• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Tarengan

Private
42 Badges
Jul 13, 2012
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Magicka 2
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Sengoku
  • March of the Eagles
  • Magicka
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Divine Wind
  • King Arthur II
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Knights of Honor
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Cities: Skylines
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find any answers with the searchbar.

Is there a reason why so many historical bloodlines are missing? Some, like Dyre the Stranger and Caradog, simply aren't there and others are extinct when in vanilla they still existed (Sassanid one comes to mind.

pretty sure the Blood of Sasan is there.

I think he means the fact that it's an extinct bloodline in all playable starts. I think I've talked with the team about something similar, and the reason is that basically their claimed descendants were probably making shit up.

Certain bloodlines have been removed, simply due to the fact that we consider them bloat. We have taken a look at bloodlines and evaluated if we thought Paradox were actually right in making them bloodlines in the first place.

Other bloodlines have then been added that we thought Paradox were wrong in not making bloodlines, like the Knytling bloodline

Certain bloodlines have been removed, simply due to the fact that we consider them bloat. We have taken a look at bloodlines and evaluated if we thought Paradox were actually right in making them bloodlines in the first place.

Other bloodlines have then been added that we thought Paradox were wrong in not making bloodlines, like the Knytling bloodline
Is there a list of all bloodlines in HIP somewhere, preferably ones in use? I'd be very interested in perusing it for interesting characters to play.

Some, like Dyre the Stranger and Caradog, simply aren't there and others are extinct when in vanilla they still existed (Sassanid one comes to mind.
I wasn't in the discussion with regard to the Caratacus bloodline, but I can answer the remaining 2 there: compared to other semi-mythical figures like Rurik, Dyre the Stranger has no comparable historical support to warrant his own bloodline. He wasn't revered as a progenitor like Rurik was. If anything, the Dyre bloodline seems like yet another attempt by Paradox to give him staying power by giving him extra opinion boost from Slavic pagans, on top of his Genius and Grey Eminence traits.

As for the Sasanian bloodline, during the CK2 period the lineage became a staple lineage that many dynasties claiming pre-Islamic prominence added to their lineage. The Bavandids are a good example of this, whose Sasanian lineage appears in later genealogical works. I gave them their own bloodline instead, so as to note their prominence among the Daylamites.

Is there a list of all bloodlines in HIP somewhere, preferably ones in use? I'd be very interested in perusing it for interesting characters to play.
There's no list, but you can take a look at the bloodline files found in HIP folder\common\bloodlines.

I noticed that Caradog's bloodline wasn't in the mod. I guess it's because he's one of the most egregious of the "exaggerated" bloodlines (somehow I doubt that the Welsh were actually descendant from a guy who fought the Romans in the first century AD).

A somehow list can be found ingame when opening the ledger.

It would be nice to have an option in the game rules though, at least, before content is entirely disabled. :/ They may be stretching historicity, but really "clutter" of this sort doesn't really hurt the game in any way, does it?