• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Maybe I'm just useless. But the options for using the Seigniority over Bishopric CB don't show up, I was made a cardinal and twice when the pope died I wasn't invited to the conclave (and I wasn't imprisoned or otherwise occupied) and someone who also played the mod said something about becoming a dean and that option wasn't available to me either. I do like the idea of the mod. I just would like some clarification on if there's some terrible bug going on or something to that effect. Please help me.

I don't know why I have many cardinal deans,more than three.and I am appointed cardinal dean three times.And I don't know what the use of a nephew's privy is, or the appointment mechanism of the Pope's envoys.
I experienced that bug as well, but I cannot figure out what is causing it. The dean title has a grant_limit of 1, but for some reason the game does not seem to enforce it in all situations. The AI seems to be allowed to grant it as often as it wants.

2020-03-22-6.png

@Lordy's Need to fix clothes for Coadjutor bishop. (Flew to the left)
I don't have this bug...

Maybe I'm just useless. But the options for using the Seigniority over Bishopric CB don't show up, I was made a cardinal and twice when the pope died I wasn't invited to the conclave (and I wasn't imprisoned or otherwise occupied) and someone who also played the mod said something about becoming a dean and that option wasn't available to me either. I do like the idea of the mod. I just would like some clarification on if there's some terrible bug going on or something to that effect. Please help me.
The CB shows up for me. You can only use it against non-theocratic neighbours under the same liege as you, who are not your liege and have at least one bishopric vassal. Was that the case?
Did you get an event that invited you to the conclave and didn't have the option to attend or were you not notified at all? Were you a cardinal when the pope died (if an antipope show up, you can suddenly loose the title)? Also incapable characters cannot attend as well.

Oh and I have an idea that might fix the multiple deans: When a dean is appointed, go through all characters that still have the title and unappoint them. Might work.

@Lordy's Look. Need check
I have reduced the amount of prestige received and salaries for balance.
Added condition on the issuance of the title, if there are certain negative traits in the character
Added a condition that only a Catholic can get a title
Added a condition that only the head of religion can issue a title, in our case only the Pope

Code:
title_PDP_archdeacon = {
    is_high_prio = yes
    dignity = 0.5
    realm_in_name = yes
    show_as_title = yes
    grant_limit = 1
    revoke_allowed = no
    opinion_effect = 10

monthly_salary = 0.10
    monthly_prestige = 0.30
    allowed_to_hold = {
        is_adult = yes
        is_female = no
        religion = catholic
        NOT = { trait = excommunicated }
        custom_tooltip = {
            text = PDP_archdeacon_condition
            has_character_flag = PDP_heir_of_@FROM
        }
    }
    allowed_to_grant = {
        religion = catholic
        controls_religion = yes
        has_landed_title = k_papal_state
    }
    gain_effect = {
        add_trait = cannot_marry
        add_trait = PDP_archdeacon
    }
    lose_effect = {
        remove_trait = PDP_archdeacon
        remove_trait = cannot_marry
    }
    message = yes
}

P.S. At the expense of a mistake with clothes, this is due to another mod, sorry

Last edited:
@Lordy's Look. Need check
I have reduced the amount of prestige received and salaries for balance.
Added condition on the issuance of the title, if there are certain negative traits in the character
Added a condition that only a Catholic can get a title
Added a condition that only the head of religion can issue a title, in our case only the Pope

Code:
title_PDP_archdeacon = {
    is_high_prio = yes
    dignity = 0.5
    realm_in_name = yes
    show_as_title = yes
    grant_limit = 1
    revoke_allowed = no
    opinion_effect = 10

monthly_salary = 0.10
    monthly_prestige = 0.30
    allowed_to_hold = {
        religion = catholic
        is_adult = yes
        is_female = no
        NOT = { trait = incapable }
        NOT = { trait = imbecile }
        NOT = { trait = inbred }
        NOT = { trait = bad_priest_christian }
        NOT = { trait = excommunicated }
        NOT = { trait = heresiarch }
        custom_tooltip = {
            text = PDP_archdeacon_condition
            has_character_flag = PDP_heir_of_@FROM
        }
    }
    allowed_to_grant = {
        religion = catholic
        controls_religion = yes
        government = playable_theocracy_government
        NOT = { has_landed_title = k_papal_state }
    }
    gain_effect = {
        add_trait = cannot_marry
        add_trait = PDP_archdeacon
    }
    lose_effect = {
        remove_trait = PDP_archdeacon
        remove_trait = cannot_marry
    }
    message = yes
}

P.S. At the expense of a mistake with clothes, this is due to another mod, sorry
That won't work. "controls_religion = yes" and "NOT = { has_landed_title = k_papal_state }" are mutually exclusive for catholics. Also, the pope cannot grant minor titles in other realms... It is already the case that you need the consent of your liege or the pope (depending on the investiture law).
I will however add the condition that the character needs to be a non excommunicated catholic. Wonder why it was not there yet.^^

Very low efficiency of the Inquisition. Yes, you did right that you came up with the Inquisition doctrine, but having a chaplain with 30 points of education, he has 6.24%, although the usual task of the chaplain is to chase apostates with a 100% chance at this level of education. They work the same way, right? The inquisitor sent to another lands searches for Satonists and other heretics in this court?
One inquisitor is clearly not enough, I will study the functions of the interface to expand the advice
I added bonus score for you court chaplain having high intrigue as well, this should help. Also being cruel, an impaler and arbitrary are good qualifications for an inquisitioner.
Also, I expanded the Inquisition event into a longer event chain, giving it a bit more flavour. Before punishing the 'heretic', he must be brought to trial. If you want to make sure that he confesses, try torturing him (only available to very cruel rulers). Of course, having evidence (f.e. character is a known witch) helps as well, if you want to see someone punished.
If you are on the receiving end: You didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition. Nobody did.

@Lordy's I removed everything except the condition that the Pope should appoint (+ he should have the title of papal region) and it works, I was able to appoint a Cardinal Dean.
Finished translation, as you added more events, it's cool) now i need to translate again))

P.S. updated code above

@Lordy's I removed everything except the condition that the Pope should appoint (+ he should have the title of papal region) and it works, I was able to appoint a Cardinal Dean.
Finished translation, as you added more events, it's cool) now i need to translate again))

P.S. updated code above
That's because you did not change the cardinal dean title (which you can find in religious_titles). You changed the archdeacon title - a minor title which should not be available to the pope.

@Lordy's Problem. I have watched the AI cardinals for more than 200 game years with the active doctrine of the Inquisition, not one of them has ever used the chaplain's action to "search for heretics." Moreover, if the cardinal is an ordinary bishop, then he does not have courtiers at all and they do not spawn, which means he will never be able to carry out the Inquisition.

@Lordy's Problem. I have watched the AI cardinals for more than 200 game years with the active doctrine of the Inquisition, not one of them has ever used the chaplain's action to "search for heretics." Moreover, if the cardinal is an ordinary bishop, then he does not have courtiers at all and they do not spawn, which means he will never be able to carry out the Inquisition.
I don't know how to make the AI more likely to use it (or use it at all). I don't even believe that it is possible at all. Also, baron level bishops not having courtiers is yet another vanilla thing (they won't even fix it in CK3, apparently). While Ck2 is relatively moddable, this whole theocracy government thing is unfortunately already right at the edge of barely being possible.
So what kind of reforms can we enact besides close kin marriage? And about the guaranteed sainthood, it'll be only granted after death, right? (I'm kinda planning on a "silly" playthrough where I try to get a demonspawn to the holy see and have him get the immortality chain).
Close marriage: Allows all kinds of close marriages (psc, bs)
Divine Blood: Extension of close marriage, also enables 2 consorts.
Raiding: Allows looting, prestige loss when at peace, seafaring.
If you want to pass these reforms, you must ensure that the cardinals are very very corrupted and that they like you (much better if they are you friend, lover or obedient). Influencing the elections helps a little as well. The following personalities are more likely to pass the reforms:
Close Marriage & Divine Blood (hard to get passed)
  • Positive: Lunatic (of course they like it), have a lover who is their close relative (good luck finding such a bishop, maybe appoint your siblings and seduce them...), bad priests, seducers, inbred, lustful/hedonist (only a little)
  • Negative: Everyone else, especially if zealous, chaste, celibate.
Raiding (relatively easy to get passed):
  • Positive: Strategists, Holy Warriors, Vikings (so you must convert a viking to be catholic, make him bishop and then make him cardinal...), brave, (zealous & wroth).
  • Negative: Weak, Just, Kind, bad at martial
Yes, the guaranteed sainthood for mending the schism is only after you die. Might take some time as well.

@DariusAngel , @OLD FORCE force : Are other mods installed, which ones? What version of the game is used?
Thank you for your reply. The mods I have installed are A Game of Thrones, A Game of Thrones Portrait Replacer, Ck2 Plus, Chivalric Societies, Divine Intervention, Medieval Music Complete, Mythos for Ck2+, Rich Childhood and Rise to Power. However I only had Playable Theocracies and Medieval Music Complete active when I started playing. Also I'm using version 3.3.2. I should add that the very first time I tried playing the Seignority CB showed up just once, but then I started a new game and it disappeared. Also the invitation to Rome didn't show up at all.

It is necessary to implement the action for the Pope. If the clergyman has the trait - bad_priest_christian, then the action is available - Defrocking. According to the script, the clergyman is replaced by another, and the one who has lost his rank is located in the courtyard of the new bishop and receives an additional trait - excommunicated .
To activate the action, the Pope pay piety, here the cost must be registered depending on what title the bishop had, the more influential a member of the church is, the more the Pope will lose piety.

The action for the cardinal is (EVTDESCPDP.81), it is necessary to redo it from the action to the solutions, there is a choice whether to be or not to be and nothing else, I think it would be more convenient to do this in the solution interface

Thank you for your reply. The mods I have installed are A Game of Thrones, A Game of Thrones Portrait Replacer, Ck2 Plus, Chivalric Societies, Divine Intervention, Medieval Music Complete, Mythos for Ck2+, Rich Childhood and Rise to Power. However I only had Playable Theocracies and Medieval Music Complete active when I started playing. Also I'm using version 3.3.2. I should add that the very first time I tried playing the Seignority CB showed up just once, but then I started a new game and it disappeared. Also the invitation to Rome didn't show up at all.
Which character did you play as? Was it the same one both times? Also, try using 'charinfo' in the console: Does your character have any flags starting with PDP_? Which ones?

@Lordy's Errors from error.log file

Code:
[portraittype.cpp:157]: No effect file defined for portrait type 'PORTRAIT_PDP_archdeacon_clothing_male'
[portraittype.cpp:157]: No effect file defined for portrait type 'PORTRAIT_PDP_bishop_clothing_male'
[portraittype.cpp:157]: No effect file defined for portrait type 'PORTRAIT_PDP_pope_clothing_male'
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Undefined modifier type! token: monthly_piety, near line: 4" in file: "common/event_modifiers/PDP_event_modifiers.txt"
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Undefined modifier type! token: monthly_piety, near line: 10" in file: "common/event_modifiers/PDP_event_modifiers.txt"
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Undefined modifier type! token: monthly_piety, near line: 29" in file: "common/event_modifiers/PDP_event_modifiers.txt"
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Undefined modifier type! token: 0.2, near line: 15" in file: "common/event_modifiers/PDP_offmap_modifier.txt"
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Undefined modifier type! token: =, near line: 15" in file: "common/event_modifiers/PDP_offmap_modifier.txt"
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Undefined modifier type! token: 0.1, near line: 16" in file: "common/event_modifiers/PDP_offmap_modifier.txt"
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Undefined modifier type! token: =, near line: 16" in file: "common/event_modifiers/PDP_offmap_modifier.txt"
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Malformed token: ROOT, near line: 2515" in file: "events/PDP_events.txt"
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Unexpected token: random, near line: 3836" in file: "events/PDP_events.txt"
[eventmanager.cpp:266]: Corrupt Event Table Entry - } in events/PDP_events.txt, Line: 3857
[eventmanager.cpp:266]: Corrupt Event Table Entry - = in events/PDP_events.txt, Line: 3857
[eventmanager.cpp:266]: Corrupt Event Table Entry - id in events/PDP_events.txt, Line: 3858
[eventmanager.cpp:266]: Corrupt Event Table Entry - desc in events/PDP_events.txt, Line: 3859
[eventmanager.cpp:266]: Corrupt Event Table Entry - is_triggered_only in events/PDP_events.txt, Line: 3860
[eventmanager.cpp:266]: Corrupt Event Table Entry - hide_new in events/PDP_events.txt, Line: 3861
[eventmanager.cpp:266]: Corrupt Event Table Entry - picture in events/PDP_events.txt, Line: 3862
[eventmanager.cpp:266]: Corrupt Event Table Entry - option in events/PDP_events.txt, Line: 3863
[eventmanager.cpp:266]: Corrupt Event Table Entry - name in events/PDP_events.txt, Line: 3864
[eventmanager.cpp:266]: Corrupt Event Table Entry - } in events/PDP_events.txt, Line: 3866

@Lordy's Errors from error.log file

Code:
[portraittype.cpp:157]: No effect file defined for portrait type 'PORTRAIT_PDP_archdeacon_clothing_male'
[portraittype.cpp:157]: No effect file defined for portrait type 'PORTRAIT_PDP_bishop_clothing_male'
[portraittype.cpp:157]: No effect file defined for portrait type 'PORTRAIT_PDP_pope_clothing_male'
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Undefined modifier type! token: monthly_piety, near line: 4" in file: "common/event_modifiers/PDP_event_modifiers.txt"
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Undefined modifier type! token: monthly_piety, near line: 10" in file: "common/event_modifiers/PDP_event_modifiers.txt"
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Undefined modifier type! token: monthly_piety, near line: 29" in file: "common/event_modifiers/PDP_event_modifiers.txt"
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Undefined modifier type! token: 0.2, near line: 15" in file: "common/event_modifiers/PDP_offmap_modifier.txt"
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Undefined modifier type! token: =, near line: 15" in file: "common/event_modifiers/PDP_offmap_modifier.txt"
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Undefined modifier type! token: 0.1, near line: 16" in file: "common/event_modifiers/PDP_offmap_modifier.txt"
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Undefined modifier type! token: =, near line: 16" in file: "common/event_modifiers/PDP_offmap_modifier.txt"
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Malformed token: ROOT, near line: 2515" in file: "events/PDP_events.txt"
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Unexpected token: random, near line: 3836" in file: "events/PDP_events.txt"
[eventmanager.cpp:266]: Corrupt Event Table Entry - } in events/PDP_events.txt, Line: 3857
[eventmanager.cpp:266]: Corrupt Event Table Entry - = in events/PDP_events.txt, Line: 3857
[eventmanager.cpp:266]: Corrupt Event Table Entry - id in events/PDP_events.txt, Line: 3858
[eventmanager.cpp:266]: Corrupt Event Table Entry - desc in events/PDP_events.txt, Line: 3859
[eventmanager.cpp:266]: Corrupt Event Table Entry - is_triggered_only in events/PDP_events.txt, Line: 3860
[eventmanager.cpp:266]: Corrupt Event Table Entry - hide_new in events/PDP_events.txt, Line: 3861
[eventmanager.cpp:266]: Corrupt Event Table Entry - picture in events/PDP_events.txt, Line: 3862
[eventmanager.cpp:266]: Corrupt Event Table Entry - option in events/PDP_events.txt, Line: 3863
[eventmanager.cpp:266]: Corrupt Event Table Entry - name in events/PDP_events.txt, Line: 3864
[eventmanager.cpp:266]: Corrupt Event Table Entry - } in events/PDP_events.txt, Line: 3866
Updated the mod on steam. Maybe adding the effect file fixes your bug?
I don't use discord.