• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

An open letter to the Lords of Dalmira,

May the blood of Dalmira be purified in the holy light of Namid. May we be forever bonded by common good, and may the Eternal Law always be adhered.

It is my understanding that many dukes of the realm are chief architects of Dalmiran Law, and seek to bring noble rights into the forefront of court discussion across the land. I have read over the parchment but there are some sections of the law that vex me so, and fill my heart with doubt and uncertainty to the future.

Section VII states that In case of invasion then 40% of the ducal standing armies will be obliged to support the King of Dalmira in his defense, to defend his lands, his other vassals and his crown, for the duration of the war. Should the soldiers be sent to foreign lands, clause V and VI will apply. My mind is thrown into flights of fancy when I read this passage, and I am pulled into an unlikely scenario of being invaded. And by where, my troops must, not fellow my beck and call, and defend their own homes, but go to the war drums of the king. What injustice is this where I may be compelled not to command my own army when faced with attack? And should the king see fit to counter attack in a foreign land, as my fields are burned and salted? I must be leave of the entirety of my force.

Too many fears etch into my mind, and though our liberty may be the cause, I see only bounds tying my hand with this section, sir. What is more, this desire to codify and neatly account these laws leaves me fearful, where we would place to much faith on too rigid a system so that all events unplanned, all contingencies that might befall us, we will be set as stone by a paper shield, frozen to laws that may not need apply.

It is my will, therefore the will of Igskada, that the Dalmiran Law has no place within the bounds of the duchy. Do not see slights in the words I put down here, I beg of you, my lords. Ever a stalwart friend and ally you all have in Igskada, so long as I sit upon the Dragon-Salt Chair.

~Ethan Riosh.
Duke of Igskada.

special_features_pic61d.gif

To the venerable Duke Ethan of Igskada,

I shall not force you to sign this treaty but hopefully I may sway you. For far to long the balance of power between King and Duke has been unofficial; it has caused too much strife and unrest within our wondrous homeland. It is for these reasons you should reconsider signing. You will not be defenseless because you will still have the bulk of your forces under your control, and may even lead said 40% in battle should you not trust the king to use them wisely. Furthermore you seem to have neglected the benefits of the none military clauses, which will ensure your rights as a duke can not be infringed upon any longer. If it is ivansion that worries you clause IV helps ensure the king is obligated to defend you, and in a sense the rest of your fellow dukes with that said 40%. A combined 40% of us all can do more to preserve your lands than your full 100% can't it? Besides did you yourself not mention in the very letter I reply to "My mind is thrown into flights of fancy when I read this passage, and I am pulled into an unlikely scenario of being invaded"? Calm thyself some and rethink what small price it is to solidify the power we've recently been granted within Dalmira through peaceful negotiations such as this.

With Respect,
Prince Vytautus Krasnickas Duke of Erdheim and Rortzen.

special_features_pic61d.gif

To the venerable Duke Ethan of Igskada,

I shall not force you to sign this treaty but hopefully I may sway you. For far to long the balance of power between King and Duke has been unofficial; it has caused too much strife and unrest within our wondrous homeland. It is for these reasons you should reconsider signing. You will not be defenseless because you will still have the bulk of your forces under your control, and may even lead said 40% in battle should you not trust the king to use them wisely. Furthermore you seem to have neglected the benefits of the none military clauses, which will ensure your rights as a duke can not be infringed upon any longer. If it is ivansion that worries you clause IV helps ensure the king is obligated to defend you, and in a sense the rest of your fellow dukes with that said 40%. A combined 40% of us all can do more to preserve your lands than your full 100% can't it? Besides did you yourself not mention in the very letter I reply to "My mind is thrown into flights of fancy when I read this passage, and I am pulled into an unlikely scenario of being invaded"? Calm thyself some and rethink what small price it is to solidify the power we've recently been granted within Dalmira through peaceful negotiations such as this.

With Respect,
Prince Vytautus Krasnickas Duke of Erdheim and Rortzen.

c6f93edb0fbc17dd3ad1db98d18e1b50

Ethan of House Riosh
Duke of Igskada, Dalmira

To the exalted Prince Vytautus Krasnickas,

I thank you for your swift reply, and the frank manner in which you express your argument. My doubts get the better of me, and while the benefits of this law should not be overlooked, understand that much of what is written here is a matter of trust I already hold before the king and my peers. So signing what was already plain in my thoughts is not the issue, but deferring into law that my host may be fractured in case I am invaded and possibly used on a foreign offensive leaves my lands vulnerable. It matters not that the banners of the king grows by ten thousand if they are marched outside our borders, unlikely I hope that would be.

I would hold no qualms in signing the law if an amendment was made that dictated that should a duke's land come under threat, then no contribution is he compelled to make to the king's banners, as the defense of his home is paramount.

For such an amendment would do well to ease my doubts. May Namid bless you.

~Ethan Riosh.
Duke of Igskada.

"Grab your weapons; sword, axe, dagger, bow and arrow! Marching gear; shovel, bandage, extra pair of boots! Armour, whatever you have! Personal belongings! If you can carry less, dump it on the pile. Gentlemen, get your asses ready to march in fif-teen minutes! You may think you can sit on your lazy bums because you're in a garrison, but a soldier's life ain't all sunshine and ladies! That may be so in Cirtirus, or Leganum, but you're in Moraille. In MY garrison. And in my garrison we march till we drop because no Meddish soldier is going to allow you any damned breaks in the fighting, I tell you!

We gotta be ready to defend our capital, our great city, when the time comes. And until the time comes, that means we're going to march, March, MARCH! Single column! Double column! Line; Battle Line; Marching column; Echelon; Arrow formation; every single rank and file! We're going to practise them all and when we're done, we're all going to do it again! Why? WHY, you ask?! Because you might all be veteran tough-guy Ardan WARRIORS, but I'll be damned if any of you could walk in a straight line for more than a couple of steps! Warriors are made by combat, but an army is made by discipline, and order. So get your bloody gear packed and assemble, SINGLE FILE!"

Order:
Assemble all but 1000 men from the Moraille garrison and exercise discipline and marching order with them in the hills east of our capital. These manoeuvres will take three months, after which the garrison will return to the capital. Pack 10 ducats' worth of luxury food to keep morale high during the boring marches.

Last edited:
ORDERS:
Order 1:

Make a grand story of removing Reynald dan Haaken, the Vandal, from exacting a toll in the critical passes and valleys around Moraille, to please the merchants who were subject to his unorthodox methods for the last three months. However, replace his collecting of toll with official toll booths at these critical passes and valleys around Moraille, and build them in similar areas around the city of Desrois as well. These tool booths should be well run and fair, with corruption punishable by death (in accordance with recent Ardans law).

Order 2:

In light of the recent Trade Agreement with the Duchy of Tydreach and Gottor, focus on encouraging the merchants to trade between the Duchy and Ardans, and allocate funds for the construction of a trading house in both Tydreach and Gottor (to perform as outlined in the trade agreement to be found here).

- Henrik dan Vant, Marcher of Ardans

The Sacking of North Hendal​

In the Spring of 500, King Hugh of Hendal would affix his seal to the treaty of the Holy Alliance, officially banding Dalmira, Meddeland, and Hendal together into one alliance. Though the treaty was not popular at home (and even less so abroad - as events in Dalmira would demonstrate), it did provide Hendal with considerable assurances that it would be safe from attack on its eastern border. The King decided that the guarantees of the treaty were sufficiently credible that budgetary matters would take priority over defense. Hendal maintained contracts with 10,000 mercenaries - just weeks after the treaty was signed, the Hendal crown would order all of these contracts terminated. Hendal had heavily relied on mercenaries for its heavy cavalry and to police the lengthy border with Weldheim and supplement its own forces on the treaty line; the King deemed that these extra forces were no longer necessary. No one dared protest too loudly. The mercenaries suddenly found themselves without work (and though there was some grumbling on their parts it did not amount to anything). A few courtiers complained that it would be expensive to rehire them if they were needed; these courtiers proved easily beheaded.

However, it would prove to be an ill-timed decision for North Hendal, where the Tavan Morin were running amok.

Though they had been rebuked when approaching Sanapiro proper, the Tavan Morin had been allowed to rampage more or less unchecked through North Hendal in the Spring of 500. The highlands and border areas were in disarray by the start of the summer. The Tavan Morin pillaged, looted, sacked, and generally destroyed their way through much of North Hendal without any kind of organized resistance to stop them. Thousands were killed, acres of farmland burned and lost, and a stream of huddled survivors sent fleeing westward towards the relative safety of the city, spreading tales of marauding barbarian horsemen as they went. The Tavan Morin warbands pursued this with gusto, and it left the whole of Tavan Morin society with no shortage of food and pastures, as well as a supply of baubles and loot to keep them amused.

Given these successes, the Tavan Morin's campaign would easily continue into the summer, but their tactics would change. Giving the city of Sanapiro a wide berth, the Tavan Morin's warbands would ride south, cutting a new, wide swathe of destruction as they went. Proceeding at almost leisurely pace, they began to destroy villages completely, slaughtering every last survivor and setting towns and buildings alight. Messengers reported that the smouldering ruins could be seen for days, the burning remnants of civilization visible as bonfires from miles away. As they entered more densely populated regions further south, it seemed fair to say that the Tavan Morin were essentially sacking North Hendal. While their brutal tactics were not exactly creating a refugee crisis - given that they were killing everyone - and it did not yet seem to affect the Hendalese elites much - it was becoming a matter of grave public concern. The help that Dalmira and Meddeland had promised against attack under the terms of the Holy Alliance was nowhere to be seen.

And so far, the Hendalese military had done nothing but lay off a fifth of its forces, along with most of its cavalry. Still, hopes were high that the Hendal military was already planning a counterresponse, and merely had yet to show its hand.

Hint: You usually won't automatically take out a loan if you run out of money - unless it's been established that you already have a line of credit. Meddeland has Makria's only private banking sector, but other player-run states may extend you loans as well.

Last edited:
A Man, once a wanderer, walked into a room, a room where he had spoken and walked a thousand times, but still he felt as a lowly mouse compared to the man standing in that room, he felt that the air was more worthy than he was, that it was pure like the blood of the faithfull. It took all his courage to speak to the man, to the Iron, but forgiving, gaze of Namid's greatest promulgator, but he spoke:

The Sons of Namid are threathened by heathens from the East and evil wizards among the sons of Namid. Murder and other unpure practices are commited day after day, the blood is becoming more corrupted, our inner Caex is growing stronger, thus I propose that we create an order of warrior monks who will protect not only the Only Faith and the Superius, but all Sons of Namid and the Enternal Law, from Evil and Corruptness. Thus I ask His Holiness, Superius Xavier VII, to give me, Dwaler, 500 Golden Ducats, so that I can create a Order to protect the Sons of Namid and to declare that all who join the Forgiven Knights.

[x] Dwaler, the Wandering Monk
[] His Holiness, Superius Xavier VII, of the Only and Holy Faith

Dwaler would be the first Son of Namid to swear the Oath of the Forgiven Knights, the Oath that binds a Forgiven Knight to the Order and the Faith. This was his oath:

'I, Dwaler, do profess and promise chastity, giving up all property, and obedience to Namid, his Only Promulgator and the Eternal Law and to you brothers and the Master of the Order. I do now denounce and disown any allegiance as due to any King, Prince, Family, or State or obedience to any of their laws, magistrates, or officers, for the only Law I am obiedient to is the Eternal Law of Namid as dictated by the Only Promulgator of Namid. I do further promise and declare that I will have no opinion or will of my own or any mental reservation whatsoever, even as a corpse or cadaver, but will unhesitatingly obey each and every command that I may recieve from my superiors in the militia of the Superius and Namid. That I will provide myself with arms that I may be in readiness when the word is passed, or I am commanded to defend the church, the Eternal Law and the Sons of Namid, either as an individual or with the militia of the Superius. In conformation of which I hereby dedicate my life, soul, and all corporal powers, and with the dagger which I now recieve I will subscribe my name written in my blood in testimony therof; and should I prove false or weaken in my determination, may my brethren and fellow soldiers of the militia of the Superius cut off my hands and feet and my throat from ear to ear, my belly opened and sulpher burned therein with all the punishment that can be inflicted upon me on earth, my soul shall be tortured by the demons in the eternal hell forever and I will be punished by Namid like he punished the unfaithfull Caex. This is what I declare, swear and uphold.'

The tasks of the Forgiven Knights will be to protect the Sons of Namid, the Superius and the Knowledge and Magic of this World and to maintain and uphold the Enternal Law from evil and corruptness of this world.

Orders:
Dwaler will use a part of his weatlh - 300 Ducats - to build/buy a small castle on a hill with a reasonable amount of fertile land downstream on the river compared to the new Holy Site, Dwaler will use 100 Ducats to buy supplies and equipment for the Forgiven Knights and Dwaler will use 100 Ducats to make the entire cooperation economically viable, he will do so by using servants from the land and members of the order to work the land and to make alcohol, which he will be able to sell, since the members of the Order are also Monks of the Church so they will be able to sell alcohol. If there is money leftover from other investments, the money will be used to make the Order economically viable

Last edited:
Dalmiran Law​

The summer of 500 held large changes for the Kingdom of Dalmira. Tensions had been running high between the nobility and King Magnus Landau - and with good reason. Conrad the Black's campaign of murder and assassination notwithstanding, Magnus Landau had so far not been particularly popular in his own right. The Reorganization of Dalmira had trodden on the toes of many of the local nobles, with some seeing it as a power-grab by the crown and others chafing at the King's transfer of prominent duchies to relative unknowns, often over the heads of more viable candidates. However, the tipping point had come with the King's signing of the treaty of Holy Alliance. Most of the Dalmiran nobility did not want to march to war in aid of the Hendalese or Meddish, who they continued to see as enemies on account of ancient grudges. Others simply did not see the Ardans and barbarian horsemen as their fights - Tydreach and Gottor, for example, seemed be getting along reasonably well with Ardans. Quite apart from taking up arms, the new double Duke had established trade ties with his Ardans neighbors.

It therefore came as little surprise that the nobility chafed against the agreement of the Holy Alliance. Just weeks after the treaty was signed, Henry Oliver Richard FitzRoy, Duke of Stolgen and Arevmarch, announced that a new agreement had been reached between the King and his vassals. This agreement, simply titled "Dalmiran Law" in its original form, was a 12-point agreement codifying restrictions on the King's power to make laws, allow foreign troops to pass through ducal lands, levy taxes, revoke duchies, imprison nobles, and demand troops from his vassals. In the ensuing flurry of diplomatic messages and couriers riding on Dalmira's muddy footpaths, the King and most of his dukes signed the agreement. It would later come to be called the Magnus Charter or the Charter of 500.

Widely seen as a manifestation of the backlash against Magnus' relative unpopularity, the charter had been signed after what Fitzroy had called "an ultimatum" - leading many local nobles to assume the King had signed it under considerable pressure. It specified that the King could demand just 40% of the dukes' standing armies in the event of war, and for a period of 9 months (most assuming this to mean spring through fall, with the troops returning home for the winter) in the event of a foreign war. This clause was a particularly strong blow against the idea of the Holy Alliance, since it severely limited the time and scope of Dalmira's participation in such a war.

The only one of Dalmira's myriad dukes to speak out against the charter was Ethan Riosh, lord of the embattled Duchy of Igskada. He certainly did not take the side of the King in matter. Instead he protested that he should be expected to send 40% of his soldiers to the King, and perhaps not lead them, rather than defend his own lands from invasion. Who might invade Igskada or how was an open question, since Igskada was in the heart of the Dalmiran lowlands, but his protestations were nevertheless met with initial sympathy from his peers. He declared the charter null within his own lands, but this was no great blow to the treaty since Igskada, while large, had only a tiny military.

The rest of the Kingdom (with the exception of distant Duke Wiegraf, who had yet to weigh in on the matter) accepted the charter. It was a relief to the counts, knights, and barons of Dalmira, not just because the charter limited their obligations under the "Holy Alliance," but also because it spoke to the character of their betters. Quite apart from being puppets of the King, the new dukes were standing up to him and seemed to be determined not to allow a repeat of Conrad the Black's reign of terror. For the moment, this was generally regarded as positive, and the mounting tensions in Dalmira were somewhat diminished - good news for all, except maybe the King.

Hint: Namidists believe in the concept of collective blood purity - that all of mankind is of one "blood" and the actions of an individual reflect on everyone, not just himself. This makes them rather intolerant of sacrilege in their leaders.

After the surpringly proclamation of the Magnus Chart, a counter proclamation issued by Duke Wiegraf soon came to fruition, clearly showing the Duke's displeasure with the current diplomatic situation in Dalmira.

On the current proclamation of the commonly called "Magnus Chart", I, Maximillian Wiegraf, Duke of Victorsburg and Foldgart, do not find appropriate and in the interest of my domain to abide myself and my resources by such chart, especially considering my absence in any kind of negotiation that may have advanced this chart to the current state. As such, by the power vested in me, I declare that the "Magnus Chart" does not have any validity in Victorsburg and Foldgart. The relation between the duchy and the Crown shall be managed by the proper bilateral venue, as well as the relations with my peers.

Maximillian Wiegraf, Duke of Victorsburg and Foldgart

((God Dammit Dwaler, what sort of Monk are you, do you not know that Patience is Virtue. Namid do not wish to have any Hot-headed men in his army, his men must not swing or strike wildly but firmly and strongly, they must be cool, calm and collected. I'll stop here before this gets too IC))

Yes, Monk that goes by the name Dwaler, a force that serves Namid and Namid alone is certainly a good idea. Not that I do not trust the kings or the Dukes around me, but I fear if there ever were to be a time when the Superiacy needs men to fight and the Kings and Dukes decided to be selfish with their men, we would be very much doomed. therefore I shall grant you the amount you request and with it you must build, assemble and train the best army these lands have ever seen for Namid.

This contract also signifies that everything owned by the Forgiven Knights is also owned by the Superiacy and that the Forgiven Knights must follow only the Orders of Namid spoken by his speaker the Superius, current and future, who will pass these Orders down onto the Order Commanders.

I, Superius Xavier VII and the Superiacy would also like to take the opportunity to elect Monk Dwaler as the first First Commander ((Or High Monk Commander or High Monk whichever you like TJDS)) of the Forgiven Knights, he may now recruit and train men and appoint lower rank commanders as he see fit.

[x] Superius Xavier VII

((Private- Superius Office High Church- Victorsburg))

The King of Dalmira, King Mangus I, had sold us the land we required to build our New High Church and the Holy City, now plans were being laid out on how to build and when to start building. The area we had found was a Plateau Valley up in the Aerian mountains that was roughly 2 Km^2. The Valley was surrounded by hills and cliffs on the inside that turned into devastating mountain drops on the outside. On the far west end of the Valley there was a small lake, Lake Namid and an opening which the the river of Namid flowed through. The plan was to build the New high Church on the far east wall of the Valley making it nearly impenetrable from the back due the mountain drop on the other side of the wall that was nearly un-climbable, certainly no kitted man would be able to climb up this way, even un-kitted men would have a hard climb. then after the church was built we would build the city outwards from the church spreading towards the lake.
Now we would like to commence building as soon as possible as soon as we know how much it will cost.

((End Private))

Orders:
1. Investigate how much it will cost to build a High Church, Two large house things (Something Nuns and Monks would live in, Manors? Mansions?), A Barn and a Farm.

Last edited:
I have agreed to sell land for use of the Forgiven Knights for the sum of 50 ducats.

- Magnus Landau I, King of Dalmira

To the Lord Marshal, Baldwin Montague;

We find your inaction in the north of our realm whilst barbarians raid and pillage our lands to be most distasteful. We have appointed you Lord Marshal entrusting in you the duties of leading and marshaling our troops during times of war, consequently this is such a time albeit not against a kingdom but against uncultured foreigners. We order you to put your men on alert, to begin posting patrols along the main roads throughout the north, to begin erecting defenses in the untouched villages and to recruit as many men as necessary. Do all this in our name and with due haste, the loss of more lives is unacceptable.

His Majesty, Hugh Bordelon, By the Grace of Namid, King of Hendal, Lord of Burnhem and Protector of the Realm

To the Lord Chancellor, Anders Wyngarden;

We find it most displeasing that you waited not for the Royal Seal before proceeding on your planned canceling of contracts with the mercenaries. You are to with haste inform them that their contracts do in fact stand and that they are expected to continue their duties on the border. Nonetheless, We recognize that you do serve Us with the best of intention and thus We wish to award you the honorific title of Count of Etela, to be inherited in perpetuity by your heirs. Serve Us well.

His Majesty, Hugh Bordelon, By the Grace of Namid, King of Hendal, Lord of Burnhem and Protector of the Realm

To His Majesty, Maximilian III of House Briarling, By the Grace of Namid, King of Meddelands and Ardan, Defender of the Realm, Grand Duke of Kandon and Keeper of Justice;

Our Great and August Brother,

We greet you warmly and take great pleasure in receiving a letter from You. Indeed, to Us the prospects of further cementing ties between Our great kingdoms by way of marriage is a most welcoming idea. We have Ourselves three children without consort: Our eldest and heir, the Crown Princess; Our second son and Our third son. Furthermore, Our sister has been widowed from her first husband and is still at the age of childbearing. We would welcome a response and further discussion on this mater.

((All are obviously private))

Quick Order Change:

Old Orders:
1. Investigate how much it will cost to build a High Church, Two large house things (Something Nuns and Monks would live in, Manors? Mansions?), A Barn and a Farm.

New Orders:

1. Commence building of the New High Church and the Holy City with a set Budget of 1000 ducats with the High Church set a priority, any surplus goes back into the treasury and the budget must not be breached by more than 50 ducats without the Superius's permission.

To the Lord Chancellor, Anders Wyngarden;

We find it most displeasing that you waited not for the Royal Seal before proceeding on your planned canceling of contracts with the mercenaries. You are to with haste inform them that their contracts do in fact stand and that they are expected to continue their duties on the border. Nonetheless, We recognize that you do serve Us with the best of intention and thus We wish to award you the honorific title of Count of Etela, to be inherited in perpetuity by your heirs. Serve Us well.

To His Majesty, Hugh Bordelon, By the Grace of Namid, King of Hendal, Lord of Burnhem, Protector of the Realm,

I apologize for my hasty decision. I underestimated the speed of the Savage assault upon your Northern territories. I will clarify my previous order immediately, and continue to serve you with loyalty.

Anders Wyngarden, Lord Chancellor of Hendal and Count of Etela.

A letter sent to the mercenary captains employed by the Kingdom of Hendal

Reports of your dismissal have been greatly exaggerated. Your employment will continue until the end of Summer, and I trust that you will serve your country. The sum of money that was to be your dismissal fee will now be your payment for this season, and a similar fee will be owed to you when your services are no longer required.

Anders Wyngarden, Lord Chancellor of Hendal and Count of Etela.

Orders
The mercenaries have been temporarily rehired until we can figure out what to do with them long-term. Grr barbarians.

(X) Magnus Landau I, King of Dalmira

I am very interested in this suggestion. I believe that we can use these beasts to improve our standing amongst the realms of Makria, and it makes a lot of sense to do so. I will not let this donation go to waste, and will immediately begin a breeding program for these direwolves ((when I write up my orders, this will be one of them)) to ensure that we take advantage of this asset.

((Private - Marschalk, Maxwell))

As I have signed the Dalmira Law treaty at the behest of my dukes, I find it prudent that the part of the Holy Alliance treaty concerning internal threats be stricken from the treaty.

((/Private))

- Magnus Landau I, King of Dalmira

EDIT

(X) Magnus Landau I, King of Dalmira

((Private - Canadian, Maxwell))

I do not object to striking out this part of the treaty.

- MAXIMILLIANUS REX

Baldwin Montague had a clear look of disgust on his face while he wrote a response to the King of Hendal. Most monarchs, as far as he was concerned, had no business telling soldiers how to fight their battles. Couldn't the King see that those damned horsemen could move ten times quicker than his lumbering army of spearmen and crossbowmen? Baldwin decided that his time was better spent actually working, and so he quickly sent an apology to the King.

After the surpringly proclamation of the Magnus Chart, a counter proclamation issued by Duke Wiegraf soon came to fruition, clearly showing the Duke's displeasure with the current diplomatic situation in Dalmira.

House Riosh

To the venerable Maximillian Wiegraf, Duke of Victorsburg and Foldgart,

Namid guide you. I congratulate you, sir, on your firm stance against the Magnus Charter and share in your frustration at being excluded from any negotiation that formed the laws. I also bid you warning that you should be prepared for a backlash for not minding the herd, so-to-speak. My public questioning of the bill has resulted in a heavy handed letter from Prince Krasnickas, accusing me of being erratic. My attempts at making the interests of Igskada voiced in the law have been met with only contempt and silence. I, therefore, have no recourse but to declare such law null and void in the bounds of my lands, and hold to trust my liege and peers to common good.

With the heedless march of our peers headlong to their defined progress, I wonder if friendship between our two realms would do well to be solidified. I am a man of eighteen and need put thought in mine legacy. I wonder, a suitable bride among your dynasty might strengthen the bonds between our houses. Is there such a fetching beauty, a clever maiden, a lady of humour of your blood I may call mine?

I humbly await your reply.

~Ethan Riosh,
Duke of Igskada.

After much consideration, I must withdraw my signature from the Magnus Charter. The fact is it ties this kingdom's hands in the case of an attack. It was made without consolation of several important Dukes, and the King was forced to sign it under a suggested treat of rebellion. While I don't totaly agree with them, I must stand with Dukes Riosh and Wiegraf.
-Prince Augustyn Landau

House Riosh

To the venerable Maximillian Wiegraf, Duke of Victorsburg and Foldgart,

Namid guide you. I congratulate you, sir, on your firm stance against the Magnus Charter and share in your frustration at being excluded from any negotiation that formed the laws. I also bid you warning that you should be prepared for a backlash for not minding the herd, so-to-speak. My public questioning of the bill has resulted in a heavy handed letter from Prince Krasnickas, accusing me of being erratic. My attempts at making the interests of Igskada voiced in the law have been met with only contempt and silence. I, therefore, have no recourse but to declare such law null and void in the bounds of my lands, and hold to trust my liege and peers to common good.

With the heedless march of our peers headlong to their defined progress, I wonder if friendship between our two realms would do well to be solidified. I am a man of eighteen and need put thought in mine legacy. I wonder, a suitable bride among your dynasty might strengthen the bonds between our houses. Is there such a fetching beauty, a clever maiden, a lady of humour of your blood I may call mine?

I humbly await your reply.

~Ethan Riosh,
Duke of Igskada.

A messenger carrying a personal letter, sealed with the customary black seal of House Wiegraf, arrives in Ingskada and instructs the competent authority to deliver the letter to Duke Ethan.

Adressed to His Grace, Ethan Riosh, Duke of Igskada,

Namid guide you, too. I thank you for your kind words and understanding in relation to my position regarding the "Magnus Charter". Evidently, certain members of the high nobility are interested to suplant the existing order with a more chaotic one, even if unwilling. We are all bound to the defend the crown and the kindgom, as such, to try to define inflexible, fancy numbers to simulate an abstract commitment is most unproductive and confusing, considering that the current obligations between the crown and duchies are more than enough to guarantee our serious commitment to the defense of the crown and of the kingdom.

I would recommend Your Grace to forgive the behavior of the noble Prince Krasnickas, as he may just have accessed a momentary bout of poor statesmanship, a plague that all of us are subject to.

Finnaly, I would like to tell you that, while I am the unique child of a sacred Namid union, I have my first cousin, Elise Wiegraf, daughter of my uncle, Baron Phillipe Wiegraf, eligible for marriage. She's just sixteen and a most pleasing company; the maid is clever of mind and she is starting to look like a woman. I would be most overjoyed if you could consider Elise worthy of a match and thus, cement an alliance between our houses.

Maximillian Wiegraf, Duke of Victorsburg and Foldgart

At his ducal residence in Gottor after hearing the recent complaints about the Dalmira Law. Tal'Athearn muses to himself.

Well if this treaty isn't ratified by everyone is it even valid? Worst case scenario here I have to only help those who signed the document so I will only have to help of Avermarch is attacked by the Hendal or god forbid the heretics attack me, though I'm making moves to ensure the latter won't happen. Yet with this news these dukes refusing to sign won't get any assistance from me, for what do I have to lose if hendal invades across the treaty line? Nothing. If my plans work as I want I should be more then safe from foreign invasion soon and with no obligation to deploy troops to half the kingdom well, I will be able to just sit here and enjoy seeing my coffers fill up.