• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Jaminge93

Recruit
19 Badges
Dec 21, 2020
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Empire of Sin
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Prison Architect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
I currently have three mods downloaded off steam and none of them are showing up and i cant find a way to see them, i've already done the process of getting rid of the launcher and its files and redownloading it but does anyone have any other help to try and fix this?

Please try the following:

- unsubscribe from all mods
- delete the folder Documents/paradox/CK3/mod/
- delete the file Documents/paradox/CK3/mods_registry.json
- delete the file Documents/paradox/CK3/launcher-v2.sqlite

Add CK3.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list. You should add steam.exe and C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2.2021.1/paradox launcher.exe to that list.

- subscribe to a few mods
- run the game up and see if those mods are now available to you.

I hope that does it for you!

Please try the following:

- unsubscribe from all mods
- delete the folder Documents/paradox/CK3/mod/
- delete the file Documents/paradox/CK3/mods_registry.json
- delete the file Documents/paradox/CK3/launcher-v2.sqlite

Add CK3.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list. You should add steam.exe and C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2.2021.1/paradox launcher.exe to that list.

- subscribe to a few mods
- run the game up and see if those mods are now available to you.

I hope that does it for you!
Thats not done it im afraid. This is all i get on the screen where mods should be.

Attachments

• Screenshot (36).png
    Screenshot (36).png
    1,7 MB · Views: 0
Hello. I have the same issue. Was uninstalling, reinstalling, deleting from documents etc. What is funny, that after all of that I had options to add mods, set playset etc. But Mods wasn't working. Then when i closed the game the launcher is again withot option to choose playset, mods are not showing etc. (like on screen above) I have CK3 in AV exceptions. It looks like, the version of launcher have changed during the game.

Hello. I have the same issue. Was uninstalling, reinstalling, deleting from documents etc. What is funny, that after all of that I had options to add mods, set playset etc. But Mods wasn't working. Then when i closed the game the launcher is again withot option to choose playset, mods are not showing etc. (like on screen above) I have CK3 in AV exceptions. It looks like, the version of launcher have changed during the game.
Yeah the launcher just changed for me too that launcher, i've set everything in exceptions that i needed too and whatnot but mods just dont appear whatsoever. I've even tried clicking on the "browse more mods" and seeing if they had the same mods that i use which they do but it still doesnt show up on the launcher or in game so im at a loss.

Thats not done it im afraid. This is all i get on the screen where mods should be.
That really looks like the antivirus app is still getting in the way. Which one do you use? Most cases of this problem are Avast or AVG, although others are possible.

Do the mod files end up in Documents/paradox/CK3/mod/ ?

That really looks like the antivirus app is still getting in the way. Which one do you use? Most cases of this problem are Avast or AVG, although others are possible.

Do the mod files end up in Documents/paradox/CK3/mod/ ?
Yeah all the mod files end up there and also i have AVG and added everything you've said to the exceptions list.

Then you may need to contact AVG support to see what else you have to do to get steam.exe , ck3.exe and paradox launcher.exe full access to the Windows user Documents folder.

When I turned off AVG Antivirus, everything was back to normal. Then I added launcher folder that You posted and it is working again. Thanks

To author: Try turning off your AV or other protection and then start the launcher. If everything is ok like in my case, that means there is problem with AV and You will at least know the nature of problem.
Good luck!

Last edited:
When I turned off AVG Antivirus, everything was back to normal. Then I added launcher folder that You posted and it is working again. Thanks

To author: Try turning off your AV or other protection and then start the launcher. If everything is ok like in my case, that means there is problem with AV and You will at least know the nature of problem.
Good luck!
I actually got rid of AVG all together, i turned it off and CK3 would just crash over and over, but when i got rid of it all together and got an antivirus called Alvira it all worked perfectly fine. Thank you for the help :)