[Mod] Cybrxkhan’s Assortment of Namelists for Stellaris - Fantasy, Real-World Inspired, & More!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I guess Cyb is busy? Well, enjoy your weekend!

Oh whoops I thought I responded but I forgot DX

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....979/31B242E09186B375DEB403A5B880F8AE28D356C3/

Notice Rifu.

Yes. I'm using mods, but mods should not interfere with namelists.

Hmm that's weird.... I'm honestly not sure how that's supposed to happen. I looked it up and the name is from my revamped Human namelists. I'm guessing you don't have two separate species there or anything of that sort. I haven't noticed anything like that in my games, but I'll keep an eye on it.

It seems this is the only namelist with which it happens

Also it seems to be random, right now in a new playthrough any new recruited scientists are named Yndan, Limathur, Falatir, Rhass..but its only with new recruits.

It seems this is the only namelist with which it happens

Also it seems to be random, right now in a new playthrough any new recruited scientists are named Yndan, Limathur, Falatir, Rhass..but its only with new recruits.

Hmm. That's weird, I honestly dunno why that'd be happening and I've never seen that kind of behavior myself. Those names are also from vanilla namelists, btw.

I really love this mod, but do you plan on adding unique army names for all the namelists?

I don't mean to be picky or rude but it tends to get monotonous (for lack of a better word) when you see a lot of empires with the same army unit names.

I really love this mod, but do you plan on adding unique army names for all the namelists?

I don't mean to be picky or rude but it tends to get monotonous (for lack of a better word) when you see a lot of empires with the same army unit names.

I can if there's any in particular you're interested in or feel could use some more... uh... flavor. A lot of my earlier namelists didn't have unique army names because I guess I didn't realize it was a thing, so any you want to see be more flavorful I'll see what I can do.

I can if there's any in particular you're interested in or feel could use some more... uh... flavor. A lot of my earlier namelists didn't have unique army names because I guess I didn't realize it was a thing, so any you want to see be more flavorful I'll see what I can do.

Sweet!

I'm mainly looking at Fantasy Indian, Fantasy Hawaiian, Fantasy German, all three Fantasy Roman namelists, the Khajiit and Dragon namelists, Fantasy 4, and....well that's mainly it. It seems that the others have some good army names actually. Those I mentioned are the ones I mainly use.

But like the previous poster said, you don't have to do them if you don't want to.

I agree with the army list thing. It'd be really cool. You don't have to if you don't want to, I just think it'd add more immersion, thats all.

Sweet!

I'm mainly looking at Fantasy Indian, Fantasy Hawaiian, Fantasy German, all three Fantasy Roman namelists, the Khajiit and Dragon namelists, Fantasy 4, and....well that's mainly it. It seems that the others have some good army names actually. Those I mentioned are the ones I mainly use.

But like the previous poster said, you don't have to do them if you don't want to.

Some of those I should be able to throw in some more specific army names, it's relatively easy to add so it's more a matter of identifying which namelists need them. With 139 namelists and counting I kinda don't remember which ones are which lol .

Cyb? Try your name-lists, and then get the flesh is weak ascension perk..complete the situation log thing. and then recruit leaders, ..I think the "Ultra-Race, Post Race," Ect, thing is causing the namelist to change.

Cyb? Try your name-lists, and then get the flesh is weak ascension perk..complete the situation log thing. and then recruit leaders, ..I think the "Ultra-Race, Post Race," Ect, thing is causing the namelist to change.

My mod's code doesn't touch anything related to ascension or the events around synathetics or anything like that, so it's most likely a vanilla bug of sorts. I honestly can't think of anything in the namelist code (which is fairly simple) that relates to stuff about synthetic ascension. I found this bug report for 1.5.0, I'm guessing yours is a similar situation: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...hen-changing-to-cyborg.1010689/#post-22639147

VERSION 1.4.1 IS UP - DOWNLOAD ON THE STEAM WORKSHOP HERE!

You guys should know the drill by now. Nothing much new, so enjoy.

Manual download in first post of course as usual.

Changelog for Version 1.4.1:

• Added new namelist: Khitan
  • Added new species name for randomly spawned AI Empires using the vanilla Fungoid namelists
  • Added in new army names for the following namelists: Indian, German, Roman, Roman 3, Fantasy 4, Apostrophe 3, Fantasy 1, Egyptian 1, Egyptian 2, Navajo, Sioux, Malian, Celtic
  • Added Hausa names to CANS’ human namelists
  • Fixed localisation issue where localisation wasn’t adapted to vanilla changes to localisation code in Banks
  • Fixed Abstract 2 namelist having no regnal first names

A modest proposal, if you feel so inclined: your human namelist is an impressive piece of work. Perhaps it might be worth whipping up some namelists that use all the human leader names you have, but have different "themes" for ship names, armies, and planets?

I was just playing a human-dominated game where most of the civs were lost colonies from Earth (a la the Commonwealth), and I was thinking how nice it'd be to have a corporate or cyberpunk themed human namelist for the Fanatic Materialist megacorporation. (I actually ended up using the Asian-American namelist. It worked quite well for them, all things considered.)

Last edited:
There's no Corporate namelist. I can play a space-bastard space-megacorp that wants to monopolize the entire galaxy, but I can't have Middle Management-class corvettes and Henry Ford-class battleships. :cry:

Here's a suggestion for some more namelists:

Lizardfolk

Kobolds

Namelists for silicoids, crystal people, etc.

Yeah yeah I know we don't have any such races yet but nothing wrong with being prepared right?

More Plantoid namelists with special army names (like they do in the vanilla namelists)!

Spartan namelists! And no not the ones from Halo! Had to kill Master Chief jokes before they started.

More Insectoid namelists

Australian Aborigines (we need space kangaroos!)

More reptilian namelists

More Avian namelists

Namelists that have a certain melodic tone to them

That's all I can think of at the moment.

A modest proposal, if you feel so inclined: your human namelist is an impressive piece of work. Perhaps it might be worth whipping up some namelists that use all the human leader names you have, but have different "themes" for ship names, armies, and planets?

I was just playing a human-dominated game where most of the civs were lost colonies from Earth (a la the Commonwealth), and I was thinking how nice it'd be to have a corporate or cyberpunk themed human namelist for the Fanatic Materialist megacorporation. (I actually ended up using the Asian-American namelist. It worked quite well for them, all things considered.)

The Asian-American namelist was really just something for myself (given that I'm one) but I'm glad you could make some use of it. I actually like the idea of having human namelists with different themes for ship names/armies/planets - some folks have requested I do different human namelists for different alt history settings, but I've never considered having different futuristic themes per se. I'll see if I can come up with anything.

There's no Corporate namelist. I can play a space-bastard space-megacorp that wants to monopolize the entire galaxy, but I can't have Middle Management-class corvettes and Henry Ford-class battleships. :cry:

I can put that on my to-do list as suggested above. Trouble will be coming up with good names that fit, or finding a random name generator that'd work, but I'm sure I might be able to find something.

Here's a suggestion for some more namelists:

Lizardfolk

Kobolds

Namelists for silicoids, crystal people, etc.

Yeah yeah I know we don't have any such races yet but nothing wrong with being prepared right?

More Plantoid namelists with special army names (like they do in the vanilla namelists)!

Spartan namelists! And no not the ones from Halo! Had to kill Master Chief jokes before they started.

More Insectoid namelists

Australian Aborigines (we need space kangaroos!)

More reptilian namelists

More Avian namelists

Namelists that have a certain melodic tone to them

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Some of those are on my to-do list, actually, especially having more namelists similar to vanilla phenotypes. Kobolds actually are on my immediate to-do list for the next or after next update, since I discovered one of the name generators I used recently added a kobold name generator, so that should be of use.

Cool!

Btw, since you've done a lot of namelists, is there any way to set it up so that when a name is generated, a leader has three parts to their name: a first name, a family name, and then a clan name.

I posted this question on the Quick Questions thread and someone answered with this:

It's a little awkward, but I was able to approximate this for my Roman namelist by making a long list of last names that were various combinations of cognomen and gens (in your case, family name and clan name, combined with quotation marks).

While this is indeed useful, I have it set up so that the leader's clan name is followed by d', since in that species's language, d' means 'of'.

I'm not sure if you've done anything like this before and I apologize for asking this in your thread, but I was just seeing if you've figured a way to resolve this problem while you were doing your namelists.

I can put that on my to-do list as suggested above. Trouble will be coming up with good names that fit, or finding a random name generator that'd work, but I'm sure I might be able to find something.

Depending on how granular the namelists can get (esp. ship types), you could go with companies (ex. Nanotrasen, Weyland-Yutani, Standard Oil), business concepts (Initial Public Offering, Aggressive Buyout, Customer Relations), notable billionaires/capitalists (Rockefeller, Krupp). Here, fortune 500 list.