[Dev Team] 2.7.2 Patch Released [checksum 60bf]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Does one of the fixes include a recurring issue when reinforcing fleets causes unnamed shipyards with a -1 number next to it filling up spaces in the build que. Eventually not allowing anymore building, I dont see it in the changelog and apologies if it is and I missed it! :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Any chance people getting dragged into an offensive war, probably due to auto accept when timed out, getting a fix?

This is due to the war declaration vote (be it federation vote or war invitation vote) not popping up and staying hidden in your top left notifications. Can anyone confirm if the Anomaly pop-up fix today also fixed this?

Reactions:
Does one of the fixes include a recurring issue when reinforcing fleets causes unnamed shipyards with a -1 number next to it filling up spaces in the build que. Eventually not allowing anymore building, I dont see it in the changelog and apologies if it is and I missed it! :)

None... still not fixed to this day...

• 5Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I would like to ask that Paradox please focus only on bug/feature fixing and quality of life improvements (such as performance & the UI) for at least the next few months. In Stellaris we have a game on the cusp of greatness, but bugs & features not working quite right just deflates its when the endgame period comes around.

• 6Like
Reactions:
This current patch for Paradox is much more stable than previous releases and is a good step forward. However, Stellaris, in my opinion, does require some more bug fixing and quality of life improvements as its top priority.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Sad to see that the Lost Colony origin is still broken for the Deneb system. It's really silly to see a nation that appears in promotional and marketing material and in the game's book not spawn their parent nation. For &*#@'s sake, this feature worked since the game was released and only broke when the Lost Colony origin was added. How did QA miss that this origin broke one of their pre-generated marketing material nations?

For those not aware, prior to 2.7 the default Commonwealth of Man would spawn Earth with the same species traits somewhere in the galaxy. In 2.7, a new feature was added when playing as default UNE where the CoM is spawned. However, if you play as the default CoM then Earth will NOT spawn. In order to get the lost colony feature to work correctly for CoM (you know, the nation that inspired the origin) you need to edit the pre-made nation and change the starting home system to random.

I'd be embarrassed if I were on this dev team. The nation that is the setting for the Stellaris book, the inspiration for the Soldier voice set, has a flag pin in the merch store, appears in half of the Utopia story trailer, is the inspiration for the Lost Colony origin, and is the only empire with additional scripted story content that has worked from version 1.0 to 2.6 has its unique in-game feature (Lost Colony) broken in 2.7 for it and it alone. You guys put in all that effort to implement the Lost Colony origin in a generic way yet still broke the one key feature of your premade example empire you use for marketing and promotional uses when it has been working perfectly fine since the game was first released. You even went so far as to add an event to the premade UNE to expand on the UNE/CoM story but still broke the CoM half.

Last edited:
  • 11Like
Reactions:
No fix for the AI rejecting all war proposals even though they show with a green checkmark as willing to join the war? I think the regular war invitation system has become mixed up with the federation war vote system somehow, because some broken UI pops up that lets you vote on your own war proposal and then gives you a "vote failed"... but it's not a vote, it's me simply declaring war and asking a supposedly willing AI empire to join it.

Reactions:
Is it a bug that I declare war to make tributary to a weak, far away empire, and do nothing, when it reaches 100% they auto surrender and become my vassals? So I can make vassal everywhere in the galaxy without a war, as long as they are weak and have no defensive pact/federations.

@Obidobi umm don't you guys consider the Single-choice-election-with-a-level-one-candidate-not-from-the-leader-pool a non-issue? Can't see it being adressed in the patchnotes...
I have not had a chance to play the beta branch as I've been involved in other projects, but I thought I remembered a post in the beta thread that it had been fixed. Can someone confirm that? I'm technically at work right now and don't have the time to test it out.

Hi, I've noticed that you dont have the ability to choose the "Encourage Plannetary Growth" decision, on your planets anymore, dunno if its a bug or something.. just wanted to mention that.

• 5Haha
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Sad to see that the Lost Colony origin is still broken for the Deneb system. It's really silly to see a nation that appears in promotional and marketing material and in the game's book not spawn their parent nation. For &*#@'s sake, this feature worked since the game was released and only broke when the Lost Colony origin was added. How did QA miss that this origin broke one of their pre-generated marketing material nations?

For those not aware, prior to 2.7 the default Commonwealth of Man would spawn Earth with the same species traits somewhere in the galaxy. In 2.7, a new feature was added when playing as default UNE where the CoM is spawned. However, if you play as the default CoM then Earth will NOT spawn. In order to get the lost colony feature to work correctly for CoM (you know, the nation that inspired the origin) you need to edit the pre-made nation and change the starting home system to random.

I'd be embarrassed if I were on this dev team. The nation that is the setting for the Stellaris book, the inspiration for the Soldier voice set, has a flag pin in the merch store, appears in half of the Utopia story trailer, is the inspiration for the Lost Colony origin, and is the only empire with additional scripted story content that has worked from version 1.0 to 2.6 has its unique in-game feature (Lost Colony) broken in 2.7 for it and it alone. You guys put in all that effort to implement the Lost Colony origin in a generic way yet still broke the one key feature of your premade example empire you use for marketing and promotional uses when it has been working perfectly fine since the game was first released. You even went so far as to add an event to the premade UNE to expand on the UNE/CoM story but still broke the CoM half.

Yeah CoM and UNE are not working right for me either, and CoM are one of my favorite civs to play simply for the new lost colony origin rival mechanic. If UNE does spawn, it's not as a regular empire. In my last game I started as CoM, I found Sol with the UNE as a primitive empire. Also, when playing as UNE, CoM will spawn as a regular empire, but their homeworld, Unity, will have variable climates. I tested it out in about 5 quick observe games and saw Unity as Savanna, Ocean, and the proper Continental. Seems to spawn Unity's climate at random.

Attachments

• 20200526135141_1.jpg
    20200526135141_1.jpg
    313,4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Yeah CoM is not working right for me either, and they're one of my favorite civs to play simply for the new UNE origin rival mechanic. I think they do spawn, but not as an empire. In my last game I started as CoM, I found Sol with the UNE as a primitive empire. Also, when playing as UNE, CoM will spawn as a legitimate empire, but their homeworld, Unity, will have variable climates. I tested it out in about 5 quick observe games and saw Unity as Savanna, Ocean, and the proper Continental. Seems to spawn Unity's climate at random.

Another thing that STILL hasn't been fixed is the fasces flag under human flags. I was making a custom SPQR Rome civ and figured SURELY this must've been fixed by now, considering I reported it in the bug section like a year ago. But no, it's still not working right. Such a minor thing, too.

View attachment 581921

I noticed that about UNE spawning CoM with a random biome type. While weird, it's plausible that the colony ship arrived in a system that didn't have an Earth-type habitable planet.

Regarding CoM not spawning UNE, this can be repeated through testing. In your case with UNE as a primitive empire, that was just a lucky RNG dice roll that spawned a primitive Earth.

How you can test this, is edit CoM's home system to be anything that is not Sol or Deneb. Turn on observer mode and you'll see UNE spawned as an advanced empire with the normal neighboring stars (Sirius, Alpha Centauri, etc.). Repeat this 5-7 times and you'll get the exact same result every time.

Now, do the same thing with the edited nation but change the home system back to Deneb. You will only see UNE spawn if you got a lucky dice roll. I did this 7 times and did not see Sol spawn in any of them. If you change the home system back to random then UNE will spawn with 3 colonies every time. The Lost Colony origin is broken specifically for the Deneb starting system, aka the starting system that inspired the Lost Colony origin in the first place.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hello everyone!

We're finally done with the verification process of 2.7.2, and in addition to the fixes on the beta branch right now we've added a few more. Thank you for your patience :)

#################################################################
######################### VERSION 2.7.2 ###########################
#################################################################

######################
# Stability & Performance
######################

* Crashfix related to animated GUIs.
* Fixed pops checking factions daily, which was the cause of the performance issues.
* Crashfix for a weird special case when opening the resettlement screen

######################
# AI
######################

* Fixed a bug when AI won't upgrade starbases if already reached max cap for starbases
* The AI is more willing to lower federation centralization if they are the federation president. They now care about if Cohesion and Monthly Cohesion are negative.

######################
# Bugfixes
######################

* Fixed _grey_grey_grey_grey... Text.
* If you pacify space crystals, roaming space crystal fleets will be neutral to you.
* The final results event for the Trade League Join Operation now reliably fires.
* You can no longer select energy or resources you don't have access to through the top bar.
* Removed error spam due to invalid contact location with empires that have no capital. A contact location will now more reliably be found.
* No matter how hard they try, non-psionic pops are now barred from the Telepath job.
* Killing the Tiyanki Matriarch now only displeases the Galactic Community if the Tiyanki Conservation Act has actually passed.
* Tweaked a few snags.
* Dynamic flags should now make Shoulders of Giants Arc Sites "belong" to its respective user.
* Secessionist rebellions can now only happen on a planet if at least one pop has happiness.
* Added colony_event flag - and the removal of it at the end.
* Fixed so that a smaller type of the same threat pops up if it's early in the game.
* Fixed a case where the Great Khan could be both dead and not dead at the same time.
* Fixed so the correct flag gets placed when allowing slaves again, after they’ve been banned by the galactic community.
* Marauders contact project is now removed from the situation log if you manage to contact them through other means.
* Armageddon stance once again create tomb world
* Your anomalies will POP once again!

Save games shouldn't be adversely affected by the switch from 2.7.1 to 2.7.2, but just in case you do encounter issues, you can roll back to a prior version via right click on Stellaris in library -> properties -> betas -> choose the desired version.

If you want to do crossplay MP between Steam and our other release platforms (Plaza/GOG/MS Store), you need to opt in to the crossplay beta "stellaris_test" by the same method.
Few things I'd love to see.

1. planets move in orbit.
2. Ships supply ships random ships traveling in your empire.
3. More story for the Empires and events.
4.more asteroids even comets you can follow study.
5.Better ground combat like tanks

• 2Like
Reactions: