• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes, I saw this story. Sadly, it is not that surprising. It seems like Paradox has been de-prioritizing QA for a long time now. It might be a big part of why there are so many bugs. But of course, it's not just limited to Paradox - almost every game these days is just a beta test in disguise at launch.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Yes, I saw this story. Sadly, it is not that surprising. It seems like Paradox has been de-prioritizing QA for a long time now. It might be a big part of why there are so many bugs. But of course, it's not just limited to Paradox - almost every game these days is just a beta test in disguise at launch.

Do note that this story only directly speaks to the QA department on the publishing side, and doesn’t have much information on the state of things in the Paradox Development Studio’s QA team(s), as far as I can see.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Not gonna buy CK3, Its bad, Its half the game CK2 is and it has tons of bugs, like all paradox games. Truth is since few years paradox droped really bad in terms of quality; look at Stellaris, I dont want to support them.

• 4Like
Reactions:
I'm with you here.
CK2 is one heck of a game honestly, I've only ever spent more time in CIV4 and maybe WoW.
Clocked 3000 hours in CK2 before CK3 hit and I'm not going to stop :D

I'm approaching 5k hours and still having a lot of fun with this game! CIV 4 was amazing - if only its successors were any good.

• 4Like
Reactions:
I'm not too thrilled about PDX pricing and DLC strategy, and I know that I'm a completionist (stupid me) so I did not purchase CK3 yet (also my 8 year old PC may have issues running it). I will see someday (I looked some YT let's play and was not feeling I was missing much, however).
There are so many stuff that I never tried in CK2. And also half of the Monarch journey characters (for the challenges, not the rewards) so I will take my time doing this, +EU4 (assuming some annoying bugs will be fixed)

• 1Like
Reactions:
I do not want to trashtalk CK3 - this game is great in his own ways. But for the moment there are several reasons, why I stay at CK2: I have almost 100 achievements to go, there are so many things I have not tried out yet - and I spent a whole lot of money for all the DLCs I bought. And last but not least: CK3 will not run with my outdated graphic card.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I bought CK3, played it for few hours and enjoyed it, but I am going to stay with CK2. I like playing total conversion mods (like After the End: Fan Fork or the Faerun mod), so I will stay here until the CK3 versions of mods start being relased. I hope that base-game CK3 gets more polished by that time.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I bought CK3, played it for few hours and enjoyed it, but I am going to stay with CK2. I like playing total conversion mods (like After the End: Fan Fork or the Faerun mod), so I will stay here until the CK3 versions of mods start being relased. I hope that base-game CK3 gets more polished by that time.
The advantage of playing CK2 mods now is that they won't break with new updates anymore.

• 5Like
Reactions:
I'm sticking to CK2, I bought CK3 and it felt refreshing for about 50h, but now, the more I play it, the less I like it, so I'm not going to kill my thrill completely, it's getting shelved for the time being.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I love ck2s log and it’s disappearance from 3 means I can’t play 3. I want to know what’s going on in the world not just play my own realm.

Reactions: