Unpainted sections on my mechs ruin the color scheme

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kissybear85

Recruit
Aug 26, 2021
I'm having some issues with ugly unpainted blue sections on all of my mechs. They appear on all mechs, although a few have a single pattern, which doesn't show the blue panels (Warhammer, Assassin). These blue sections really destroy any hopes of creating a nice color scheme, unless it's blue/grey. Other users on reddit report no such unpainted sections. I have tried all colors in the company customization, same result.
I'm running no mods, and this is the first install ever. I tried updating drivers and settings for the game, same result.

The view of the paint job shown in the captains cabin does not really show what it will look like.
Go to the mech bay to see the paint scheme
Getting something you are happy with often take some trial and error.

Not only is that model not indicative of how the paint might look... every 'Mech has its own particular coding for where the paint goes over multiple paint schemes.

I've had to fiddle with things like this pretty often when I start to get them to make some sense to me.

Reactions:
The view of the paint job shown in the captains cabin does not really show what it will look like.
Go to the mech bay to see the paint scheme
Getting something you are happy with often take some trial and error.
Did you look at the pictures? They are all from the mech bay, that's the problem arises. The preview doesn't show these issues.

Not only is that model not indicative of how the paint might look... every 'Mech has its own particular coding for where the paint goes over multiple paint schemes.

I've had to fiddle with things like this pretty often when I start to get them to make some sense to me.
Did you look at the pictures? The issues isn't the preview, I only included that, to show, that there is no reason for there to be any blue on the mech.

Did you look at the pictures? The issues isn't the preview, I only included that, to show, that there is no reason for there to be any blue on the mech.

What blue? That's a gray shade, more like the silver on your third choice.

I can see a some blue on the Highlander's leg joints. Looks like an incomplete paint texture. I doubt it would be visible in battle.

I don't see an issue on any of the other images.

That blue is set up in such a way I figured it was intentional... I swear there's like 'running lights' on some other models? I dunno it's been too long since I actively started looking up all the models to make sure.

... I mean, I could, but...

That blue is set up in such a way I figured it was intentional... I swear there's like 'running lights' on some other models? I dunno it's been too long since I actively started looking up all the models to make sure.

... I mean, I could, but...
It could be? That bright blue color right at the hip joint makes me think missing texture file. *shrug*

It being only the Highlander model kinda makes it plausible either way... only one way to know: bug the modders to look into it.

What blue? That's a gray shade, more like the silver on your third choice.
Yes the grey/blue color, whatever you want to call it. It's not any of my color choices, I testes this. It's unaffected by my choices of color. Yet it clashes hard with most color schemes. My question is, why? Is it intentional? Am I experiencing a bug?

I can see a some blue on the Highlander's leg joints. Looks like an incomplete paint texture. I doubt it would be visible in battle.

I don't see an issue on any of the other images.
What on eath are you on about? Literally all the pictures clearly show larges patches of grey/blue areas. The Vindicator and the Battlemaster are almost entirely blue/grey. I'm trying to figure out if this is intentional or some sort of bug. Other players are reporting no such blue/grey areas. It kinda seems like it's just unpainted, so my guess is it was intentional, but then my question is "why?". It clashes hard with most colors in the palette.

Yes the grey/blue color, whatever you want to call it. It's not any of my color choices, I testes this. It's unaffected by my choices of color. Yet it clashes hard with most color schemes. My question is, why? Is it intentional? Am I experiencing a bug?

Huh. Strange, what choices of paint jobs and 'Mechs are these images? I want to see if I can reproduce when I have time tomorrow. (Currently not having it for today, dealing with Unfortunate Rent Stuff at the end of the month.)

Huh. Strange, what choices of paint jobs and 'Mechs are these images? I want to see if I can reproduce when I have time tomorrow. (Currently not having it for today, dealing with Unfortunate Rent Stuff at the end of the month.)
The Vindicator is Black/Metallic Red/Metallic White as seen in the first picture. The others are Green/Metallic Yellow/Green. It kinda feel like these grey/blue sections are "unpainted" or something.
Ugh yeah that doesnt sound very pleasant :(

I think I know what you are referring to.

I have noticed that areas of the model that deal with dynamic hardpoints seem to not have a color or camo applied.

Basically where the missile tubes or laser lenses appear when populated on the mech.

This may be a limitation derived from how the model is built. It might be those areas because they dynamically change with load out might not be treated the same as a surface that stays more static with load out.

Just a guess on my part.

I think I know what you are referring to.

I have noticed that areas of the model that deal with dynamic hardpoints seem to not have a color or camo applied.

Basically where the missile tubes or laser lenses appear when populated on the mech.

This may be a limitation derived from how the model is built. It might be those areas because they dynamically change with load out might not be treated the same as a surface that stays more static with load out.

Just a guess on my part.

I could buy that if the Vindicator didn't have that color on the left leg's upper armor... nothing should mount there.

• 1Like
Reactions:
What on eath are you on about? Literally all the pictures clearly show larges patches of grey/blue areas. The Vindicator and the Battlemaster are almost entirely blue/grey. I'm trying to figure out if this is intentional or some sort of bug. Other players are reporting no such blue/grey areas. It kinda seems like it's just unpainted, so my guess is it was intentional, but then my question is "why?". It clashes hard with most colors in the palette.
That's just unpainted metal. It is a purposeful part of that pattern, not a bug. The mechs are intended to appear heavily worn.

screenshot.jpg

That's just unpainted metal. It is a purposeful part of that pattern, not a bug. The mechs are intended to appear heavily worn.
Thank you, that's helpful. Other users have reported, that they did not have these unpainted sections, and that it might be a bug, so that complicated things a bit. It sucks that they would make these unpainted sections clash with most of the available color schemes. On at least half the patterns its very pronunced.