Unpainted sections on my mechs ruin the color scheme

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I think I know what you are referring to.

I have noticed that areas of the model that deal with dynamic hardpoints seem to not have a color or camo applied.

Basically where the missile tubes or laser lenses appear when populated on the mech.

This may be a limitation derived from how the model is built. It might be those areas because they dynamically change with load out might not be treated the same as a surface that stays more static with load out.

Just a guess on my part.
I think that's at least half right. Many of the dynamic hapd points are unpainted, yet some are painted. And other areas of the mechs also appear unpainted.

Thank you, that's helpful. Other users have reported, that they did not have these unpainted sections, and that it might be a bug, so that complicated things a bit. It sucks that they would make these unpainted sections clash with most of the available color schemes. On at least half the patterns its very pronunced.
I think some of the confusion comes from calling them unpainted. Technically, they aren't "unpainted." The texture files are complete and cover the whole mech. The blue-grey appearance of some sections is intentional and not a bug. It's just that in-game, they aren't painted or the paint is has been worn off.

I blame Yang for spending all our paint money on questionable hamburgers.

I blame Yang for spending all our paint money on questionable hamburgers.

I was informed "it was skimping on paint or Sumire's coffee budget". And considering the last time she didn't have coffee, she landed on Dekker....

• 2Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
The Vindicator is Black/Metallic Red/Metallic White as seen in the first picture. The others are Green/Metallic Yellow/Green. It kinda feel like these grey/blue sections are "unpainted" or something.
Also important to note is the pattern; there's usually five or six patterns to choose from; some work better with the unpainted portions better than others.
But yeah, those sections aren't supposed to take paint; it's an artistic choice on HBS' part to represent our 'Mechs being old, beaten-up, and not necessarily in pristine condition.
You may also have noted that most of the patterns result in paint that's definitely worn, scratched, and weathered; that's part of the same artistic choice.