• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ireland is a tiny and oppressed small island. If they have not liberated themselves in the past three centuries then why would they do it now as Britain continues to grow stronger? It is clear they need German help just as Tver did.

If Ireland wants help, they can bloody ask for it. But be assured that my government will not go into a war we find unjustful. I also have to ask, do you have any proof that the Irish population is oppressed?

If Ireland wants help, they can bloody ask for it. But be assured that my government will not go into a war we find unjustful. I also have to ask, do you have any proof that the Irish population is oppressed?

The famine of twenty years ago is proof enough! The British violated the principles of the free market by forcing Irish farms to grow commercial products that benefited the British Empire, thus denuding the native population's supply of vital foodstuffs.

Many Irish are impoverished paupers while the best lands are owned by British aristocrats.

((Is GB Catholic?))

The policy of the Ministry of the Interior shall be one of policing-by-consent rather than one of blanket political suppression. Apart from any separatist organisations deemed to pose an immediate threat to the Republic's stability, no political groups are to be suppressed.

(( And no changes to national foci. ))

((What of Commander of the Gendarmerie? What is your official criteria for "organizations deemed to pose an immediate threat" in game terms? Trust me, you don't want to give me that much leeway. :)))

((What of Commander of the Gendarmerie? What is your official criteria for "organizations deemed to pose an immediate threat" in game terms? Trust me, you don't want to give me that much leeway. :)))

((Ah, I knew I'd forgotten something...))

I have decided to give the position of Commander of the Gendarmerie to Michael von Hohenzollern. (( There you go, there's some leeway! :p ))

(( For "organizations deemed to pose an immediate threat", read "movements with a Radicalism number that has turned red" - which I think happens somewhere between 50% and 75%, though I forget the actual threshold. ))

---

((It would make zero sense for the rest of the NLPD assemblymen to go with him, as he is only one person in the government. The rest have minds themselves.))

(( Yeah, I agree - that's why I called for the minimum-wage vote recount in the first place, I didn't think it made much sense for the sixty-six to follow the Liberator in his resignation from the NLPD.

Although sometimes zero-sense nonphysical rule-consequences can turn into intriguing emergent stranger-than-fiction narrative, if you find interesting ways to force them into the storyline. So I think I can possibly be forgiven for rooting for the stranger outcome! ))

((Although laughably few people voted on the amendments, everybody was in favor (except Dadarian :D), so we'll call them passed. I'll play and update tonight!))

((Although laughably few people voted on the amendments, everybody was in favor (except Dadarian :D), so we'll call them passed. I'll play and update tonight!))

((The speech will come after the update if that is alright. Haven't had time or the inspiration to make one.))

URGENT NEWS BULLETIN:

24 December 1871

Herren of the Reichstag,

I have horrendous news. Earlier this afternoon, I received a troubling note from the British Foreign Minister. He demanded that the German army leave "British" soil at once or suffer the consequences. I rejected his patently absurd suggestion, as Plymouth is sovereign soil of the Republic of Germany, and has been since the British were defeated. The British Foreign Minister then politely informed me that I was no longer welcome in London. A state of war now exists between the British Empire and Germany. Our allies have abandoned us, save Morea. The war with Athens has gone on too long without result.

If we are prepared to cede Plymouth, then we can extricate ourselves from this conflict without further issue. If we do choose to fight, it will be alone.

German Ambassador to the British Empire, recently arrived in Amsterdam

It is up to the Foreign Minister to propose what we do in this war. We do have African cores on British soil ((a small chunk of roughly Tunisia). We could also expend some infamy to propose our own war goal. ((We have 13.61 infamy at present.)) Finally, we could pursue a White Peace; that is, to fight the British long enough for them to recognize the status quo ante bellum. At that point, we vote on it. As a formal declaration of war is not required, with the British declaring war on us, the vote is Assembly only.

Chief Justice of the Supreme Court

How dare those British claim land that is rightfully German! If they want war, then they should get war. Apparently we did not crush them nearly enough last time to instill the proper respect they owe our nation. I say this time we seek complete and utter victory. Their empire should be dismantled, subjugated peoples set free, and army and navy wiped off this earth. They must be taught that to trifle with Germany is to invoke an unforgiving wrath that would see the British people return to the muck they crawled forth from.

- Wilhelm von Vandenburg

How dare those British claim land that is rightfully German! If they want war, then they should get war. Apparently we did not crush them nearly enough last time to instill the proper respect they owe our nation. I say this time we seek complete and utter victory. Their empire should be dismantled, subjugated peoples set free, and army and navy wiped off this earth. They must be taught that to trifle with Germany is to invoke an unforgiving wrath that would see the British people return to the muck they crawled forth from.

- Wilhelm von Vandenburg
How can you claim to want to 'set free their subjugated people', yet call for us to subjugate them in return? It is the height of hypocrisy, I say. You are punishing people for the mere 'crime' of being british. It is the british government that is responsible for this war and if anyone deserves to be punished it is their government, not the british people.

- A very indignant Aderlbert af Ambroose

((what exactly are we voting on, if anything?))

Once again we see the base moral character of the Scottish tyrant. Well, I don't believe there is any real question of our ceding Somerset to the United Kingdom; the only question in my mind is, should we be satisfied to merely hold back the Scottish armies, or should we enact some further humiliation on the United Kingdom for its transgression?

Personally, I wonder whether the Liberator's scheme to Liberate the peoples of Ireland now deserves a further look. In the absence of an actual armed conflict, such a suggestion was never going to gain the support of the Assembly - but now it seems Britain needs some further "discouragement" from its wars of unprovoked agression, and I suspect that the loss of the "Emerald Isle" may go some way to serving that purpose. While I would personally prefer the full abolition of the British monarchy and the establishment of a truly democratic government, an independent Irish state has the advantage of actually being obtainable.

(( By the way, Avindian, could we please have a name for the "Scottish tyrant"? Britain is apparently HM's Government at the moment, but I'm assuming - despite the game name - that HM is not Victoria, since in this timeline Great Britain was formed by Scotland (and the whole idea of a House of Hanover takes us into odd Republican territory anyway). So can we have some other figure for us to caricature? ))

How can you claim to want to 'set free their subjugated people', yet call for us to subjugate them in return? It is the height of hypocrisy, I say. You are punishing people for the mere 'crime' of being british. It is the british government that is responsible for this war and if anyone deserves to be punished it is their government, not the british people.

- A very indignant Aderlbert af Ambroose

((what exactly are we voting on, if anything?))

At no point did I say that we should subjugate the British people. What I desire is to cripple them to the point where their ability or desire to wage war against us no longer exists. Inevitably the British people will suffer in the process, but that is something brought upon them by their own government. They should have thought of that before they had the audacity to demand German land.

Herr Adimari has a valid point about the Liberator's idea. Releasing Ireland from British control will severely weaken British power within Europe and perhaps even give us a potential ally to use against them in the future. At this point it is more a question of how it will weaken the British rather than if the Irish desire freedom or not.

- Wilhelm von Vandenburg

- Wilhelm von Vandenburg

At no point did I say that we should subjugate the British people. What I desire is to cripple them to the point where their ability or desire to wage war against us no longer exists. Inevitably the British people will suffer in the process, but that is something brought upon them by their own government. They should have thought of that before they had the audacity to demand German land.

Herr Adimari has a valid point about the Liberator's idea. Releasing Ireland from British control will severely weaken British power within Europe and perhaps even give us a potential ally to use against them in the future. At this point it is more a question of how it will weaken the British rather than if the Irish desire freedom or not.

- Wilhelm von Vandenburg
You suggest that the british peoples should 'return to the muck they crawled forth from.' If this is not subjugating them, what is?

- Adelbert af Ambroose

You suggest that the british peoples should 'return to the muck they crawled forth from.' If this is not subjugating them, what is?

- Adelbert af Ambroose

Sir, subjugating is what the British are trying to do to the German people in Plymouth!

~ Friedrich von Hohenstaufen, Chief of the General Staff

Sir, subjugating is what the British are trying to do to the German people in Plymouth!

~ Friedrich von Hohenstaufen, Chief of the General Staff
So, was it the british goverment who declared war on us or the humble farmer? Perhaps you did not hear me say: 'It is the british government that is responsible for this war and if anyone deserves to be punished it is their government, not the british people.'

A Speech to the Nation

Today we face a new dawn of a new era in the German History. For countless of years, we have been feeding a war machine of unkown proporsions. A massive amount of German men died in these wars of our republic. We have been victorious in all of our wars and our enemies fear us. However, a state cannot run on fear and therefore we will see an era of peace, friendship and prosperity.

Even though I preach for peace and friendship, many nations still wants to subjugate us, the chosen people. We have been at peace, until the vile Scots of Great Britain, have demanded that we secede Plymoth, even though it has been under our benevolent rule for centuries and the spawn of satan will never get it hands on. If they want war, we'll take the war to them. We'll burn their farms, kill their soldiers, take their territory and free their supressed people of the Isles. After we have beaten the British into to submission, we will have the national peace that god will give the Republic.

Many have asked, what the Minister of Social Affairs will do. After a lot of discussions, we have decided, what the Ministry will be responsible for:

1. He will control and advice on Social Reforms in our Republic.
2. He will have a say in the interior policies in our Republic so it benefits the people best possible.
3. He will have a say in the flow of money that is given to the social movements and how many money that the people can afford to pay in tax((taxes and social spending))

~ Konrad von Schwaben, Chancellor of the German Republic

Herr Schwaben,

Again, a formal cabinet post requires a Constitutional Amendment. Herr von Gogh may be your unofficial advisor, but for him to have legal authority, the Amendment must be passed. You may introduce this amendment at the January 1872 meeting of the Reichstag.

Chief Justice of the Supreme Court

((PTSnoop, if somebody wants to come up with a name, they can. :) Vicky 2 doesn't generate ruler names.

NachoEater, we aren't voting until the FM (poke, poke, Sakura_F) makes the policy.))

The Nuremberg Press
Sunday, 24 December, 1871|2 Pfennige

EXTRA:BRITAIN DECLARES WAR

This afternoon the German Ambassador to the United Kingdom and his staff arrived in Amsterdam. The ambassador then promptly informed Government in Nuremberg that a state of war exists between the German Republic and the United Kingdom. The Ambassador says that the Britons have declared for the lands of Plymouth not previously sold to the United Kingdom many years ago. The britons seem to have forgotten the generosity we have shown them many years ago. Due to the ongoing stalemate in Athenes all of Germany's allies have forsaken her save for Morena. Nonetheless Chancellor Von Schwaben has declared in his remarks that “We'll burn their farms, kill their soldiers,take their territory…” It appears that this conflict will be a test for the German Navy long called “obsolete” by some of the more hawkish members of the Reichstag. For obvious reasons this story is developing and we will have more information in the regular monday morning edition of The Nuremberg Press.

Last edited:
The Nuremberg Press
Sunday, 24 December, 1871|2 Pfennige

EXTRA:BRITAIN DECLARES WAR

This afternoon the German Ambassador to the United Kingdom and his staff arrived in Amsterdam. The ambassador then promptly informed Government in Nuremberg that a state of war exists between the German Republic and the United Kingdom. The Ambassador says that the Britons have declared for the lands of Plymouth not previously sold to the United Kingdom many years ago. The britons seem to have forgotten the generosity we have shown them many years ago. Due to the ongoing stalemate in Athenes all of Germany's allies have forsaken her save for Morena. Nonetheless Chancellor Von Schwaben has declared in his remarks that “We'll burn their farms, kill their soldiers,take their territory…” It appears that this conflict will be a test for the German Navy long called “obsolete” by some of the more hawkish members of the Reichstag. For obvious reasons this story is developing and we will have more information in the regular monday morning edition of The Nuremberg Press.

((Can you change the font color on these? I'm gathering you use the Hearts of Iron template, but I use the EU template and it's hard to read. :) If you leave out the color specification, it will automatically default to a readable font for everyone!))

It seems that the Schotten have pulled our hand. While I regret having to send good German boys to their deaths by any means, we must show the British we don't fear them or their little Empire.

I have a couple of plans that the Reichstag may be interested in.

Unternehmen Seelöwe (Operation Sealion)
- Defense of Plymouth from British invasion
- Liberation of Tunis from British hands and the annexation of German cores
- Liberation of Ireland from British authority to weaken their naval and military projection capability

Unternehmen Weltadler (Operation World Eagle)
- Annexation of the region of Southeast England (Duchy of Kent) or - Annexation of the region encompassing the former Duchy of Wessex by the old Anglo-Saxons

Unternehmen Wüstenfuchs (Operation Desert Fox)
- Annexation of a lucrative region of British Africa to expand German trade and economic glory.

Unternehmen "Alex von Bern" Operation "Alex von Bern"
- Liberation of Ireland from British authority to weaken their naval and military projection capability
- Annexation of the region of Southeast England (Duchy of Kent) or - Annexation of the region encompassing the former Duchy of Wessex by the old Anglo-Saxons

I open all four plans to discussion and debate -- you are welcome to ask questions.