• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kereminde

Field Marshal
29 Badges
Feb 22, 2018
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Beta Backer
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • BATTLETECH - Initiate of the Order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Surviving Mars
  • BATTLETECH
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
As I mentioned on the Diversions thread, I had just received all boxes of my Clan Invasion Kickstarter rewards today. (The last box took some extra time arriving.) Aside from some minor shipping damage and some mistakes due to my fat-fingered errors in ordering... I believe I got most all content which was offered except for the mats and complete sets of patches, dice, etcetera. (I am not that crazy.)

First let's take a brief look at all the boxes on the table.

Boxes.jpg

Yikes that's a lot of volume. Getting started with the smallest of the boxes:

Box 1 - Opened.jpg

Inside Box #1, we have some of the Salvage Boxes, and three particular Lance packs: the Legendary Mechwarrior pack, the IS Command Lance, and IS Striker Lance. Underneath the boxes are the 'Card Packs' which are in small little 'team bags'. The cards themselves are roughly analogous to MTG cards in the 'feel', which means I'd probably invest in some PerfectFit sleeves if I wanted to use them. Oh, right, and the Shilone Salvage Box is visible there on top - an unannounced goodie slipped into the Wave 2 fulfilment shipments.

On to Box #2, which is the tall one.

Box 2 - Items.jpg

Inside the larger box was the Strana Mechty Battlemat, the Map Packs I picked up, and the Record Sheets. I kinda still want digital sheets but meh - I'll figure those out later. My House Steiner T-shirt is off to the side, as are the Die-Cut Reinforcements. Those are standees printed on some thick cardstock board which can be used in case you don't have the particular 'Mechs in question. Or if you need more of a particular kind and don't have the minis. (I do not plan on using these.) I did get the 'Alien Worlds' Map Pack since I hadn't seen it before and I think I have the other packs in digital format.

On to Box #3, the big heavy one.

Box 3 - Opened 1.jpg

Here's the rest of my Lance/Star packs, my AGOAC Reinforcements, and my Clan Invasion box. Oh there's a lot in this box, indeed, and I'll list the full gathering later. The rest of the packs were indeed in here, as were the dice and pins, the card decks, and the Initiative Deck - can't wait to take a closer look at that. But the "Premium Record Sheets" feel like they're going to be very nice for me to use should I ever take this thing to a gaming store for newbies to play 'Demolition Derby' with valuable Clan assets! (Seriously, these things feel nicely made if a little thin - they're totally able to be torn but I think dry-erase will work fine if I stick to colors which aren't red or green.)

Box 3 - Part 1.jpg

I will make the full table shots a post following this to avoid making this post too long!

• 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
As promised, here are the full table shots. Starting with the full table and then one each for the Left/Right, High/Low. There's a lot of stuff.

Full Swag - Table.jpg

Left (High)

Full Swag - Left 1.jpg

Left (Low)

Full Swag - Left 2.jpg

Right (High)

Full Swag - Right 1.jpg

Right (Low)

Full Swag - Right 2.jpg

And in the spoiler tag should be the full list of components:

1x BattleTech Inner Sphere Urban Lance
1x BattleTech Inner Sphere Direct Fire Lance
1x BattleTech Clan Fire Star
1x BattleTech Clan Ad Hoc Star
1x BattleTech Initiative Deck
1x BattleTech Reinforcements: Die-Cuts #2
1x BattleTech Inner Sphere Striker Lance
1x BattleTech Clan Heavy Star
1x BattleTech Inner Sphere Fire Lance
1x BattleTech Clan Striker Star
1x BattleTech Inner Sphere Heavy Battle Lance
1x BattleTech BattleMat: Strana Mechty
1x BattleTech Premium Record Sheet Pack
1x BattleTech Posters: 'Mech Recognition
1x BattleTech Salvage Box: Shilone
1x BattleTech MapPack: Alien Worlds
1x BattleTech Clan Support Star
1x BattleTech Inner Sphere Heavy Lance
1x BattleTech Clan Heavy Battle Star
1x BattleTech Inner Sphere Support Lance
1x BattleTech ComStar Command Level II
1x BattleTech ComStar Battle Level II
1x BattleTech MechWarrior Pilot Deck: Heroes of the Clan Invasion
1x BattleTech Reinforcements: Record Sheet Book #2
1x Faction Pack Lapel Pin #21: House Kurita
1x Faction Pack Lapel Pin #25: House Steiner
1x MechWarrior Pilots: Card Pack #1
1x MechWarrior Pilots: Card Pack #2
1x Faction Pack Patch #25: House Steiner
1x Faction Pack T-shirt #25: House Steiner (3X-Large)
1x BattleTech: Clan Invasion box set (Kickstarter version)
1x Retaliation Pack: Inner Sphere
1x MapPack: Battle for Tukayyid
1x Clan Command Star
1x Inner Sphere Command Lance
1x Clan Heavy Striker Star
1x Inner Sphere Battle Lance
1x Legendary MechWarriors Pack
1x MechWarrior Pilot Deck: Champions of the Inner Sphere
1x MechWarrior Pilot Deck: Warriors of Kerensky I
2x MechWarrior Pilot Deck: Mercenaries II
1x Reinforcements: Die-Cuts #1
1x Reinforcements: Record Sheet Book #1
5x Salvage Box: Clan Invasion
1x Salvage Box: Urbanmech
1x Salvage Box: Legendary
1x Clan Codex Dogtag
1x Clan Daggerstar Keychain
1x Posters (Set of 3)
1x Challenge Coin #3: Clan Jade Falcon
1x Challenge Coin #25: House Steiner
1x Insignia Dice #25: House Steiner
1x Faction Pack Lapel Pin #3: Clan Jade Falcon

Now, I've got one other problem - of my own making. See I accidentally double-ordered the 'MechWarrior Pilot Deck: Mercenaries II' when I meant to get both #1 and #2. I also failed to grab the 'Warriors of Kerensky II' deck, which disappoints me a bit. As such I'm kinda looking for those here who have extras.

• 4Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Outstanding unboxing experience! Thank you. From the unopened boxes, to the initial glance into each box, to the final table display… I felt like I was there experiencing it all with you. We’ll done, thanks again.

I can’t wait for my own order to arrive. : )

Outstanding unboxing experience! Thank you. From the unopened boxes, to the initial glance into each box, to the final table display… I felt like I was there experiencing it all with you. We’ll done, thanks again.

I didn't get some because I was lacking a good way to photograph.

I opened the Salvage Boxes, and did find the following:

The Legendary Salvage Box contained Aidan Pryde and his Timber Wolf.
The 5 Wave 1 Omni Boxes contained: 2x Mad Dog, 1x Storm Crow, 1x Gargoyle, 1x Shadow Cat. I'm torn because while I'd love to let people have extras... these are all 'Mechs I'd probably use :)

The Mad Dog is a one fabulous machine!

8273A2D9-DA11-4446-92E4-6ED0929B193D.jpeg

*edited “…a thumbnail is a more appropriate depiction.”

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
*edited “…a thumbnail is a more appropriate depiction.”

Did you know... you can resize the full image by clicking on it and moving the 'nodes' around the edge?

Okay, having opened two of the Pilot Decks, my input on them:

They're neat. They have a short bio on one side, and a headshot picture on the other, but don't have statistics like the two "Card Packs" which were available. There are symbols to clearly suggest having been filled in but were left blank on the cards. A small missed opportunity, but I can understand why this wasn't done. It did blunt some of the potential for using the Pilot Decks, but I can certainly like them existing as potential filler for things.

Did you know... you can resize the full image by clicking on it and moving the 'nodes' around the edge?
Well damn, and here I was actively trying to avoid learning anything mew today. : )
Thank you for that. I didn't realize it was possible to do that. :bow:

Well damn, and here I was actively trying to avoid learning anything mew today. : )
Thank you for that. I didn't realize it was possible to do that. :bow:

I kinda had to for my unboxing photos, the phone I was using saved them in *incredibly large* canvas sizes and I want to have pity on people viewing this on mobile :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
@Kereminde, did you get an email from Catalyst or the shipper before your boxes arrived?

@Kereminde, did you get an email from Catalyst or the shipper before your boxes arrived?

It was labeled as "Catalyst Game Labs c/o Quartermaster Logistics", originating from the fulfillment company's email.

Continuing the look into the things I have received... sadly no photos this time. I may edit them in later.

The Initiative Deck looks like it can function as a fun prop for those trying to do some roleplaying. (Really wish this had been around for DFA.) As well, it's a very simple initiative system to replace the dice. It can expand to include multiple formations (Lances, Level IIs, or Stars if you're a filthy Clanner) and the description of how it works is simple enough. You make a set of cards for each unit in play on either side from one suit each, them shuffle a third suit of cards going up to the highest number between the two players' formations. When the number comes up, that formation activates. Alternatively, there's special abilities printed on the initiative cards which can be "activated" for a bonus/penalty during the turn. In using it, you give up that number you were using and pick a new one. I didn't unseal the cards because the packaging is rather a problem should I do that.

The Clan Invasion box set contains quite a bit of the expected stuff. with paper maps and cardboard punchout terrain (and standees for the 'Mechs included in the box in case you needed an extra). There's a rather nice folded map which has the 3025 Inner Sphere on one side and the 3052 Inner Sphere on the other. There's a short story by Pardoe in there, which I might read or... given I plan on writing? Maybe steer clear until after I write. There's a small and simple primer for the era, a similarly small and simple rulebook - containing a very useful primer on Zellbrigen. I cannot state enough how useful this is to have included with enough detail to fill two pages of the booklet. Thus it will allow Clan players to see "how you're supposed to conduct yourself" on average - even if the writeup says it's allowed to not recognize IS forces as being bound by these rules, thus are fair game.

I am going to need to figure out how to frame my folded up posters, specifically the 'Mech Recognition Poster, with the fold lines. It'll be almost as nice as the idea of framing my 'MechWarrior: Fire For Effect' poster I got from my local gaming store back in the day. That said, there is also the 'Battle of Tukayyid' poster which on the reverse side...

And yes I have a picture of that. Not laid completely flat but I had to work with my bed at the time.

1629923476444.png

• 2Like
Reactions:
Thank you, Good @Kereminde for starting this thread and giving us a place to share our CLAN INVASION unboxing experiences. :bow:

FF2661B0-0B67-4990-9E21-BA1FDDD1301F.jpeg

My “Bloodnamed”:shipment is now in route. And I’ll shortly be able to share my first impressions and assessments as well. : )

My “Bloodnamed”:shipment is now in route. And I’ll shortly be able to share my first impressions and assessments as well. : )

Looking forward to it. I stopped since the rest would be me talking about the minis - which, well, not much to say there :)

Less than 24-hours until my CLAN INVASION Kickstarter items are scheduled to arrive!

In other words, this is CLAN Eve! And in honor of that…

'Twas the night before the CLAN INVASION, when all through the House
Not a MechWarrior was stirring, not even Decker;
The cooling jackets were hung by the gantry with care,
In hopes that ilKhan Showers soon would be there;

The sibko were nestled all snug in their bunks,
While visions of batchalls danced in their heads;
And Star Commander Donnelly in her Mad Dog, and I in my Horned Owl,
Had just brought our Mechs online, ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL,

When out on the tarmac there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from my command tent to see what was the matter.
Away to the flightline I flew in a hurry,,
Tore open the gates, scattering Elementals in a flurry.

The sun at high-noon on a bright and cloudless day,
Gave a golden lustre to dropships all grounded in tight array,
When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,
But a FEDEX truck, and my CLAN INVASION swag and gear.

Less than 24-hours until my CLAN INVASION Kickstarter items are scheduled to arrive!

Better hope there's no ComStar interdiction in place :) They might be miffed if you're trying to come up with a way Tukayyid turns out any differently.

Better hope there's no ComStar interdiction in place :) They might be miffed if you're trying to come up with a way Tukayyid turns out any differently.
The recently released ilClan Sourcebook gave me back my Smoke Jaguars, so Tukayyid is now simply a few lines in the continuing Clan Smoke Jaguar sections of The Remembrance. :bow:

And on an excellent note, COMSTAR (in the guise of a FEDEX employee) dropped off my CLAN INVASION Kickstarter shipment this morning. (There was, simply, great rejoicing!)

A true minimum of unboxing pics follow…

D5835FCB-A539-47C7-B85A-99E20D4BD0BE.jpeg881BD1A4-2CC9-49D0-8093-191BEB0B713C.jpeg

Bloodnamed Kickstarter, I enjoyed all the great swag, miniatures and best of all the unexpected and oh-so-appropriately perfect, Shilone Aerospace Fighter.

I immediately went to the Clan Honor/Zelbrigin section of the boxed set’s rule booklet. I agree, this is a very creditable primer for both new and established CLAN gamers.

Afterwards, it was was the following pic that breathed fresh Life into my excitement for some CLAN tabletop action. Having been a Strategic Plans Officer, such a single snapshot depiction of a Clan holdings and relative scorecard, is especially enticing.

A638D3C3-DC90-405F-80A2-EE06083A9722.jpeg

All in all a great haul, making good day even better. : )

The recently released ilClan Sourcebook gave me back my Smoke Jaguars, so Tukayyid is now simply a few lines in the continuing Clan Smoke Jaguar sections of The Remembrance. :bow:

And on an excellent note, COMSTAR (in the guise of a FEDEX employee) dropped off my CLAN INVASION Kickstarter shipment this morning. (There was, simply, great rejoicing!)

A true minimum of unboxing pics follow…

View attachment 754206View attachment 754207

Bloodnamed Kickstarter, I enjoyed all the great swag, miniatures and best of all the unexpected and oh-so-appropriately perfect, Shilone Aerospace Fighter.

I immediately went to the Clan Honor/Zelbrigin section of the boxed set’s rule booklet. I agree, this is a very creditable primer for both new and established CLAN gamers.

Afterwards, it was was the following pic that breathed fresh Life into my excitement for some CLAN tabletop action. Having been a Strategic Plans Officer, such a single snapshot depiction of a Clan holdings and relative scorecard, is especially enticing.

View attachment 754236

All in all a great haul, making good day even better. : )
I like! Now what's the numbers mean? I hadn't poked at the contents significantly enough...

... have to dig out my campaign materials and start compiling notes for the final stretch of that before we can get gloriously destroyed meet the Clans some years later.

I like! Now what's the numbers mean? I hadn't poked at the contents significantly enough...

... have to dig out my campaign materials and start compiling notes for the final stretch of that before we can get gloriously destroyed meet the Clans some years later.
Well, horizontally the numbers always add up to 100, thus are percentages of control in that particular planet…

But not all planets are created equal, so 5% of one planet might be worth half of another.

But I have not yet found any references to this part of a poster in any of the enclosed books…

Has anyone noticed a refence to the Clans’ Political Balance Table in one of the box set’s booklets?

I mean there's also one missing. Clan Scheming Hares.

• 2Like
Reactions: