• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

CurryHodac

Recruit
6 Badges
Oct 11, 2013
  • For The Glory
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • War of the Roses
Hi, for the past few years I've lurked on this subforum as I play FtG on/off and I was wondering if it was possible to rescript core provinces to be automatically obtained after X amount of years owned by a country (ex. England getting cores on its French provinces if it's able to keep them). It feels strange that countries like the Ottomans have cores on the provinces they conquered historically but if a country ahistorically conquers a province then it just never gets to core them. I personally manually go into the game files and apply a 100-year rule to my national cores, but it gets quite old and I only update it about every 50 in-game years.

The Ottomans (and some others) get historical cores not simply for having conquered them historically, but to steer them to try to conquer them ingame.
Having one of the 3 cores makes a country more likely to go to war to obtain that core.

If you do not like how it is done in vanilla FtG then look at AGCEEP where the Ottomans gain their cores in multiple steps.

MichaelM already created something similar mechanically when he programmed the claimcores (cores that turn to full cores only after a time set in settings.txt, currently 30 years).
A country could have or gain claimcores and gain full cores on the provinces only after having owned and controlled them for 30 years.

For gaining claimcores for a province that a country has conquered and held for a set amount of time you could write events to hand out cores or claimcores to the owner of a province who has no core but controlled the province for 100 years.

You find the possible commands and triggers for events here:

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...mands-and-triggers-list.459110/#post-10731874

This was a sample event written by Third Angel
Code:
event = {
    id = XXX
    trigger = {
        controlchange = { province = x years = 100 }
    }
    random = no
    country = AAA

name = ""
    desc = ""

date = { day =  month = year = }
    offset =
    deathdate = { day = month = year = }

action = {
        name = ""
        command = { type = addcore_national which = x }
    }
}

If I want the event to fire every time /any/ province reaches 100 years of ownership, what should I have in place of "x" in province = x? Is x a valid value?

This was a sample event written by Third Angel
Code:
event = {
    id = XXX
    trigger = {
    }
    random = no
    country = AAA

name = ""
    desc = ""

date = { day =  month = year = }
    offset =

action = {
        name = ""
    }
}

If I want the event to fire every time /any/ province reaches 100 years of ownership, what should I have in place of "x" in province = x? Is x a valid value?

You find the working commands and triggers and their conditions described in this thread
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/commands-and-triggers-list.459110/
and in this pdf
https://forumcontent.paradoxplaza.com/public/29729/ftg_event_help.pdf

When you use a country trigger then you would have to write events for each and every country to make it work for every state (that is unless you plan to make it work only for the one country you play). If you go for provincespecific events you would need a persistent (so that it may trigger more than once, because another state might conquer the province) event for every province.

For better realism I suggest using the mechanic that MichaelM in part already provided - use addcore_claim instead of addcore_national to simulate the 30 years of gaining slowly more control over the province. After 30 years of owning and controlling the province the claimcore will turn into a full(=national)core.
So instead of 100 years having no core and then suddenly having a full national core increasing manpower and taxes better have a claimcore added after 70 years that may turn into a national core after additional 30 years (but only if the country keeps controlling the province).

Another important point that came to my mind.

When we assume the event you got from ThirdAngel:

event = {
id = XXX
trigger = {
}
random = no
country = AAA

name = ""
desc = ""

date = { day = month = year = }
offset =

action = {
name = ""
}
}

Problems with the event written that way:
1) It is not random - that means it will fire only once and only for the country you specify. So if another country conquers the same provinces - nothing.
2) What about the core provinces you start with? The event does not check if you already have a core but the event should not fire for those or again for the same province if you already got a core.
3) You go from having no claim at all to a full nationalcore which is unrealistic and since FtG unnecessary - use a claimcore instead which turns into a full core after 30 years. So instead of 100 years --> full core you have 70 years --> claimcore and another 30 years --> full core

event = {
id = XXX
trigger = {
controlchange = { province = -1 years = 100](color]70 } # -1 = random province
NOT = { core_national = { province = -3 data = AAA } #-3 = same province as used before
}
random = no
country = AAA

name = ""
desc = ""

date = { day = month = year = }
offset =

action = {
name = ""
command = { type = addcore_nationalclaim which = -3 }
}