Elimination of 40% of game lags for all PCs. There is a solution!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Mr Respectfully Diasgree,

I was not aware that you knew better than I did how both my mod and had's mod works, regardless of the fact myself and had consult semi-regularly on projects, that I wrote EDAI and that I examined had's mod only five minutes ago to confirm it had not changed.

Thanks for pointing out my terrible mistake.

Not sure Google correctly translated your answer.

It seemed to me that I offended you with something.

If so, then I apologize.

I just want to draw the attention of users of Paradox Plaza to this problem:

1) Which is easier to solve than creating a new Story Pack (maybe)

2) Most users have this problem.

Just a point of clarification: had's mod doesn't do anything EDAI doesn't already do. He came to the same conclusions I was already implementing in AlphaMod (and Stay Down Pit), which were later included in EDAI.

Yes, had's mod the OP is pimping will provide the performance improvement, sans all the other stuff EDAI does, like make AIs not tank their economies in early-game.

Choice. It's a good thing.

Sorry to be noob, but a search for "stellaris edai" doesn't turn up anything. Can you please point me to the mod you're talking about?

This is hilarious, I halfway expected such a comment. I clicked the red button because I didn't like your unwarrented saltiness, and here you are, bringing another truckload.

If you feel that the intended matter-of-factness was in fact saltiness, I apologise. It was intended to be matter-of-fact. I have a lot of respect for had, and was not trying to be disparaging of his work. My comment about choice was genuine, not meant sarcastically.

Can you give me this save so I can test it for myself?

Which version? What are the mods?

I've attached my save.

Mods are all aesthetic / don't break Ironman:

1. Endless Space 2 OST
2. Flags : Emblems & Backgrounds
3. Interstellar Music Mod
4. Music Pack
5. Stellaris Music Expansion Pack
6. UI Overhaul 1080p Plus

That's it. I ran it first without the "30% faster (maybe)" mod and then with it.

Attachments

• ironman.sav
    1,4 MB · Views: 8
If people didn't pitch a fit over seeing an "X" on their post, this wouldn't happen.
Well, FWIW, I thought those "x"s were kinda douchebaggy myself. Didn't post about it because I thought the thread had moved on.

I'm still using EDAI here but I'll give this one a look as well to see how it compares.
Ran this for a year without the mod and with the mod in my end-game ironman save with 10,000 pops in the galaxy.

1 year without the mod: 1 minute, 59 seconds, 59 ms.

1 year with the mod: 1 minute, 58 seconds, 44 ms.

Almost no change for me, not sure why though.

Was your "without the mod" test still using EDAI, or was it without any mod at all?

I like that google translates mod into fashion. I guess the Russian word is similar to the German (Mode).

Heh, yeah. :) According to Google Translate "fashion" is "мода" in Russian and means "fashion, mode, vogue, style, craze, rage."

It makes sense. In Swedish it's "mode," same in French, "moda" in Spanish. Seems to be fairly similar in many languages, and very close to "mod." :)

It was said that it's an easy fix. However you're "just" removing a bunch of Pops ontop of changing weights; severely altering how the Pop system works (outright removing Unemployed).
I am not belittling that work, but I am sure you can see why PDX has not implemented that "fix" (I call it band-aid or workaround).

It was said that it's an easy fix. However you're "just" removing a bunch of Pops ontop of changing weights; severely altering how the Pop system works (outright removing Unemployed).
I am not belittling that work, but I am sure you can see why PDX has not implemented that "fix" (I call it band-aid or workaround).

That's where there's a divide on how to deal with incompetent AI.
You can either make you're AI as good as you can at reacting to situations presented. This the Ideal solution but suffers flaws such as taking more resources and is more difficult to code.
or
you can hard code methods and advantages to make the AI seem better as it already has a list of solutions and cheats to help it do thing, however once the player knows these as well it can be easy to exploit and not be very challenging. This can also take a lot of time to program but not be that difficult.

Obviously the first is better but is really difficult to achieve to a good standard and until it is reached it's really down to the player's opinion on what they prefer

had's mod doesn't remove pops and does not eliminate unemployment. Once number of pops > number of jobs, you still get unemployment.

EDAI does remove pops - in late-game, on highly populated planets, when unemployed are just adding to the load for weight evaluation (and hard-coded processing of pops), or when an AI's economy is tanked to the point where only removing pops might recover it.

band-aid or workaround, it helps with end-game performance issues (a little) and helps AIs keep competing just a little bit longer. It's a fix, and a good one.

had's mod doesn't remove pops. EDAI does - in late-game, on highly populated planets, when unemployed are just adding to the load for weight evaluation (and hard-coded processing of pops), or when an AI's economy is tanked to the point where only removing pops might recover it.

band-aid or workaround, it helps with end-game performance issues (a little) and helps AIs keep competing just a little bit longer. It's a fix, and a good one.
As I said, don't take my post as belittling.
My point was to tell OP WHY PDX would not add your or his workarounds as fixes.

It was suggested some time ago that a galactic plague would be a good answer to late game lag, by removing the excess pops. But a better job management seems to do just fine.

Last edited:
Ok so in my game where 265 years have passed and planets seems to have like average 80 pops on planet, this actually sped up time flow by twice. Interesting. Further testing will be in progress cos i missed playing long late game games.
About pop removal - play freaking purifier and do it yourself. You can annihilate worlds but dont have to settle on them tbh. I had a game with 3 genocidals and game was smooth for 250 years cuz of that yay x'D

Status
Not open for further replies.