• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ichiroku16

Recruit
8 Badges
May 12, 2021
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Shadowrun Returns
Hello Support, I have done almost everything that is posted online that's considered easy to fix my 0xc00007b error, however none of them work.

1. Uninstalled and Reinstalled the game
2. Uninstalled and Reinstalled Redist (All of them)
3. Uninstalled and Reinstalled NET Framework
4. Opening the game as Admin
5. Opening the game in Compatible Mode

These are the most prominent ones that I remembered that I have done throughout the many hours.

I wonder if there's anything else I can do before I start going to the hardware shop (with how COVID is right now, that's my last resort).

Please help, I really looked forward to play the game.

That error is caused by bad or missing Microsoft DLLs.

you may feel you've done this already but go through this list carefully and tell me what happens with each one of these 6 installers, please:

(run dxsetup.exe after extracting from this download)

And run the x86 and x64 installers there.

Not sure if you're still having this issue but I tried all of the above and nothing worked for me and then I uninstalled the paradox V2 launcher and then when I launched again through steam this redownloaded and booted up no issues.

Search: Add or Remove Programs -> Paradox Launcher v2 -> Uninstall -> Launch Steam -> Run Stellaris -> Allow this to redownload.

Worked for me so maybe will work for some other people as well but I did follow all the steps so maybe this also helped.
Not sure but I feel there is possibly an issue with the launcher that is causing this from at least my experience.

Last edited:
Not sure if you're still having this issue but I tried all of the above and nothing worked for me and then I uninstalled the paradox V2 launcher and then when I launched again through steam this redownloaded and booted up no issues.

Search: Add or Remove Programs -> Paradox Launcher v2 -> Uninstall -> Launch Steam -> Run Stellaris -> Allow this to redownload.

Worked for me so maybe will work for some other people as well but I did follow all the steps so maybe this also helped.
Not sure but I feel there is possibly an issue with the launcher that is causing this from at least my experience.
Thanks, but I don't think you can have been having the 0xc00007b Windows error like the OP, as that is a game/Windows issue and cannot be resolved by a launcher reinstall.