• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hey. I recently came across this mod and was very impressed, very happy to play with it and try new features. Thanks to everyone who participated in the creation of this mod! I plan to translate it into Russian and develop it.

So far the questions have appeared:

1. I saw that you cannot change the name, but there is an event when a pagan character accepts Catholicism and he is invited to change the name, can this function be used when the new Pope is just elected

2. It is necessary to precisely review the advisers. For example, in the place of the chaplain, there could be a chief inquisitor, he can be sent to any territory professing Catholicism to catch heretics (analogue of the chaplain, only globally), heretic kings can be burned

3. No papal guard existed until January 22, 1506. It is necessary to remove the title and everything related to it, yes, I'm talking about the captain of the papal guard.

4. Abbot / Abbess as options for honorary posts for bishops (must have the characteristic monk / nun for appointment). This should also be added to the name. (Abbot Pedro de Arrupe)

5. To declare claims to the territory, the pope spends much more gold than the secular ruler, this should reduce the possibility of endless expansion by conquest.

6. There are saints. The opportunity to proclaim a saint, if there is the authority of the church and spending a lot of piety. Need to figure out why dad should do this? Maybe for this he will receive an increase in the authority of the church and church influence, but have a long recovery time for action?

7. Apostolic visit. You can spend a lot of gold and visit a particular kingdom, from this the kingdom wins by receiving positive events, and the pope receives an increase in the opinion of all bishops

8. At the moment when the pope died, can you not transfer control to the Holy See? At the time of the conclave, all control will be carried out by the appointed regent, if this was not appointed, then the acting chaplain, if this is not, then any person at court.

9. When you play for the holy see, there is the option "Kill yourself", which can seriously disrupt the work of scripts and choices conclave
Thanks for the interesting thoughts!
  1. I might have a look at it but I'm not sure if it works. The last time I tried to implement it, I managed to get a popup where you can choose a new name, but it only changed the birth name. So I think that the papal names might be somewhat special (possibly hardcoded).
  2. That's not a bad idea. How about an additional council position that is unlocked by a vote to institute the inquisition? (edit: requires interface modding -> so no new councillor)
  3. The papal guard is a vanilla thing added with holy fury.
  4. You mean a minor title that bishops can hand out to their courtiers? The thing is: It doesn't do much...
  5. Claims to which territory?
  6. The saint script is a bit weird. Since the saints are dead, the script needs to do quite a bit of weird things to make it happen. As a player, you cannot interact with dead characters, so it's not possible.
  7. Any ideas for the events?
  8. If I make someone else get control of the papacy, the game will consider him pope, even though he is not. That's why I chose to have a placeholder character - it's still a bit weird but at least it's clear that it is not the pope. Would be great if the game would allow the regent to have some actual control though. Let's hope for CK3 - but I don't think it will either.
  9. Hey, don't play as the holy see. And don't try to kill him either. :)

Last edited:
1. I will try to find this event that changes its name when adopting Christianity as a pagan.

2. Can it simply replace the position of chaplain and create 2-3 inquisitors?

3. Yes, but it can be removed, this is a purely historical moment, I'm a perfectionist in this regard

4. Yes, purely for bishops. I agree that the honorary position in this regard is useless, then it can create an adviser position within the bishoprics, here the fantasy runs far ahead, creating events for bishops and abbots, solving problems of the laity, more events affecting the bishop

5. To any territory for which the Pope makes claims. I would also add a monthly penalty to piety if the war is against the Catholic.

6. And now, if you play with this mod and play for the Pope, then the saints are not appointed at all or the game itself can proclaim them, the same with the Crusades, do they happen randomly according to game scenarios?

7. Yes. I need to think and save thoughts in a document.

8. Do you need a conclave in this case, and this waiting time until the conclave is completed? Maybe you should use the Pope’s vanilla election system? Or is there some kind of interesting mechanism in place? If you want to influence the election of the Pope through this system, then it is possible to replace with modifiers, what do you think? I played for Dad, this is the first thing I did when I launched the mod. When Dad died, it’s very boring to expect a conclave decision

9. As a holy see, I got a game event where the holy throne became crazy and incapable :)

1. I will try to find this event that changes its name when adopting Christianity as a pagan.

2. Can it simply replace the position of chaplain and create 2-3 inquisitors?

3. Yes, but it can be removed, this is a purely historical moment, I'm a perfectionist in this regard

4. Yes, purely for bishops. I agree that the honorary position in this regard is useless, then it can create an adviser position within the bishoprics, here the fantasy runs far ahead, creating events for bishops and abbots, solving problems of the laity, more events affecting the bishop

5. To any territory for which the Pope makes claims. I would also add a monthly penalty to piety if the war is against the Catholic.

6. And now, if you play with this mod and play for the Pope, then the saints are not appointed at all or the game itself can proclaim them, the same with the Crusades, do they happen randomly according to game scenarios?

7. Yes. I need to think and save thoughts in a document.

8. Do you need a conclave in this case, and this waiting time until the conclave is completed? Maybe you should use the Pope’s vanilla election system? Or is there some kind of interesting mechanism in place? If you want to influence the election of the Pope through this system, then it is possible to replace with modifiers, what do you think? I played for Dad, this is the first thing I did when I launched the mod. When Dad died, it’s very boring to expect a conclave decision

9. As a holy see, I got a game event where the holy throne became crazy and incapable :)

2: No, the interface only allows for the 5 slots.
5: I have no idea how to do that.
6: Saints get appointed automatically. The crusades are a big mess - once the crusading era starts, you get access to the crusade CB as the pope which will start the holy fury crusade countdown (localisation for that cb is a bit buggy). The pope cannot join/pledge to join the crusade (ask paradox why). When the pope has the highest participation, weird things can happen. But it's all hard coded, so nothing I can fix.
8: The vanilla election system is sadly hardcoded as well - I can only change the weight of say age, but not the formula itself. So with that its not possible to have a proper election, where you interact with the other cardinals. The waiting time is actually intended - in the real world it took a few years in some instances. What is Dad?
9: Isn't the holy see always incapable?

2. I saw how the AGOT mod uses more than 5 adviser slots
5. I will dig files as finish localization
8. I agree, I will play longer with this, see how it can be improved
9. A game event triggered by the fact that the character is hiding and because of this the Holy See received two traits - crazy and incapable

UPD.

10. Playing for the Pope lacks the opportunity - Defrocking, for example, if the bishop has the trait of an unholy clergyman. Excommunication of such characters from the church does not give any particular effect to direct the bishop on the true path.
11. AI kings are constantly trying to baptize children with the Pope and because of this have a negative budget. This needs to be fixed.
12. Need an option to remove the title of papal legate issued earlier
13. As an idea: some kings may ask the Pope to educate their child if theology is chosen.
14. When a cardinal receives the post of cardinal-dean, this should also change in the prefix

Last edited:
2. I saw how the AGOT mod uses more than 5 adviser slots
5. I will dig files as finish localization
8. I agree, I will play longer with this, see how it can be improved
9. A game event triggered by the fact that the character is hiding and because of this the Holy See received two traits - crazy and incapable

UPD.

10. Playing for the Pope lacks the opportunity - Defrocking, for example, if the bishop has the trait of an unholy clergyman. Excommunication of such characters from the church does not give any particular effect to direct the bishop on the true path.
11. AI kings are constantly trying to baptize children with the Pope and because of this have a negative budget. This needs to be fixed.
12. Need an option to remove the title of papal legate issued earlier
13. As an idea: some kings may ask the Pope to educate their child if theology is chosen.
14. When a cardinal receives the post of cardinal-dean, this should also change in the prefix
Yes, changing the interface is somehow possible if one knows how...
I just updated the mod on steam workshop (v. 5.1) to include a 'Lead the Inquisition' job action. It comes with a single short event, where a random (preferring unpious characters) character from that province is accused of being a heretic and the pope can decide what to do with him. Options are making the sins public, imprisoning him, burning him or doing nothing. For landed characters, the imprisonment/burn action has a success chance of 25% (100% for unlanded). Is a little bit OP (just burn the emperor himself), but who cares (making it more balanced would be much more of an effort...).
The policy 'conversion' has been removed - it was unfinished anyways. Instead there is a 'Inquisition' policy which improves the success rate of this job action and allows cardinals to have their court chaplain lead the inquisition as well.

2020-03-21.png

What about the interface? Why are there still cells behind in the background? Bug?

@Lordy's , I kind of saw them in a folder ... if not, then add, I will check and loading files

15. It is necessary to create an event, if some ruler is fighting against the Gentiles, then he could ask for help from the Pope. (I think only the titles king and emperor)
Decision of the Pope: He could go to war, send money, inspire residents (minus prestige) (positive effect on all territories of the kingdom), or refuse (minus church authority and piety)
Accordingly, for the petitioner, this also cost for prestige and piety. I kind of saw exactly such an event when your friend in wars.

16. I suggest to delete minor title city guard of rome, as I said, no guard existed at that time and this is a worthless title. For the sake of opinion and salary? I am Pope, if I am a pious person, everyone respects me anyway, and salary, what will he spend it on? Won't buy nothing

I appointed the heir to the bishop, the man went to him, and then you know what? He offers me to appoint him a judge of the papal palatinus, but is he mocking me? :) I think the logic of this should be corrected, that the сoadjutor bishop cannot be nominated as a candidate for this title

Papal palatinus is a good title, they suggest appointing characters with a high education, which in turn allows the Pope to advance them as receivers in the necessary areas, and then make them cardinals, it turns out a whole career ladder and it's great!

Last edited:
You're right, I forgot that I did that... Thanks. If you want to quickly fix that on your PC, change the entry in interface/pdp_icons to name = "GFX_PDP_mend_schism".
I won't upload an update just for that single line.:)

17. To accept certain doctrines of the church, add the condition of possessing a certain trait. Let's think about this together

For example, if the doctrine allowing marriage between relatives is adopted, the one who proposes to vote for it should be lascivious, and if there are chaste ones, they always reject such a doctrine, and other lascivious people will most likely agree than refuse.

Very low efficiency of the Inquisition. Yes, you did right that you came up with the Inquisition doctrine, but having a chaplain with 30 points of education, he has 6.24%, although the usual task of the chaplain is to chase apostates with a 100% chance at this level of education. They work the same way, right? The inquisitor sent to another lands searches for Satonists and other heretics in this court?
One inquisitor is clearly not enough, I will study the functions of the interface to expand the advice

I don't know why I have many cardinal deans,more than three.and I am appointed cardinal dean three times.And I don't know what the use of a nephew's privy is, or the appointment mechanism of the Pope's envoys.