• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

stratege1401

Private
14 Badges
Sep 18, 2011
n2.rkn.ovh
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Surviving Mars
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Cities: Skylines
Description
Instable games, corrupted save, CTD

Windows

Steam

What is your game version?

What DLC do you have installed?
Space Race, Green Planet, Below and Beyond, Stellaris Dome Set, Marsvision Song Contest, Colony Design Set, Project Laika, In-Dome Buildings Pack

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
After a fresh game install under steam ( done nov 24th 2021 ), added the following mods:
[UCP(SilvaCreatura)][ConstructionLenghExtend(ChoGGi_2)][LongerPassageTech(Wolvygreen)][MartianDeath(SkiRich)][Incubator(SkiRich)][TheMarianTribune(Chetranqui)][AutoExplore(Akarnod)].
Start a new game, autosave every two sol, with 5 saves.
I always end gaming doing:
- manual save of my game
- exit to main menu
- exit the game

WARNING COULD NOT LOAD
After saving and exiting my game, i reboot my PC the next day. But impossible to load my last save.
No corruption, just warning impossible to load.
Savegame attached: TEST+
The latest autosave works hopefully. Attached also: sol107
THIS IS HAPPENING ALSO ON GAME NOT USING ANY MODS ( no mods installed or installed disabled )

reading the log, i disabled the Tribune mod. Tried to load bypassing the mod warning, but ending with the same loading error.

Can you replicate the issue?
after reboot, issue still exist.

File(s) attached

Attachments

• TEST1+.savegame.sav
    48,1 MB · Views: 0
  • Autosave Sol 107.savegame.sav
    48,6 MB · Views: 0
  • MarsSteam.exe-20211125-15.23.36-617fdb6b.log
    33,8 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
reading the log, i disabled the Tribune mod. Tried to load bypassing the mod warning, but ending with the same loading error.
Disabling mods does not remove effects they have already had on the save file. Do you have a save from a colony that's never had any mods used in it?

Disabling mods does not remove effects they have already had on the save file. Do you have a save from a colony that's never had any mods used in it?
Right now, i do no.

I might provide again.

To be clear 100%, when i say no mods i mean it:
- all mods are unsubscribe from steam or paradox mod manager.
- Then, the game and all related folder are delete from pc ( steam apps folder, workshop, dlc, addons, including the roaming folder under username ... )
- then, the machine is rebooted.
- then the game is reinstalled from scratch.

I did not kept track of the various test ... unfortunately.

Given your other thread, it is of course possible these saves were corrupted by the computer crash, if that happened while it was in the middle of writing out the save file.

@stratege1401

Please check the steam Remote Storage website to check for saves that were uploaded before you lost them

Thanks....

1) the corrupted savegame wasn't done at crash time.
2) unfortunately, i don't use the steam cloud option on any of my games, having experienced error and crash.

reading through the game logs, i found some error related to a mod. I deseabled/erase the mod. since then, i must signal i dont had anymore corrupted savegames.

Interesting! What mod was that please?