• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I wonder what’s next on the conquering list? More of Italy? Bulgaria?

Well, wherever I can get claimants. At the start there are not many, but they will start hanging around. Bulgaria is still Byz, and fighting them is a bit timely. And this wars are far from over. So we will see. Allies could definitely catch a breath for a while. So once we finish this and refresh, we shall see. Could easily be some holy wars in Sunni Africa since those are fairly weak without proper help, as Fatimids are Shia and can't join in. And I will need some new counties for landing claimants. Let's see.

So after war declaration, Mihajlo raised his levies and went back to his duties - of banging the genius girl. Due to some disarray, one Apulian army caught some of my allies, with numbers largely in their favor. My levies were hurrying to help, managed only to arrive to get some beating as well as allies were already waving flags. However it prolonged battle enough for Italian allies to arrive and defeat them. Pyrrhic victory but OK.
ck2_52.jpg ck2_53.jpg

Eventually Byz decided to show up. Old Emperor died, his son was elected he was leading the troops himself having skill 1. Not the brightest Empror, it seems. First army went to siege back Lychnidos... anyway, to keep it short, there was some going around, eventually one Byz army 4k strong caught up my 3.5k but they decided to do so by crossing Danube. Even AI should have known better. We won but again it was a Pyrrhic victory, casualties were same and Byz defeated army still has more soldiers than the victorious one. Emperor wasn't there but my son strategos of Rascia was, ungrateful brat. Italian armies walked by second Byz army, but never attached to my army, so I kept following them as they head to Italy, otherwise single army can be easily destroyed by Byz. Eventually there was a smaller battle that was won again, and then it seemed war will be won.
ck2_56.jpg ck2_57.jpg

Meanwhile, Capua won the siege of Napoli, having only 1.5k soldiers but there was no time for them. So, again to Italy.
It might look easy after previously already winning war against Byz, but actually things are a bit tight. Armies are scattered and are needing that peacetime to fill the ranks. Capua and Apulia will be dealt with, those defensive holly wars are almost done, but I can't merge all the allies. That would be like merging 10 armies to get proper 5-6k and Byz still has the same number, except not scattered.

• 1Love
Reactions:
Southern Italy will soon be subjugated.

Also, yes, the Strategos of Rascia is ungrateful. Perhaps you could kill him and seize his lands by inheritance?

Reactions:
Also, yes, the Strategos of Rascia is ungrateful. Perhaps you could kill him and seize his lands by inheritance?

Nah, I checked him at the beginning, he starts the game with 2 sons and currently has 4 kids. But it might be easier to get Rascia in future. It will be de jure when kingdom of Serbia is formed, and perhaps there will be some independence rebellion in Byz. Also, I wouldn't consider him a priority. As king of Serbs I should focus on getting all Serbian lands under my rule or members of my dynasty, which means Singidunum, Nish, Rama and Lychnidos. We will have some new goals pretty soon. For now, he get's to be laughed at for siding with some lousy Emperors only to be beaten by his level duke father. I hope he will learn from that but... you know how ungrateful those aristocratic kids are.

Meanwhile nothing much. Byz won some holdings back including Ragusa. Dioclean League defeated Capuans and assaulted Napoli, and now lay siege to Capua. Both defensive holy wars are finally over and increased my chest content to over 1k coins. However, another Tunisian attacked, this time sultan and he means serious business. For now, I am not able to attack him as most of those undermanned ally armies won't attach. Two minor positive things though, Pope again decided to help, and Croatia and Venice are finally done fighting each other. So there should be 2k Croatians now willing to help out more properly.
ck2_58.jpg

I was messing around with my legitimized daughters, and it seems that usual Greek Strategos has little regard for his line. I noticed this before, and I think it is Byz specific. Normal count or let alone duke would never marry his second-in-line daughter without matrilineal marriage (well except in some rare cases). Same goes for independent Greek lords. But within Byz they agree even on their eldest sons and grandsons.
ck2_50.jpg ck2_51.jpg
I got Athens, Moesia and Thracesia to agree to matrilineal betrothals with their heir sons. Not enough liking for alliance, but still... if those betrothals stand, my dynasty will be ruling around and produce claimants on their own that I won't have to land first. All that is in far future, off course.

Last edited:
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Invasion of Greece, I take it? The Serbo-Greek Empire will be very interesting...

Reactions:
Invasion of Greece, I take it? The Serbo-Greek Empire will be very interesting...
For Serbia, that seems logical. For the in-game rules and situation, invasion of non-HRE Italy is far easier. But if I keep up with alliances, anywhere is possible, I just need to find how, meaning to find claimants.

Speaking of alliances, France finally finished the war with HRE and are offered alliance shortly after. One army of 5k and 2 more armies of 2k are arriving. Thanks to our new friends the French, fighting Byz and Zirid Sultanate is quite possible. It was already a bit better with Croatians properly joining. Byz on the other hand is finishing the siege of my capitol. Capua was defeated and I even got several prisoners for ransom before signing a treaty. I released Capuan heir and got the opinion bonus, because I liked his stats. Afterward he didn't really liked where he ended up and was willing to join my court, as only his father has negative modifier for usurping his titlw. So I got my first commander with Organizer skill.
ck2_60.jpg ck2_61.jpg

After a while, French finally arrived and I was able to attack Byz. They chased one of my armies into Italy, but couldn't run back on time. Majority of the force was French, but Italian stack also managed to join although battle was already won.
ck2_62.jpg ck2_63.jpg

So, as everything was going fine (except for Zirid invasion in Sicily, but I will soon take care of that), it was time for new page in history books:
ck2_64.jpg
Long live king Mihajlo the Banger!!! Ooops, sorry, I meant: Mihajlo the Lewd!!!
As you can see I acquired few more legitimized kids. My genius girl decided she had enough of my banging and rejected me. What? She also claims that once she rejects me, she should be left alone for 10 years. Whatwhat?

Oh, and I landed my genius son, gave him both Sicilian provinces. I don't usually land children, especially important ones, but since court is crowded, he should be able to spend more time with his Hungarian princess. After a while he managed to acquire lunatic trait. Well, who's to say the difference between the genius and a lunatic? :)

Last edited:
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Shame about the genius girl. Her actions don’t really make sense, but whatever CK2. Do your thing.

Things seem to be going really well for Serbia...

Reactions:
Apulian war was going good except there was no holding captured in de jure Apulia, but that was about to change before the winter is over. As the wars are going well with French troops around, king Mihajlo wished for a proper gift for New Year and it came from Bohemian king (it took a long time since in the end 3 events were needed)
ck2_21.jpg
He also thought that, having formed a new kingdom, he should enact new regulations... but due to the lack of ideas (and technology), he settled for religious revoking. This also means that spymaster will keep studying technology in Constantinople and Chaplain will keep spreading cultural technology in capitol province, and no cultural points will be spent until we are able to get Legalism level 3 and new succession laws. Hopefully some events for getting cultural points will fire from time to time. Main Zirid forces were crushed and now getting Sicilian holdings back was at hand.
ck2_24.jpg ck2_23.jpg

After fall of Cannae, capitol of Apulia, Mihajlo grew impatient, especially with all this fresh ally troops around... and decided to simply storm the city and temple holdings in Apulian capitol county, so that he could end that war too and practically double the size of his realm.
ck2_25.jpg
WHAT??? What da f.... That sneaky duke created duchy of Benevento and f-ed Mihajlo over. Argh, MIHAJLO CHOP! Well, it ain't that bad off course, realm increase of 3 counties for the realm of this size. Immediately, deceitful Catholic women started coming to king Mihajlo court, only to be married to men at his grandson's Apulian court. Like I said, new duke of Apulia is the son of Mihajlo's second son (now a bishop), so he is in the way of the "geniusness".

Well, later that year war for Dubrovnik/Ragusa was also won, since the Emperor started having a huge rebellion on his hands. Led by prince of Bononia which is perfect - I can conquer Singidunum as de jure of Serbian kingdom by attacking rebels (I have now truce with the empire itself). I gave the newly conquered city to my nephew, but first married him to Morosini girl - old Contraini Dodge passed away, so this gave me a new NAP. Also, as I was not paying attention, I sent that small merc band back into Balkans to try and attach with some allies, but small Byz army managed to strike and completely annihilate them. So, no active mercs on payroll ATM.
ck2_26.jpg

What else is going on? Byz were not fighting Cumania for a while now, and Cumanian Khan is now Orthodox. I guess that is how they ended the war. Seljuks swallowed Gerogia, and now have a very huge rebellion for independence, fought by the most of their eastern vassals, but not including Gerogian area. There were some wars constantly being waged in Hispania, seems like Christians are making a push in eastern part of Hispania. There was a war for independence in Fatimid, but was unsuccessful and I thing these guys, having their cheap cavalry Mamluks, will eventually have to clash with mighty rising Serbian kingdom. But so far, 10 years into the game, I would say my realm has pretty much survived and is in no danger anymore. Even if king dies, new king would be able to renegotiate few alliances immediately and use chancellor to re-establish few more. Plus war chest is full in case some mercs are needed. So, even in some worst case scenario, I don't think I can lose any defensive war any time soon. Unless they simply come storming, which is not likely to happen.

Last edited:
  • 1Love
Reactions:
King Mihjalo had important decision to make before un-pausing the time.... before the day is over. He set down with his advisors to decide what is next priority in line: goal of joining Serbian lands under his rule, so he should advance on Singidunum, or goal of having capable rules of the kingdom, so he should work towards making his genius son the new heir. All advisors agreed that good ruler is by far more important, as then realm will be stronger and any conquest will come easier, instead of gaining more lands only to allow the realm to fall to pieces. With heavy heart in his chest (and the boner in his pants because he was thinking of his daughter-in-law French princess), he made an autocratic decision that he knew will be unpopular. But he had some small hope his eldest son will understand. After all, it was all for the good of the realm (banging his daughter-in-law as well). But king Mihajlo's hopes were quickly shattered, as the reply from his son reminded him how ungrateful his children are. Very well then, with all of his allies, making his son understand will be a quick job.
ck2_27.jpg

That was in autumn of 1077. There were no big happenings until the New Year of 1078. Then, all the children born before 1066 have their birthdays. Our king Mihjalo is now a married man again. That obviously opened new possibilities from new alliances. Queen's parents rule Thrace and Armenia, and her mother has a brother that rules Aegan Islands and sister countess of Euboia. Naturally, all women want to sign alliance immediately, as well as father-in-law due to marriage ties modifier. Queen's brother is Michael, ruler of Bononia and leader of ongoing revolt, so no signing anything with him since we want Singidunum. I don't know what happened, but Naissos somehow became independent, which is very convenient.
ck2_28.jpg
So, expecting to soon declare war on Byz revolt and expecting the rest of Byz world to dislike Mihajlo for that, let's first see if we can make few more betrothals. Seeing how they are willing to accept matrilineal offers, and as Mihajlo had few more kids and grandchildren around, and having nothing better to do while alliances were being made... well, picture speaks more than words. Here are the current NAPs:
ck2_33.jpg
None of the Greek rulers naturally don't want to sign an alliance. Currently, chancellor is working on relations with Moesian ruler considering that he is near and very strong. Then I decided to start looking for better commanders because it was about time to speed up those sieges. And then something both shocking and totally unexpected has happened:
ck2_4.jpg
His nephew, who was by far the most educated on the court, asked Mihajlo to switch to Orthodox church. And to a surprise of both west and east (positive or negative), and to a shock of Pope himself who was still fighting with Mihajlo against Zirid sultanate, Mihajlo agreed. Western rulers received letters explaining that regardless of changing the church, he still loves them all... and all alliances are still standing. His holiness Pope, who was not previously commenting on Mihajlo's behavior, now started openly talking about how Catholic church is only better after losing such member who is more devoted to carnal pleasures than to our Father in Heavens. But, other then the noise, there was not much of reactions around. Local lords and people welcomed Mihajlo's "getting back to his senses". Catholic commanders didn't care at all, their payroll remained the same.

His son and heir was defeated and Zeta was revoked. Curiously, his son ended up on MIhajlo's court. I expected he will chose court of his genius brother in Siciliy. This will make assassination of grandson very easy. I haven't even noticed that first grandson died and actually there was another grandson. My eldest son ended up in Oubliette, hoping he will simply die there due to lack of sun and alcohol.
ck2_34.jpg
Then I also decided to do something gamey. As assassination of duke of Apulia was not happening, I decided to leave war with Zirid active, as it gives opinion bonus to all vassals. Even though that modifier is active, there was no event firing to assassinate the young duke. Apart from that, I got one legitimized ugly son and I betrothed him to 7 years older countess of Chalkidike, vassal to Byz revolt, so one more NAP.
ck2_35.jpg ck2_36.jpg

About this betrothals, the only child I do not want to betroth/marry is that genius daughter. I plan to eventually matrilineally marry her to some other genius around and land him. And now, I guess everything is ready for Singidunum.

Last edited:
  • 1Love
Reactions:
I figured out what happened to Naissos, count is rebelling against his liege, and liege is my brother-in-law Bononia Strategos, leader of revolt. So I guess rebellion of rebellion ends up in appearing independent on the map. Not sure if actually it only appears that way or is really independent. However, something far more weird has happened. But let me get there first.

After imprisoning his eldest son, Mihajlo (again) asked for a favor, this time from his genius son who was the Marshal, to get the majority on the council and start a war. First all levies were dismissed, and since monthly income was 11 coins, Mihajlo decided to start hiring mercenaries with monthly upkeep around 10 coins or a bit more. After checking the options, decision fell upon Swiss Band due to having pikemen (I think I read somewhere their presence also speeds up the siege).
ck2_37.jpg
In any case, I didn't want a band with too much light infantry. Mercs are convenient, you can declare war freely and their costs is not fixed but depends on how many men they actually have, and also have reinforcements. Pretty soon after some battles or assaults their upkeep will be lower than monthly income anyway. So, on same day levies are dismissed, mercs are hired so present allies simply reattach. And btw, now I have a siege commander too.
ck2_38.jpg
In Sicily, was with Zirid was still raging. Advisors were begging Mihajlo to sign the peace as Zirid was ready to pay compensation, but Mihajlo would have none of it. As long as they have an army, war will be fought. Well, allies simply went there and decimated the army, I wasn't even paying attention. Improved relations fired in Moesia and Chancellor was sent to Naissos.

Meanwhile I decided to abandon the plot to assassinate duke of Apulia as nothing was happening, and to at least finish off heirs' son. That went quickly as he was in my court, and afterwards, after starting again the plot against the grandson duke, I saw a lot of people being automatically invited. So I guess I simply had to restart the plot as something was bugged.
ck2_5.jpg

And now the strangest thing happened. I saved position and exited the game. I guess I can't be 100% sure, but I could swear that I was still fighting the Byz rebellion for de jure claim on Singidunum. However when I returned to the game to continue playing, rebels were all independent. I guess I can't be sure, but I think this change DID NOT happen in-game, while I was playing, but when position was loaded. I don't know how could that happens, as I am sure similar scenarios must have happened before and I never saw bug like this. Rebels were fighting to increase council power. The Emperor passed away in November, and Strategos of Trebizond was elected new Emperor. There were no other wars in Byz. Now, Strategos Michael is independent (and still Strategos) and fighting wars with me and with Naissos (he tried to revoke it, so Naissos count is rebelling against his tyranny). Also, Strategos of Paphlagonia is independent now.

