“El Dorado” Expansion for Europa Universalis IV Lets You Go For Gold

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I really hope naval matters will get a much-needed boost.

Nice Developers: there is a reason noone will choose the Naval idea group, and few Maritime as well, the sea is just not important compared to land. Please look at the designs and see if you cant give the navies some love.

If, after this DLC, I can sometimes say: "yes, I want to pick Naval (or Maritime) as my next idea group, it would be the right choice", instead of laughing at the screen when I see them, then it could be considered a real success.

I remember when Maritime and Naval were a single idea in the diplo group. That was the last time I ever picked a naval idea. I never really understood the nerf because naval wasn't that great back then anyways. It was like having your cake and eating it too...but it was a stale cake.

Finally they made a DLC around the Dutch hero Piet Hein! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piet_Pieterszoon_Hein

Piet_Hein.jpg

Thinking about it with perspective, though... Three (or possibly even four) of the "feature" bullet points listed are for Western nations, whereas only a single point goes towards Mesoamerica and South America.
Depend on how the religion mechanic work though, each could be its own bullet point...

WoN was announced in January and released in May. It is also much smaller than AoW. I think next month is extremely optimistic.
In my opinion, WoN was announced simply to have something to be announced in PDXCon without any of its feature in development yet (because they still work on CoP)...
While El Dorado should've been at work at least since November (because A_Spec already tried to hide it when the MP stream began in early December)...

YES!!!!!!!

Time to go through the valley of the shadows, riding on, in search of El Dorado!

Some more details on how the Treaty of Tord... works would be nice. How does this work with non-Catholic countries? Does it have any effect on North American colonization at all? More details on the pirate/gold fleet mechanics would be good too.

Nice Developers: there is a reason noone will choose the Naval idea group, and few Maritime as well, the sea is just not important compared to land. Please look at the designs and see if you cant give the navies some love.

In my humble opinion the naval warfare could use a complete overhaul, in the lines of what has been done for naval warfare in HOI4. Instead of micro managing fleets you assign them missions in specific naval areas and no more 500 vs 500 ships naval battle but more sporadic engagements.

It depends on how much has been done before the announcements. We have no way of knowing that.

We know roughly how much time they've had. CoP launch -> WoN launch = 4.5 months. 1.5 -> WoN launch = 3 months and change.

AoW + 4.5 months = mid-March.
1.9 + >3 months = late March.

Christmas has in the middle of that, of course, so it would have less development time than WoN if it came out before April. That's not to say it won't, the code may be in better state than after CoP, or they may now spend more time on DLC than patch stuff, or they may have developed ED in parallel with earlier stuff but not WoN, or...

More DLCs, yay!

(I'm being sarcastic)

In my opinion, WoN was announced simply to have something to be announced in PDXCon without any of its feature in development yet (because they still work on CoP)...
While El Dorado should've been at work at least since November (because A_Spec already tried to hide it when the MP stream began in early December)...
CoP was announced Nov 4 and launched Jan 14. I'm not saying that it will be these exact timeframes, I don't work for the company. All I'm saying is I think it's setting the bar a bit high to expect it next month.

Nice features, pdx, looking forward to it

CoP was announced Nov 4 and launched Jan 14. I'm not saying that it will be these exact timeframes, I don't work for the company. All I'm saying is I think it's setting the bar a bit high to expect it next month.
I know, but the difference is, as something I want to get across, I am almost certain this DLC has been in development for quite sometimes unlike previous DLC which most of the time barely began when announced so I don't think it is too high to expect it released in about a month...
Another thing to consider, previously, when a DLC is announced, they don't release a trailer along with it, at earliest a trailer is released when they are about a month from being released (Rajas of India for example)...

The DLC has been in development since the end of AoW, parallel with the 1.9 patches. Wiz stated as much.

Expecting it by the end of next month is reasonable, and likely.

Also... all this hype... I remember how hyped people were about CoP... and then it came out...

Shiny eyes. *__*

A precious DLC to come. Hail Paradox !
(I know it will be like a gold rush... but could you please take your time to release it ? DLCs mined with bugs tend to spoil the discovery's pleasure. Otherwise I'll send Quetzalcoatl to haunt you, or at least to bring you the (gold) fever.)

+1

one can still atleast hope for more horde units in the patch ..
You are certainly... let's call it optimistic.

What I'm worried about is that one of the mechanics they wanted to show on the stream was ONLY for the Aztecs. What if the Aztecs aren't the dominant nation in Mesoamerica? What if the Aztecs don't exist at all?