• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

FrogWithNova

Recruit
19 Badges
Dec 23, 2021
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
Can't log paradox account in game (it is logged in in the laucher tho) so I can't play multiplayer.
I'm launching the game on steam and my account is connected to the steam account.

Has anyone encountered this before? Do you have any clues how to solve this?
Version is EU4v1.32.2.0 Songhai

If I log out of EU4 in the game, exit and run it again, if I'm logged into the launcher i'm automatically logged into the game too. So I don't know what is happening for you.

Has it always been like this for you or used to work?

If you do a test install on some other machine does it happen there too? IF not it's probably a firewall issue, make sure eu4.exe is allowed through.

If I log out of EU4 in the game, exit and run it again, if I'm logged into the launcher i'm automatically logged into the game too. So I don't know what is happening for you.

Has it always been like this for you or used to work?

If you do a test install on some other machine does it happen there too? IF not it's probably a firewall issue, make sure eu4.exe is allowed through.
Well, it is the 1st time I'm trying to log in EU4. It worked before in HOI4 and Imperator Rome...

Also checked the firewall settings and, if I'm not missing anything, everything seems fine.

A detail I forgot to mention, when the game opens, down at the paradox profile icon, it tells me to wait and after a while asks me for a login again. When I insert my data the following message apears "Failed to sign in. Please check your internet connection and try again." (although my connection is fine).

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-12-24 012826.png
    Screenshot 2021-12-24 012826.png
    2,7 MB · Views: 0
You are 100% certain eu4.exe is in your firewall exceptions? If you have Windows Defender, it need to be in both the Public and Private exceptions lists there.

Then you might check any firewall in your internet router/modem.

If those don't help, can you try via a VPN or a mobile phone hotspot?

I've double checked allowed apps in windows defender firewall, tried shutting down router firewall and even tried mobile hotspot.
I don't have a VPN service but I don't think it is a regional problem because I know people in my region who don't have problems.
Might it be a Steam issue?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-12-30 173334.png
    Screenshot 2021-12-30 173334.png
    7,3 KB · Views: 0
It's not impossible, but if so why is it not affecting everyone playing via Steam?

Do you have access to any other computer, either in the same network or elsewhere, to test this on?

When you start the game from Steam you get three MP options. Have you tried all three?

That probably rules out blocked ports, so I'm really not sure what could possibly be causing this to you - alone as far as I know.

If you ever get the chance to test this on another machine anywhere please let me know the outcome.

I'd like to report that I have the same issue, and the problem is from my pc or internet, but i don't know to fix, because i tried in a different place and pc, and it worked
Did you try a VPN or mobile phone hotspot, form the problem machine?

No, and i can't try it, because i don't have vpn and i can't use hotspot on my pc
Can you then try moving this machine to another network/location? Or have another machine in this network/location to test on?

This is to pin down if the issue is confined to this one machine, this location/network, or perhaps your account in some way.