Assassinating duke of Apulia now turned out to be very quick job.
ck2_6.jpg
After that, Zirid got their peace and Mihajlo got more than 300 coins. Now, another important thing and a goal achieved: before unpausing the game, I was wondering how to take care of my heir in the oubliette. You can't plot against your children, and I didn't know what else to do with him. So when I checked possible actions on the character, I saw I can simply execute him regardless of him being my heir.
ck2_40.jpg
Yes, as you may guess, this resulted with more tyranny as well as kinslayer trait. I don't understand why are characters so bitchy about it, it was all for the good of the realm. Long live prince Gavril, heir to kingodm of Serbia.
ck2_41.jpg

I guess this was enough for now. I definitely should have called this AAR genius Serbia. Actually, thinking of that, forming kingdom of Serbia was kinda simple, regardless of being gamey with alliances. Only 5 de jure counties and ambition that makes it cheaper. I kinda now wished I formed custom kingdom of Duklja. As dynasty is called "Dukljanin" it is kinda more appropriate (which is probably incorrect, as there was only mentioning of line called Vlastimirovic before Nemanjic dynasty). I guess I could rename it simply.... or I think too much about unimportant things...

What's next? Being a fresh Orthodox, Mihajlo will probably turn his attention to forming some eastern alliances. And perhaps start with some holly wars... we'll see. One thing in the surroundings is that independence revolt was won against Seljuk sultanate, so now lot of small chunks east of Byz. And the Emperor decided to attack Seljuks, I suppose that war will last for a while.
ck2_39.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Well played, Norman Duke of Apulia, err, Benevento. Well played.

The Orthodox rulers are happy and the Pope is pissed...

There are a lot of independent Greek and Anatolian states now, right? I guess they could use Serbian protection. After all, Byzantium will want them back and the Seljuks are always a threat. Even better given that the two aforementioned states are at war with each other...

Reactions:
I have to agree with you, those states definitely crave for Serbian protection. The problem is, I have no way of getting any CB on them. Too distant for holly war, no claimants I can easily get. It would definitely be missed opportunity if either power starts swallowing them. I should have somehow helped independence revolt in Fatimid, but I had no time nor money to send proper troops there - I say money because I don't have enough levies anyway.

So, small steps, I guess. I will definitely start with nearby Muslim rulers. Malta still holds Salerno, so that's obvious holly war, especially as they are not strong so it will be attacked by some other country anyway, usually it is Genoa or Pisa, taking Sicily and moving into Africa. And I need new and free provinces for potential claimants.

I gave a quick look around and these would be my preferred picks, as they claim a duchy.
This is a young queen of Bretagne. She has some wars on her hands, one for tribute and one targeting single county. No challenge for entire duchy yet.
ck2_42.jpg
And this is her bastard half-brother:
ck2_43.jpg

Another possibility is a bit straightforward strong-claimant:
ck2_44.jpg

But first I need to land them, they are not getting Serbian lands as that is reserved for dynasty members and I don't want republics getting provinces in front of my nose... to holly war then. Mihajlo already fought them for the glory of the Catholics, he can do it just the same for Orthodox. Steel is still a steel, and gold didn't change it's smell with a change of the church. Ah, those universal things that always overcome our differences....

Last edited:
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Mihajlo seems to have realized that Orthodox and Catholics aren’t that different...

Perhaps his descendants can mend the schism?

Reactions:
Mihajlo seems to have realized that Orthodox and Catholics aren’t that different...
That's what I meant with title "winks with both eyes". I was thinking of switching between religions in each generation in order to easier gain alliances on both west and east. I wasn't thinking it could happen with ongoing ruler under organized religion, but yeah, this is exactly how we wanted to exist "in between".

Perhaps his descendants can mend the schism?

Interesting proposal. Can you mend the schism as any ruler or you have to be Byz Emperor specifically? I know any Orthodox can mend the schism in EU3, but wasn't sure about CK2. In any case, I will surely push for all the holy sites and Pentarchs... eventually...

Reactions:
I think Byzantine Emperor has to be your main title, but I’m not certain. Even if that’s true, though, you can always form a Serbian Empire, and then create Byzantium, make Byzantium your primary title, mend the schism, switch your primary title back to Serbia, and then abolish Byzantium.

Reactions:
Interesting idea. Yes, some religious descendant might actually do this. Even though this is gamey approach, I don't want for such a great dynasty with such a capable leader to simply steal Byz crown. Empire of Diocela/Duklja sounds much better, and then yes, I guess mending this "split of Christianity" could be valid RP decision.

Mihajlo was working on eastern alliances. Moesia already joined since the relationship event fired. Old and now incapable, but with strong army, Strategos of Samos received two Dukljanins as the wards, but as soon as he signed alliance those wards were recalled. He is now pissed, but he is over 60 and incapable... and still an ally. Armenicon and Paphlagonia joined the league with much less fuss.

And I gotta give it to my chancellor:
ck2_7.jpg
I guess it is only fair to eventually press his claims. Problem is, one French count and one HRE count are already grabbing his brother's lands. Oh well...

Singidunum became part of the realm but is ruled by some Greek guy. We can't have that in our Serbian de jure lands. So as soon as cooldown is finished, chancellor will move to Singidunum since Mihajlo is not willing to cause more tyranny. And then, after allies caught some breath, but not too much so they don't start some silly wars on their own, it was time for Naissos and holy war for Salerno. Mercs were already arriving at Naissos before war has been declared.
ck2_47.jpg
As you can see, there is a revolt in Hungary. I know my grandson will eventually have a claim to Hungarian throne.... but why waiting and leaving things to chance. Revolt is for independence of the Tengri rulers. I guess Hungarian king didn't holly warred Wallachia but liberated it instead. Hungary is allied with HRE and Denmark, but that won't apply when attackin grebels, only Hungarian king himself will be hostile. Anyway, I think of moving in.

Meanwhile, king Mihajlo acquired another siege commander. Brother of count of Seleukia wasn't exactly liking his brother too much. He arrived with wife and the kid, which is not great since court count is already above 50, but still, siege commander is always welcome.

And once few allies arrived at Naissos, impatient Mihajlo sent order to his commanders to assault the citadel (lvl1 walls and fortifications) and the city and to move to Turnu. Siege and movement commanders were swapping as the leaders of the center. Few days before arriving to Turnu, Naissos signed surrender and holy war against rebels was declared. Rebels were doing some country-side tourism in Severin.
ck2_48.jpg
But as soon as army arrived in Turnu, scouts reported that Hungarian king was already laying siege to Tirgoviste for some time. We can't allow for rebels to have any reason to think they should abandon their revolt. So army immediately proceeded to Tirgovise, had some fun with Hungarians and continued their siege which was already near finish. Afterwards city and temple holdings were stormed as both had laughable walls and fortification.
At this point, rebels have won siege of Severin, ensuring that warscore against Hungary is in their favor, so Duklja army was now eager to play with them too and speed up this war. Then army moved into Turnu where allies already started the siege. This actually caused some allies to move to Galaz. If you mix impatient king with lvl1 defenses, you will get orders of assaulting as result. Army proceed to Galaz where allies were already finishing of remnants of Hungarian and their allies.
ck2_49.jpg ck2_50.jpg ck2_54.jpg ck2_51.jpg
But army wasn't going for Galaz and warscore with rebels was already 100%. Khagan of Pecheng had less than 400 soldiers and two Hungarian counts were attacking him. One was count of Turnu and he already got Khagan's capitol, but since that was about to be conquered, that war will be ended. So into Pecheng lands, holly war of Wallachia was won (which got me a solid commander, Vlach Orthodox) and new war for Moldau is declared.
ck2_52.jpg
Some allies moved into capitol Birlad, now liberated, while main army attacked poor Pechengs and had some more assaulting to do. Then I spotted this:
ck2_53.jpg
That idiot of my genius son arranged a marriage with my vassal, that inherited Apulia after mysterious death of my in-the-way grandson. What possible benefit would be gained, let alone some proper claim? I guess he deserves his lunatic trait. Mihajlo immediately starts plotting death of the poor innocent girl... who should have known better herself than to try becoming a queen.

Which reminds me: ex-ruler of Naissos was already taken care of. He arrived at my court, which I don't understand, but whatever. He is Bulgarian and I get there are no other Bulgarian rulers around, but I guess he could go to some of my few vassals. Anyway, I started plotting against him. Then his infant son inherited his 100 coins and then he will be put to some use eventually. After conquering Wallachia, one city was given to young Bulgarian noble, and one to my renounced possessed son, the only son Mihajlo managed to father with his genius lowborn girl. Well, if he was able of conjuring his personal witch at the age of 1, I don't wanna wait until he is 20, conjuring some dragons and starting his own Blackfire rebellion. So instead, he got one city to play with.
ck2_62.jpg ck2_64.jpg
Naissos was not given to Dukljanin member, but there was some Serbian guy in my court, for years now with dynasty of his own. So why not - he was married to some lowborn fertile Serbian girl and given Naissos. Just to be clear, fertile woman means either lustful or "Midas Touched"/"Gray Eminence", or combination of the two.
ck2_67.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Hungary is about to be attacked. Good, good. The more lands Serbia has, the better...

Preparing for the future is always good.

Reactions:
Hungary is about to be attacked. Good, good. The more lands Serbia has, the better...

Preparing for the future is always good.

Well, it is my genius son that is married to Hungarian princess and conceived a genius son with her. So eventually I will play with him and hope to push the claim. So it is not exactly "about to be attacked" but yes, preparing for the future.

So, while we are on the prepare for the future topic, I forgot to mention small detail. While the war was still on, I decided to hire another merc band as I could afford the upkeep
ck2_66.jpg
Immediately ships of vassals have been summoned (band had to wait a bit until fleet big enough was there) and they started to sail a long long way west. Salerno conquest was handled entirely by allies, I only glanced there once in a while. Pecheneg was being captured rather quickly, as assaults were easy.
ck2_57.jpg ck2_58.jpg ck2_61.jpg
The first merc band was down to 600 men from 1600 that started, and slowly increasing the number. But there was not much time, as they also boarded the small fleet and headed west.

And as the wars were slowly getting to the end, I've been busy preparing for future. Looking for claimants off course, giving them wards and the gifts if they don't want to come straight and landing them on new lands, then asking them to convert to Orthodox while it is still a peace.
ck2_76.jpg ck2_63.jpg ck2_77.jpg ck2_78.jpg ck2_79.jpg
Curios bunch of guys, you'll admit, from all over the place. Several wars will be declared at once, including holy war on independent Tengri count of Oleshye.

F.e. one smaller thing, if I encounter someone with a little of money that wants to be invited without much trouble, he gets a city or a temple, simply to have those coins ending up in my realm. There were not that many Serbians around.
ck2_65.jpg
One example is brother of count of Rosello. I do not need his claim as I will try to push for duchy of Barcelona, but he had 80 coins and wanted to join my court right away, so he was given city to invest and rule.

Tirgoviste and Turnu went to my brother and nephew, so no claims to kingdom to bother my descendants. I am keeping Birlad for now, if pressing Lyon for my hard-working chancellor is possible, I will land him there.
So as few months went by, this landing and converting was happening and all of our allies were resting and preparing for future wars. And then, carrying fresh 2,5k strong merc band, first Serbian fleet arrived at the coast of Ireland. This time, Irish rulers were not facing some giant race of Fomors from underground, they were facing something far more harder to defend themselves from - the entire Dioclean League.

Oh, and if you are btw interested how does declaration of war looks like when you are having 20 alliances, well, it looks very blueish :)
ck2_80.jpg
I guess using alliance mechanics to the max is kinda achieved for this ruler :)

• 1Love
Reactions:
Yes. There are no neighbors, just allies to be exploited!

Where in Ireland are you attacking, by the way?

Reactions:
Let's continue
ck2_5.jpg
So I attacked duchy of Mumu. When I conquered Pecheng Khanate, Mumu was in war against a host, someone claiming the title. So I invited a cousin with weak claim and pushed it. Also, I got an old man with two strong claims on the north two counties. The new fresh mercs were already arriving to Ireland, the other mercs are almost there, although with less than half manpower from what they started. Meanwhile, brave allies are advancing to Brittany.
ck2_4.jpg
As you can see there is a war which is already at 67%. I was mentioning my very useful dipl.19 chancellor who has strong claims on Lyon and Forez. Well, since that was being swallowed by some French vassals, Forez was already gone and Lyon was on its way, I decided to try and simply declare the war, which then involved French king as ally. I immediately got 67% since French vassal already won some sieges, pushing his own claim. And then it jumped over 90 and I got peace offer from Lyon count, my chancellor's brother. I am not sure how mechanics work, did I screwed up the French guy or what.... or maybe Lyon count simple decided he would prefer his brother on the throne then some other French guy... Either way, I immediately landed my chancellor in Birlad (in Wallachia) and accepted the offer. And chancellor moved his capital to Lyon. Well, I suppose it makes sense.

Small curious thing and unimportant thing, this ex-count of Lyon has a son who doesn't like duke of Savoy, where they ended up. And he almost liked king Mihajlo. That turned into a big liking after gift and wards, and he left western world to join court of Duklja. Why? Because he has Organizes trait! And he will inherit his fathers 250 coins, which is always nice to have around.
ck2_23.jpg
Why do I find this curious? Because that is how I got my first organizer commander. He was son and heir of count of Capua, whom I pushed out with fabrication to finally form the kingdom. So both speedy commanders I got are heirs of my poor enemies, both will inherit some money and they are bonded by marriage, because wife of Lyon one is sister of Capuan one. Not done by me, game handled it nicely. It's a small world... of medieval rulers :)

So I got Lyon without a fight, and merchants of Amalfi decide to form Defensive Pact against me. They should definitely be taught a lesson. And then this happens, super strange:
ck2_2.jpg
I don't get it. He is that one, like the first proper commander I got, I think I mentioned him, with 3 strong claims to Wales duchies. Well actually, one is just titular, like Amalfi. I got him married to daughter of duke of Slavonia (because I am womanizer and she didn't like her father) and would eventually start pushing his claims. But he is young and it was more urgent to land that weak claimant on Mumu. I mean, I understand that he could somehow usurp titles, like some game event or whatever, but how did he ended up as my vassal, I do not get. He was NOT landed at the time, just a courtier, I would land him later when I decide to push his claims. So, I don't get why is he in my realm. Just because he was my courtier? I would not expect it.

But hey, free expansion... why not. Then one of those Irish counts in the north that I would attack soon joined the DP. Common guys, it is much faster to attack you in separate wars. So, he got my son for his daughter. Yes, this betrothal will be cancelled later when armies are ready positioned for attack. It's a cruel unfair world.
ck2_7.jpg

On the east, Pecheng Khagan, now landless was looting my Pecheng provinces. Also, I attacked that independent Tengri count of Olesheye, because my Greek allies were already sieging the province, and then decided to simply head south for some reason. Whatever, I raised my levies in Duklja just to beat both those armies, small but unnecessary pain.
ck2_8.jpg ck2_9.jpg
And then I immediately dismissed them, as it was time to attack Amalfi. However, council was against it. I keep forgetting I am not an absolute autocrat. My ungrateful chancellor, who now rules 2 counties thanks to me has 3 other councilors in his pocket, meaning in his favor and will be active for more than 2 years. And two of them are my own sons! One is genius lunatic heir serving as marchal, the other is that high-intrigue landless obviously-wants-to-stay-landless son who was always my spymaster. Those ungrateful rich kids.... Time to restructure the council.

Btw, poor duchess of Apulia died under strange circumstances and now king's cousin rules in Apulia. He is actually king Mihajlo's son, because Mihajlo's uncle was too old to impregnate the poor de Hauteville girl, but never mind. She was betrothed to genius grandson, that would eventually become the king. So, now grandson is betrothed to king's just born daughter. This will give more than 10 years of him remaining unwed, until then hopefully Mihajlo will die and some proper marriage can be obtained when I am in control of that lunatic heir.

And I have to now give a big praise to my genius lunatic heir: he did made a stupid betrothal, but since he became landed in Sicily with his Hungarian princes wife, he conceived 3 more sons. So he now has 4 sons, and only the last one is without genius trait. Wow! Impressive.

Last edited:
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Stupid council, always getting in the way of World Conquest.

Nice to know that geniuses still exist in the ruling line, so the realm will continue to be well off in the future.

Maybe the courtier was a vassal of one of your vassals? No clue what happened there.

Reactions: