• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
'So I misspeak one word over multiple long speeches, a word that can easily be misheard by others that just happened to show the difference between males and females, to an Assembly that is overwhelmingly male, and it is equal to calling the savage Inca an empire and saying that they have cities, which implies that they are civilized?'

'And about Morgan and me leaving at the same time, we discussed the flaws in your expansion plan, and we had to cut the discussion short to not miss the rest of meeting of the Assembly. We also tried to unite under one of our plans to defeat yours, for the greater good of England.'

"I never said anything was false or true, I am saying that the rumors could be false, for both the Aztec and the Incas. I assume these savages are better than the sacages we conquer in the last few years"

"On the Walpole thing, he simply tired to convince me to vote for his plan. That is it. However I did see him take a couple of beers while I was with him"

Reactions:
"Mr. Walpole, the Incas own a great deal of land. You can't get away from that. That is the very reason we want their riches! Now calling me a he is no ordinary mistake. Everyone know the differences between men and women.

Now to both Walpole and Morgan, I hope this do not strain our relations, I don't think it is by mere accidents that you leave and come back at the same time, and then both make wild accusations. Tell me, did both of you drink too much ale? That is known to cloud your judgement".

"I did not make a wild accusation. I made a calculated accusation. I assume all rumors are false until proven true. I assume they have riches because, well, the savages we conquered had lots and lots of money, and we can assume Inca and Aztecs have more because they are bigger nations. Now, just because they are rich does not mean they have golden cities.

Now, I do not drink ale, I prefer whiskey myself, and there is no good whiskey south of the Scottish border. Walpole however, he drank like a fish! I never seen anyone drink that much ale that fast!"

"Countess Rogers! Stop those accusations! The Commander of the Forces's judgement is not clouded. How dare you insult him that way. I suggest you apologise immediately.

Concerning Count Walpole. Let me remind you that these great halls are not a tavern. If your thirst for beer is so high then maybe you should leave and find the next tavern. I expect a man of the royal diplomatic corps to behaviour better in front of such an audience!"

Henry set down again and was hoping that the situation would calm down a bit. He enjoyed the discussion so far but the latest insult from Countess Rogers was not acceptable so he had to remind her of that.

Last edited:
"My apologies King. But it is with no coincidence that both of them all out of sudden call me a he, and say I support savages. That is insulting to my person, and I have to protect my honor. Now I hope your intervention will put a stop to this, and let us focus on the real matters.

Morgan I agree there. Now Golden cities may be a refference to rich lands. Like in the Holy Scripture it say the Holy lands are flowing with milk and honey. We know that is not true in it's literal meaning. But both of us know these lands are rich, and wait to be claimed by the true rulers of Anglica!

Now I agree on your beverage assessment. After this Assembly I will personally invite you to a glass, or more, of the finest scotch!

That would be all for now".

"Mrs. Rogers, I ask when did I call you a he? When did I say you support savages. Do not make up slander, Mrs. Rogers. That will only worsen your case"

"My apologies Morgan. That was mostly directed at Walpole. Alltough you did say I only believe in rumors and need to use my head. Now I say let us put this behind us. Let us stop this game, and instead let us focus on the real issue at hand - the growth of our great realm".

"Yes, let us focus on the assembly. As well, I did not say you only believed in rumors, I am only saying you are believing in this rumor and this rumor only. Let us end this arguement and focus on how to best benefit England!"

"Order! We shall have order! Enough of these accusations. Let us get back to a friendly debate. We need to respect each other's opinion even if we disagree with it."
((
))

'I think we should return to the discussion about the Inca. I don't see any problems in their conquest, even Anna Blois-Rogers said 'That is the very reason we want their riches', showing that she supports the conquest of the Inca herself.'

"Mr. Walpole, as I have said again and again and yet again, I support their conquest. However as the current situation is it is not feasible to do so. We should first conquer and CONTROL the Aztecs. Then we can take on the Incas. The Portugese have settled nearby the Aztecs. They may soon wish to conquer them. The Incas however are isolated from the rest of the world. Let us win the race for the Aztecs. Then we can use it as a base to ship the, eventual, riches of the Incas to there and then to England".

"There is no proof of Portugese colonization near the Aztec lands. Unless you show me proof. I will only believe your words as lies."

'I never knew that the Portuguese settled close to the Aztec? I thought that they were putting all their focus into Africa, and at most send some explorers to discover the continent. Both the Aztec and Inca are isolated, and if I recall correctly, you have constantly fought against conquering the Inca. You should know that it is allright to admit you were wrong about something. And I never said that we shouldn't conquer the Aztec, and I even put it before the conquest of the Inca in my expansion plan, which shows my preferred order, even if it can be changed, and it puts the Inca last. We need to conquer the Aztec to easier transportation of the Inca silver, and that's why I support conquering them first. I hope that this was just a big misunderstanding between us.'

"Mr Andrews told me they settled near the Aztecs. I take these reports serious, let them be true or future plans, they are serious. That may give them a greater position to conquer the Aztecs and the valley of Mexica if we do not act quick!"

((Portugal have settled in Texas.))

"I asked for proof, not words, Mrs. Rogers"

"Look at the maps, go to Anglica or ask Mr Andrews himself. It is only so much I can do from here Morgan! And you know that".

"Alright, I will take you at your word and I'll ask Mr. Andrews." Alexander stood up and looked at James Andrews, "Is the Portuguese colonizing this so called 'Texas?'"

Last edited:
Economy Plan of England 1507

1. Recruit 5000 infantry and 3000 cavalry for the English army, requested by the Commander of Forces

2. Build 8 barques for trading. They can be positioned where they are most needed, at the moment a good place would be English Channel

3. Build barracks in Caux to get more manpower for the English army

4. Save some money

5. Build barracks in Normandie to get more manpower for the English army

Open for suggestions, the Commander of Forces already gave his ideas

Plan made by Master of Coin, Mathias Northwell

Last edited:
Reactions:
Nicolas Briggs rolled his eyes at the quarrel going on. So much for his belief that the English were more dignified than the French.

I believe Rogers' plan has the most merit. She has planned for moderate expansion in all theatres without risking overextending ourselves and opening up England to an attack from the coalition. I feel that Morgan's plan is far too aggressive with a coalition breathing down our neck, and that Walpole's does not account for the fact that not only must we conquer the Aztecs, but we must also keep the conquered lands under control afterwards. I feel maintaining a garrison in the Aztec lands to ensure order while then doing the same with the Incas would draw too many soldiers from Europe.

Elizabethia seems a fitting name in honour of the late queen and all her accomplishments.

I must admit I know little on matters of faith and thus cannot give an adequate opinion on this new act.

Expansion Plan: Rogers
Name for the colonial nation in New England: Elizabethia
Act of Uniformity: Abstain

- Nicolas Briggs né de Laval, Duke of Mercia & Earl of Marches

Reactions: