Launching the new launcher! (Coming with 1.29 Manchu)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm running it on macOS, and when I launch the game directly all DLCs are disabled, even though I own them all. The launcher complains that I'm not running Steam, which I am. So, apparently neither the game nor the launcher can detect that I have steam running.

Everyone getting the issue with errors referencing a 'missing executable' please try to launch the game directly via the .exe in the EU4 directory. The issue is being worked on - thank you very much for you patience in the mean time.

I tried to launch the game directly via the .exe in the EU4 directory and it works but my DLCs aren't available (listed as not owned). So I can't play with RNW. Windows 10 Home 1809

Like every other Paradox Launcher, it doesn't work properly on Linux and means that I can no longer play EU4.

Just like I can't play Imperator.

Good job guys.

If there's any other of the games I've bought off you that you're planning on breaking in the future then any chance of some warning beforehand?

Reactions:
Also:

The default settings enable all DLCs you own. If you want to disable specific DLCs or enable Mods without using the launcher you will have to edit the file "dlc_load.json", usually located in "C:\Users\your_username\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis IV" (Windows), "~/.local/share/Paradox Interactive/Europa Universalis IV" (Linux) or "~/Documents/Paradox Interactive/Europa Universalis IV" (macOS).
To disable DLCs, add them to the "disabled_dlcs" list, to enable mods add them to the "enabled_mods" list.

"dlc_load.json" Example:
{
"disabled_dlcs":["dlc/dlc065_fredmans_midsummer_epistles/dlc065.dlc","dlc/dlc052_sabaton_soundtrack/dlc052.dlc"],
"enabled_mods":["mod/ugc_1792575623.mod"]
}

You seriously want me to start editing a JSON file in order to play the game with mods? Are you actually serious right now?

Is it possible for you to make ANY release at all since Stellaris that isn't immediately broken? Just one will do. On any game. Any of them.

Your QA department is a joke and the years worth of goodwill you've built up in the community is completely disappearing. Imperator was my last purchase of a Paradox game/DLC and until I've got some sort of message that you can actually produce saleable products then it will be my last. And I've bought everything since EU3.

Reactions:
Also:

You seriously want me to start editing a JSON file in order to play the game with mods? Are you actually serious right now?

Is it possible for you to make ANY release at all since Stellaris that isn't immediately broken? Just one will do. On any game. Any of them.

Your QA department is a joke and the years worth of goodwill you've built up in the community is completely disappearing. Imperator was my last purchase of a Paradox game/DLC and until I've got some sort of message that you can actually produce saleable products then it will be my last. And I've bought everything since EU3.
I'm with you on this one. And I've bought everything since EU1.

Reactions:
Why have workshop mods been changed to .bin files? Now i cant edit or interact with them at all. I often need to edit files to make various mods compatible for myself but now i can't change anything at all. Not to mention none of the damn files have names anymore, this is an awful change.

Ah i can open them with Winrar, not AS bad as i thought. Still, it's extremely inconvenient.

Last edited:
MacOS problem

This error happened on my iMac as others mentioned. I noticed your program is looking for a file call dowser.exe. However I don't think a Mac computer can run .exe files. You should edit the executable files to Unix executable but not .exe files for windows. This will not happen for windows users. Please fixed this problem for Mac and linux users. Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_1996.jpeg
    IMG_1996.jpeg
    2,7 MB · Views: 39
Why have workshop mods been changed to .bin files? Now i cant edit or interact with them at all. I often need to edit files to make various mods compatible for myself but now i can't change anything at all. Not to mention none of the damn files have names anymore, this is an awful change.
you and i are on the same boat, no idea how no one working on the launcher even thought of this, not to mention now we scroll twice as much to see all mods and dlc.

Ahhh, game crashes when I enable any mod. Don't want to complain but it's just too "splendid!"
To be clear - is this after you followed the troubleshooting steps outlined in the original posts? Sorry you have having issues.

Also worth noting that before they are updated many mods may not work - as is normal for an update.

To be clear - is this after you followed the troubleshooting steps outlined in the original posts? Sorry you have having issues.

Also worth noting that before they are updated many mods may not work - as is normal for an update.
Yeah, I followed these steps. It's ok, I can wait, I can play without that "fast universalis" mod. Generally, I like that new launcher to be honest.

I wonder if I could get an answer as to how to get local mods working when they point to somewhere outside of the mod folder? I have the path: path="..\Modding\MarsUniversalis" and it simply doesn't appear in the launcher.

I wonder if I could get an answer as to how to get local mods working when they point to somewhere outside of the mod folder? I have the path: path="..\Modding\MarsUniversalis" and it simply doesn't appear in the launcher.

Asked quickly one of the techy people, the new launcher requires an absolute path so you can't do relative like that.