The is there going to be a dev diary senate session

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
giphy.gif

Here's your Dev Dairy!

• 4Haha
Reactions:
Would be nice if they ever did a DD earlier in the day, I don't usually even bother looking until after lunch but I'm off work today...

I assume they prepare it during the day, where other teams have the leisure to do so earlier in the week and have it ready to post beforehand.

Reactions:
Of course, I don't think that they're doing it just to taunt us! But that doesn't make it less frustrating.

We do it just to taunt you.
Now you might think I mean the plural 'you', but I don't.
And it definitely has nothing to do with the fact Fridays are usually packed with meetings, and we have to write them on Mondays.

• 17Haha
  • 5Like
Reactions:
We do it just to taunt you.
Now you might think I mean the plural 'you', but I don't.
And it definitely has nothing to do with the fact Fridays are usually packed with meetings, and we have to write them on Mondays.
I'd say that I'm being unfairly and arbitrarily singled out here for mistreatment but I'm sure I deserved it.

• 7Haha
  • 3Like
Reactions:
that's because most people didn't read the previous DD and don't understand that this team is working purely on dlc additions, not rework of the game...

That's correct, but it also has to be said that there was quite a hype created in the DD before - and that always carries the risk to disappoint, unless you really extra-impress with what you deliver. Vitruvius addition of Great Wonders so far looks nice and good, but for my taste creating less expectations would have been beneficial, as even in terms of adding flavour I fail to see the "unprecedented" dimension here, which was announced.

• 4Like
Reactions:
That's correct, but it also has to be said that there was quite a hype created in the DD before - and that always carries the risk to disappoint, unless you really extra-impress with what you deliver. Vitruvius addition of Great Wonders so far looks nice and good, but for my taste creating less expectations would have been beneficial, as even in terms of adding flavour I fail to see the "unprecedented" dimension here, which was announced.

I think we should wait a couple more DD before tossing harsh judgment on this dlc.
we don't even know if the GW will do something particular or just add yet another percentage modifier, nor if that would be stackable, in case...

• 2Like
Reactions:
DD? Season of war stuff?

As much as I would like to have infos on it as well, I wouldn't count on it. Thats the closing part of last weeks DD, which makes me rather believe that we will get more infos on Vitruvius:

(...)We are as eager as you to get this out there and into your hands, right now we are putting the finishing touches on Vitruvius, and will have more news as it gets closer to release. This means that we’ll need to have a festina lente mindset right now, but we’re getting there. Until that time has arrived, we’ll continue to give you the inner workings of the Great Wonders feature in our upcoming developer diaries, so stay tuned.

Sure, we are in new land with two developments to IR happening at the same time, but will they now also start to mix DDs? I'm not sure - but we will probably be wiser later today ;)

Reactions:
I believe it is going to be The Autumn of War that is being shown off today (at least, I really bloody hope so!)

1601274630854.png

• 1Like
Reactions:
UI updates possibly. I expect Vitruvius first (in 2-3 weeks?) and the autumn of war update early december.
Fair guess, but last i checked, autumn didnt last until december. Global warming i guess?

I think it’ll be called the season of war instead or maybe winter.

IDK what to expect today though, “big” news on user interface i suppose.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Fair guess, but last i checked, autumn didnt last until december. Global warming i guess?

I think it’ll be called the season of war instead or maybe winter.

IDK what to expect today though, “big” news on user interface i suppose.

Autumn is just a social construct.

• 4Haha
Reactions: