in with a different account and a different profile, reinstalled CK3 and tried to run it.

As a result, it plays the first two times, then reboots and the crash occurs again

Perhaps..Isn't it some kind of bug that occurred during game development..?

Although it is a small number in the whole, it seems that there were several users experiencing the same symptoms on CK3 forums(here, as you confirmed), on Reddit, and on community sites in the country where I live.

From what I dare to think, I think it's right to crash other games of PDX if it's a computer problem.. Isn't it?

But when I tested it, HOI4, EU4 using the same pdx launcher, and CK2, its predecessor, are doing well, but it is strange that CK3 keeps crashing.

There is a high possibility that it is not my guess, but I hope the dev team will check if there is a bug that causes a crash during the game's loadin

Last edited:
You say that 1.5.1.1 crashes on start as well. Was that the case before 1.6 was released, or it ran okay back then?

If it used to be okay but is not now, this is clearly a local problem in Windows or this machine, not a bug in the game.

You say that 1.5.1.1 crashes on start as well. Was that the case before 1.6 was released, or it ran okay back then?

If it used to be okay but is not now, this is clearly a local problem in Windows or this machine, not a bug in the game.
When I ran ck3.exe today, the following phenomenon appeared. what is this??

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220629-210551_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220629-210551_Gallery.jpg
    372,9 KB · Views: 0
When I ran ck3.exe today, the following phenomenon appeared. what is this??
Impossible to tell that caused that crash just from that screen I'm afraid.

There was a minor update to 1.6.1.2 overnight, but that's not been seen to cause any new problems.