• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

IcyWings

Recruit
Dec 25, 2020
I have tried every method suggested:
*reinstall (normal and "clean" (with removal of folders))
*checking the integrity of game files (several times)
*changed the screen settings
*removed every single mod (along with saves); wiped them out clean
*updated the drivers to newest version
*ran the Stellaris as an administator
*changes the compatibility to Windows 8
And nupe, nothing seems to help.

The logs show this:

Code:
Application: Stellaris 
Version: 2.8.1 
Date/Time: 2020-12-25 18:27:42

Unhandled exception C0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION) at address 0x0000000010003654

Stack Trace: 
  1    EZFRD64.DLL              DllCanUnloadNow (+ 9268)
  2                             (function-name not available) (+ 0)
  3                             (function-name not available) (+ 0)

I've seen this driver crash our games before:
Stack Trace:
1 EZFRD64.DLL DllCanUnloadNow (+ 9268)
You should unplug whatever device it is running, if possible, and seek an update for that driver from that vendor.

Opening what, sorry?

Opening what, sorry?
Sorry, forgot to say. I was on about the Stack Trace, I have never heard about it before now. Also what might help is my Stellaris game keeps crashing when I click play after the game settings and when I try to delete a custom species. I can still load games (though I only have one I have already won at) and I can do the resume fuction to do a game but it gives me a random species to start with. It was working fine before I went bed but when I woke up it refused to let me start a new game.

my Stellaris game keeps crashing when I click play after the game settings and when I try to delete a custom species. I can still load games (though I only have one I have already won at) and I can do the resume fuction to do a game but it gives me a random species to start with. It was working fine before I went bed but when I woke up it refused to let me start a new game.
That problem has nothing to do with the one discussed in this thread.

We are having trouble with Avast and our new launcher 2021.1 , although not necessarily this exact issue. Add stellaris.exe to the exceptions list of Avast. You should add steam.exe and C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2.2021.1/paradox launcher.exe to that list. You may need help from Avast support in how to allow those apps through fully.

The same may apply to other antivirus apps.

Let me know if that helps!

That problem has nothing to do with the one discussed in this thread.

We are having trouble with Avast and our new launcher 2021.1 , although not necessarily this exact issue. Add stellaris.exe to the exceptions list of Avast. You should add steam.exe and C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2.2021.1/paradox launcher.exe to that list. You may need help from Avast support in how to allow those apps through fully.

The same may apply to other antivirus apps.

Let me know if that helps!
Sorry about that, I just googled help with my situation and one of the links led here. I don't use advast but I'll try to apply this to my own antivirus. Sorry for wasting your time, this is the first time I have had this issue and all other methods have not worked so I am quite annoyed at this sudden issue and desperate for a solution. Thanks for the reply and hope you have a good day

It's not at all a waste of time, you have a problem and I'm here to help with that.

Best to post in your own fresh thread in future, rather than "met too" someone else's, to avoid confusion for anyone else who finds these threads!

It's not at all a waste of time, you have a problem and I'm here to help with that.

Best to post in your own fresh thread in future, rather than "met too" someone else's, to avoid confusion for anyone else who finds these threads!
I'll remember for the future. Anyway the problem was with the Paradox Laucncher, just deleted that and reinstalled it and it was fixed. I had forgotten that it was a sperate thing. Thanks for the help