• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kougar

First Lieutenant
59 Badges
Sep 27, 2017
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Magicka 2
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Surviving Mars
  • Prison Architect
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Warlock 2: Wrath of the Nagas
  • War of the Roses
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Lead and Gold
  • Magicka
Description
Guaranteed/Repeatable Softlock

Windows

Steam

What is your game version?

What DLC do you have installed?
Space Race, Green Planet, Below and Beyond, Stellaris Dome Set, Marsvision Song Contest, Colony Design Set, Project Laika, In-Dome Buildings Pack

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
The game always softlocks 70% through Sol 271 regardless of map or what I am doing. I had a similar problem on my previous game and started over, but now it is occurring again.

Zero mods. Already ran the Steam file verification. All DLC enabled. Task manger says the game is responsive and resource usage fluctuates as if it is still working, so it does not appear to be a hard crash.

Can you replicate the issue?
Yes. The save file begins on Day 271. 70% through Sol 271 the game will soft lock regardless of which map I am viewing.

File(s) attached

Attachments

• Autosave Sol 271.savegame.sav
    48,6 MB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
MAC-7429
I don't know why this has happened to you twice, I don't think we've had any other reports like this at all.

I was able to duplicate it though; indeed the whole of Sol 271 was really slow, I guess from the size of your colony. Maybe it simply ground to a halt.

I've logged a bug on it now and attached your save there. Not sure when it will be addressed, so just put that save aside and try it when you see new patches come out.

Sorry for that problem!

Hi Andrew, thank you very much for the reply!

The save was too good a position for me to leave alone (trying for those new pesky achievements!) so I kept messing with it trying different things... and finally (I don't know why) the softlock didn't occur. Would a continued save be useful for anything?

I play on 3x speed and this is a small colony (before the DLC I once made a game so large that the mohole mine couldn't supply it with sufficient upkeep metal, so everything collapsed). :p

Edit: I forgot to add... I finally tried to move colonists underground en mass, and the game instantly softlocked again, but in a different way. I could pan around the underground map like normal, but everything else was unresponsive.

Last edited: