[Dev Team] 2.7.2 Patch Released [checksum 60bf]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I mean, there are other issues waiting to be fixed. Like issue about computing, which is mentioned in the thread I posted yesterday
Sure, but what did you expect? That they choose your personal priority list of issues to fix first?

Welcome to the real world, where fixing stuff is difficult and takes time, and different people have a different opinion on which issue is the more pressing one, and where developers live in a world that only has 24 hours a day - and that includes the night, in case you were wondering...

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Sure, but what did you expect?
Fiction: A new patch V2.7.3 is secretly in the pipeline that will please the "Clean up your mess"-crowd and which is why the team is that silent atm.
Reality: DLC number 12 ( and its update ) is in the pipeline that will most likely displease the "Clean up your mess"-crowd even more and which is why the team is that silent atm.

• 2Haha
Reactions:
Fiction: A new patch V2.7.3 is secretly in the pipeline that will please the "Clean up your mess"-crowd and which is why the team is that silent atm.
Reality: DLC number 12 ( and its update ) is in the pipeline that will most likely displease the "Clean up your mess"-crowd even more and which is why the team is that silent atm.

I'm hoping for 1000 entries long bugfix patch as 2.7.3, similar to what EU4 got almost ~2 weeks ago.

• 2Like
Reactions:
And how long was the waiting time? Over 2 years and 3 months between 1.25 and 1.30.

So, see you 2022. o_O
Optimistic part of me: ~1000 entries long bug fix patch
Realistic part of me: Expecting something that worked and everyone liked it as it is to be reworked.
Pesimistic part of me: Something entirely new and unwanted by players to be implemented.

Reactions:
Ah, so your complaint is fictional too! ;)

Ah, so your complaint is fictional too! ;)
AHAHAHA ... No, I'm just getting used to schizophrenic customers that tend to forget that capitalistic core-values aren't just purely reserved for companies.

I'm hoping for 1000 entries long bugfix patch as 2.7.3, similar to what EU4 got almost ~2 weeks ago.
You won't get that as a z-increment of the x.y.z version numbering scheme :) (I must remember that the colon-D emoji here looks like something bad happened to its brain.)

That would be a y-increment (i.e. 2.8.0), and it would probably be the counterpart to a new feature patch + paid DLC that brings a new set of bugs.

• 1Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I am playing v2.7.2, and I unable to Terraform Mars. It says I need Terrestrial Sculpting to terraform planets. I previously played a game beyond 2330, but I never saw the tech. How do I get the tech?

Can we expect a 2.7.3 that fixes things like AI fleet loops and not colonizing habitats before everyone goes off for their summer vacation?
Was there a confirmation that they are working on a patch 2.7.3? I haven't read it anywhere. I can imagine that they are working on the next major patch 2.8.x.

2.7.x is over 40 days old, it would surprise me (positively) if an bug fix patch is currently being worked on exclusively there.

and it would not be the first time that annoying bugs will be fixed with the next major patch.

Was there a confirmation that you are working on a patch 2.7.3? I haven't read it anywhere. I can imagine that they are working on the next major patch 2.8.x.

2.7.x is over 40 days old, it would surprise me (positively) if an bug fix patch is currently being worked on exclusively there.

and it would not be the first time that annoying bugs will be fixed with the next major patch.

A 2.8 would be even better. However they do it, I just don't want them to disappear for a month with the game in its current state.

Reactions:
Too much lag. Take a huge galaxy, for example, 1,000 stars. We're talking about tasking the engine with tracking tens of thousands of celestial objects and anything else that may be orbiting them, such as stations.

Technically, they'd only have to draw the system you are in. But even if you wanted stuff to be in the "right" position after leaving and coming back, the equations only have to be run in the one system when you arrive.

Reactions: