• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
i waited for 1.15 for my gameplay ^^ not wanted it to easy with the hordes i aint abusive xD
and now just 1 week until the normal error hotfix come and it can start xD

I haven't played in a while so I don't know if this is just the game now or whether this is confirmation bias but I'm drowning in stability hits. And I'm a republic so it's really difficult. Just got a Clergy estate event that has two options, both with -1 stability.

While we're on the subject, is it really necessary to be unable to declare war at -3 stability? I get the concept but the difference between -3 and -2 isn't that significant otherwise. It should be a war exhaustion increase at negative stabililty instead.

Reactions:
Started a thread about this, but wasn't sure if that was the right place to put this, so I'll just throw this in there - is Shinto religion supposed to ONLY have +10% morale? I loaded up the ND and that was the only bonus it had...

Is there any possibility to have Hagia Sophia with minarets only available for muslim countries?. It looks dumb to have it when you are playing as the byzzis. Probably like the mechanic that makes to appear a statue or building when you reform as protestant or reformed.

Reactions:
Any reason why you removed the ability for Papcy from making their rulers Generals.. I could of sworn some popes were warrior popes. Was it because they became really good generals at times better than some kings ?

So Paradox I believe popes would also want a word with you since they would hate the fact they can not be generals even though they are the leaders of the papal states and everyone else can make their leaders generals.

Also why did you remove All Non Papal theocracies reduction in Autonomy ?

Also any good reason why negative prestige would not make a personal union broken ?. How do we now break up Aragon and Naples ?

Last edited:
Reactions:
Go here for details.
- AI now 'cheats' on maintenance for border and capital forts (there is a define to disable this) and won't mothball these.
Oh, come on: if sniping mothballed forts is not a valid tactics, then why the hell AI himself constantly tries to snipe our monthballed forts FAR away from the borders, abusing his cheating capability to see beyond fog of war? How is it fair?

At least the game should give you a huge warning that a 1/0/0 stack is now trying to snipe your fort 10000 miles away from a place it (the stack) realistically has any business at.

Reactions:
Any reason why you removed the ability for Theocracies from making their rulers Generals.. i could of Sworn that Teutonic order had their leaders as generals in their history. And I believe some popes were warrior popes. Was it because they became really good generals at times better than some kings ?

So Paradox I believe Teutonic order would like to have a word with you about not allowing their leader's to become generals. And some popes would also want a word with you as well.

Also any good reason why negative prestige would not make a personal union broken ?. How do we now break up Aragon and Naples ?

You might want to re-read the patch notes:

- Theocracies (with the exception of monastic orders) can no longer convert their rulers to generals.

The Teutons, Livonians, and Knights can all still make their rulers generals.

I am myself still puzzled as to why they removed this option from all the other theocracies as well as striped out all the non-papacy theocracies autonomy reduction.

Reactions:
I am myself still puzzled as to why they removed this option from all the other theocracies as well as striped out all the non-papacy theocracies autonomy reduction.

Game balance I would imagine, good way to cycle through rulers quickly so you can consistently get good ones. RIP Battle-pope

Reactions:
The Patch is awesome! But compatibility is a bitch :( My OP Ideas Guy run from 1.14 had all its ideas changed in 1.15. 100% heir chance instead of 10% discipline anyone? Or 20% galley combat ability for 20% morale bonus as a North American based nation? o_O

And I know they warned us, but I'm just stubborn :cool:

- Local autonomy no longer has any effect on land forcelimits and manpower in provinces controlled by the Nobility, Cossacks and Tribes (all local autonomy, not just the 25% from the estate).
- Local autonomy no longer has any effect on tax income in provinces controlled by the Dhimmi and Clergy (all local autonomy, not just the 25% from the estate).
- Local autonomy no longer has any effect on naval forcelimits, trade power and production efficiency in provinces controlled by the Burghers (all local autonomy, not just the 25% from the estate).

Good changes that make sense. Give high manpower provinces to the nobility, high tax to the clergy and those with good trade power to the Burghs. Specialize your provinces, also new acquisitions.

- Theocracies (with the exception of monastic orders) can no longer convert their rulers to generals.
- Devotion now ticks down at a base rate of -0.5/year.

Nerfs to Theocracies. I approve, since those were the most OP Government archetype with the best upsides of Republics; while generally having better rulers [Average ruler is better than a 1/1/4 or mix thereof] and MUCH better events and Devotion itself being insane. Also they start with Autonomy Decay.

Now it just means you need to sit at +1 Stability. Which is good practice anyway since many disasters are triggered by falling below 0 when conditions are met, and often require more than 0 to stop ticking once they start.

- You now get -3 stab from DOWing a Free City as the Holy Roman Emperor.

Now Austria will have to wait until AFTER Nassau becomes the Emperor to unhinge it's jaw.

- Nomads now get +25% shock damage on all flat terrain (instead of just own provinces), but -25% shock damage on non-flat terrain.
- The amount of power gained from razing now decreases by 4% per military tech level above 3, up to a maximum of -80% (5 power per development).
- Added -25 opinion modifier when razing province with countries that have core on that province.
- Nomads no longer have minimum autonomy in non-Tribe provinces, but government form bonuses to manpower and forcelimits were slashed.

And now Hordes which exist in mostly mountainous regions are completely unplayable; such as Qara and to a lesser degree Timurids [Who lost their forts and the Persian region is mostly mountains]

Negative prestige no longer breaks Personal Unions.
- Negative prestige will now affect your subjects' liberty desire.
- It is now possible to use Place Relative on Throne on a subject not in regency, but with a bigger impact on liberty desire.
- It is now possible to Enforce Religion on a subject of a different religion group, but with a much bigger impact on liberty desire.

Interesting, so you don't immediately lose your PU's if you lose a war or get a bad event as your ruler is dying. Also Enforce Religion change was overdue; if your overlord tells you to change religion being a different group shouldn't stop it.

- You must now wait until 30 days after the game's starting date to declare any wars, to give countries a chance to form alliances.
I felt a great disturbance in the force. Like many OPM strats cried out at once and were silenced.

I mean Ireland is going to be so boring now with every Irish minor allying Scotland and/or England until England vassals them all.

AI Emperor should no longer DOW Free Cities.
Is this separate to the -3 stabhit or because of the -3 stabhit?

- There's now a +10 bonus for catholic AI call to arms acceptance against crusade targets.
Sadly the closest we get to stopping the Ottomans allying random [Read; whichever screws over the human player the most] Catholics.

- AI is now a lot more sensible in what provinces it chooses to claim as vital interest.
- AI will no longer rival countries with 80+ trust under any circumstances, and less likely to rival countries with high (but still below 80) trust.
- Trust now has a significantly bigger effect on making the AI not desire your provinces.
Excellent

- AI should now be more likely to send privateering fleets.
- AI will pay back loans more aggressively in peace time.
- AI may reduce colonial maintenance and stop sending new colonists to repay loans.
- Reduced AI peace time fort budget when it has armies to maintain, should result in mothballing more often taking place.
- AI will no longer go over force limit when fighting significantly weaker enemies.
- AI will no longer develop provinces to more than original development * 2 or 10 development, whichever is biggest. These numbers can be changed in defines.
Force Limit and economy changes should stop Muscovy having infinite loans all the time. I do not agree with the development change however. Upping development to dissuasde anexation is one of the main defenses a PU or Vassal'ed AI had if it couldn't get Liberty support. And personally I liked annexing a 2 province Normandy which gave me a free 78 development in the English Channel node once the New World money started to flow.

- Added age of rulers in disputed succession alert tooltip.

I like this.

Last edited: