• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((LatinKaiser, let me know what information you'll need me to post, as war seems to be route this is going.

Sakura_F, did you check infamy costs for all of this stuff?))

((LatinKaiser, let me know what information you'll need me to post, as war seems to be route this is going.

((Unfortunately, no. I'm bedridden right now; could I get some info on that? If memory serves me correctly, "Liberation Nation" is an 11.00 infamy CB without justification, which would put us at 24 infamy.))

((Screenshots of our western military forces and some detailed screenshots of our territories in the British Isles would be helpful. :)))

It seems that the Schotten have pulled our hand. While I regret having to send good German boys to their deaths by any means, we must show the British we don't fear them or their little Empire.

I have a couple of plans that the Reichstag may be interested in.

Unternehmen Seelöwe (Operation Sealion)
- Defense of Plymouth from British invasion
- Liberation of Tunis from British hands and the annexation of German cores
- Liberation of Ireland from British authority to weaken their naval and military projection capability

Unternehmen Weltadler (Operation World Eagle)
- Annexation of the region of Southeast England (Duchy of Kent) or - Annexation of the region encompassing the former Duchy of Wessex by the old Anglo-Saxons

Unternehmen Wüstenfuchs (Operation Desert Fox)
- Annexation of a lucrative region of British Africa to expand German trade and economic glory.

Unternehmen "Alex von Bern" Operation "Alex von Bern"
- Liberation of Ireland from British authority to weaken their naval and military projection capability
- Annexation of the region of Southeast England (Duchy of Kent) or - Annexation of the region encompassing the former Duchy of Wessex by the old Anglo-Saxons

I open all four plans to discussion and debate -- you are welcome to ask questions.

The Liberation of Ireland should be our first priority after the defense of Plymouth!

It would be nice to have an assessment of the size and location of British and German naval forces.

I told you we would want to build level 3 bases, but did you listen? NO, YOU DID NOT.

If our navy is swept from the seas, don't come crying to me.

Hals Gutfreund, an extraordinarily frustrated Minister of War

((Can you change the font color on these? I'm gathering you use the Hearts of Iron template, but I use the EU template and it's hard to read. :) If you leave out the color specification, it will automatically default to a readable font for everyone!))
(( sure thing believe it or not I use Victoria so its a bit hard even for myself.))

You suggest that the british peoples should 'return to the muck they crawled forth from.' If this is not subjugating them, what is?

- Adelbert af Ambroose

I was referring to the desire for the inferior British to withdraw from international affairs. They have disputed our right as the world's greatest nation and we must strike them down for it.

As for the plans presented by our Foreign Minister, I believe that Unternehmen Seelöwe seems most desirable. It would allow us a greater presence in the Mediterranean and Africa while weakening British power by freeing Ireland. However, I can also see the appeal of Unternehmen Wüstenfuchs, since Britain's African territories could prove most beneficial for Germany while also weakening Britain. I would speak against taking any more land on the British Isles though. While it would surely weaken them, it would also be the most likely to earn their ire and provoke yet another war in the future. Plymouth is small enough to defend easily, but more territory in the Isles would be more difficult to defend. Perhaps that should be considered a last resort if Britain proves resistant to accepting German hegemony.

- Wilhelm von Vandenburg

It would be nice to have an assessment of the size and location of British and German naval forces.

I told you we would want to build level 3 bases, but did you listen? NO, YOU DID NOT.

Herr Gutfreund, you are truly the Cassandra of Germany.

I have had it with these pacifists who refuse to build up our armed forces!

-Herr Liberator

I was referring to the desire for the inferior British to withdraw from international affairs. They have disputed our right as the world's greatest nation and we must strike them down for it.

As for the plans presented by our Foreign Minister, I believe that Unternehmen Seelöwe seems most desirable. It would allow us a greater presence in the Mediterranean and Africa while weakening British power by freeing Ireland. However, I can also see the appeal of Unternehmen Wüstenfuchs, since Britain's African territories could prove most beneficial for Germany while also weakening Britain. I would speak against taking any more land on the British Isles though. While it would surely weaken them, it would also be the most likely to earn their ire and provoke yet another war in the future. Plymouth is small enough to defend easily, but more territory in the Isles would be more difficult to defend. Perhaps that should be considered a last resort if Britain proves resistant to accepting German hegemony.

- Wilhelm von Vandenburg

Taking more territory that has a British majority living in it would make us as despicable as the Polish and British enemy. It is better to liberate the people of Ireland and Africa from Scottish tyranny.

((I'll take care of the information requests sometime on Sunday; as soon as Sakura_F decides on his preferred plan, we'll put that to a vote.

Get well soon, Sakura!))

As party leader, I severely urge Heer von Bavel-Balwitschen to change his plans and focus on naval technology during the war, even if that is against party policies.As such we will lessen casualties of our navy.

Heer Heinrich van Gogh, Leader of the SP, minister of Social affairs

I'm going forward with proposing Operation Seelöwe.

((PTSnoop, if somebody wants to come up with a name, they can. :) Vicky 2 doesn't generate ruler names.

(( On a whim, I decided to run a CK2>EU4 spectator game from the Hohenzollern start date, to see what ruler Scotland ended up with. I was planning to leave it running through to 1820, but annoyingly Scotland was annexed by England in around the 1550s. So instead we'll be going with the last name I have, King Lachlan I MacUillem. I think that's quite a good Scottish Tyrant name - he does sound like the sort to subjugate the Irish, annex the English colonial holdings, demand Plymouth from the Germans, etc.

Other interesting things from this observation game, in no particular order:
- The original Count Friedrich von Hohenzollern dies of natural causes at the ripe old age of 78. His descendents remain as Counts of Nurnberg, not amounting to much and giving their descendents uninteresting names. (Konrad, Konrad, Gerlach, Konrad, Gerlach, and Gerlach.)
- Hereditary HRE since 1300, under the Chatenois.
- Hungary conquers Greece in a crusade, then later inherits Bulgaria to form a big ol' balkan blob.
- Poland and Danmark unite under the Piasts. Though the union doesn't last long, Danmark and Poland remain historical allies, dividing Sweden between themselves hundreds of years later.
- The Golden Horde get off to a bad start, then decide to bypass the whole idea of "contiguous borders", and opt to leap from Tyumen to the Crimea without passing through any of the space in between. The north coast of the Black Sea becomes a general three-way shooting ground between the Seljuk Kaiser-i-Rum, the Byzantine Emperor and the Golden Horde Khagan, with none of these three having land connections to any of their other holdings.
- Extremely messy Hundred Years War, with England, Burgundy, France, rebels, and the Kingdom of Jerusalem all having a go.
- Three generations of Ilkhanate Khagans all name themselves "the Victorious", despite failing to make a dent in the basically-modern-day-Iran borders of the numerically-inferior Kashan Shahdom.
- Circumreqonquista. Aragon and Castille manage to conquer their way around the Spanish coast, surrounding the last few Almohad holdings in Spain. They then decide "naah, that's enough" and leave them alone for a few hundred years.
- The Byzantine Empire converts to Catholicism for a hundred years or so, then decides to join its neighbours and converts to Islam. Orthodox Rus is also in quite bad shape, gradually and messily turning into Catholic and/or Iconoclast Rus. Also, in the early 1500s, we see a small Paulician state - Burtasy - randomly establish itself in the north Baltic.
- Count Gerlach II of Nurnberg, Hohenzollern number seven, is murdered on the orders of his cousin Irmeltraud. As far as I can tell, it's so that Irmeltraud's husband Amalrich von Hohenzollern (they're second cousins) can become Steward to the new Count of Nurnberg, Gerlach's son Gerlach. Or maybe it's just because Irmeltraud is cruel and arbitrary. Either sound plausible. Sadly, the direct male Hohenzollern line never recovers - Gerlach III leaves the county to his daughter Ute, who marries some random grandson-of-a-count called Waldemar Askanien.
- Gerlach II's younger son Konrad does quite a bit better, though. He makes a complete break with tradition by marrying Countess Zdenka Premyslid of Hradec, then naming his son Liutbrand.
- Liutbrand's son Liutbrand doesn't end too well, though - he's murdered by his lunatic sister, his son and heir then dies of pneumonia aged 8, and his two daughters are murdered by his aunt Helga and his imbecile brother Sieghard's wife, Richara di Castropola. All of Liutbrand II's issue having perished, Sieghard inherits the county. (And all this happens within the space of eight years, by the way.)
- Sieghard's son Liutbrand, however, has his title revoked by his liege, Duke Martin of Moravia, who had a claim on the county. From this point on, the Hohenzollerns pass into obscurity.
))

I support the proposed Operation Seelöwe.

I support Operation Seelöwe.

I fully support Operation Seelöwe. It is about time we show the British the errors of their way. Germany is not a nation to be trifled with.

- Wilhelm von Vandenburg