• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

luke read

Recruit
10 Badges
Dec 7, 2020
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
Hi, purchased ck3 on steam over the weekend but every time I try to start it the game crashes when it “initialising game”. Tried a few things I’ve saw on here but nothing seems to work can someone please advertise?

thanks

In the game launcher please set Display mode to windowed.

IF that doesn't help, Install ALL these Microsoft modules:

(run dxsetup.exe after extracting from this download)

Add CK3.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.

If those don't help:
DXDIAG is a program you run from a command prompt or the Windows start menu 'run' dialog box (or 'search programs' in Windows 7 or later). After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach your Documents/Paradox/CK3/pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox/CK3/logs/ folder, attach system.log , error.log

Hi Andrew thanks for your reply,

I have tried some of these already but will attempt again. I’ve tried that much now I don’t recall what I have done. I’m not very technically minded so you will have to bare with me while I YouTube how to do it

thanks

Same problem (i use xbox game pass) and I can't close the game when he initialising, i need to stop my computer manualy. After that my windows account dosn't work... I need to restart my computer again...
I make video of my problem :
I add "paradox interactive" folder in my AV (eset nod32) exeption (i don't find ck3.exe on my computer, game pass ?).

Same problem (i use xbox game pass) and I can't close the game when he initialising, i need to stop my computer manualy. After that my windows account dosn't work... I need to restart my computer again...
I make video of my problem :
I add "paradox interactive" folder in my AV (eset nod32) exeption (i don't find ck3.exe on my computer, game pass ?).
MS lock down the gamepass folders very hard, they are almost impossible to access.

However if the computer has to be restarted, that begins to sound like a Windows or hardware problem.

DXDIAG is a program you run from a command prompt or the Windows start menu 'run' dialog box (or 'search programs' in Windows 7 or later). After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach your Documents/Paradox/CK3/pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox/CK3/logs/ folder, attach system.log , error.log

hi,

I hope it's good.

Edit : today i resolve a BUS controller problem, (install new driver).
My game start quickly.

Wait & see

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    100,9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: