“El Dorado” Expansion for Europa Universalis IV Lets You Go For Gold

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
so useless dlc, south america is useless and unimportant, more internal mechanics and something to do in peacetime would be way more better. i also dont like this fantasy stuff like azetcs invade europa with sunset or something

South America is by no means useless and unimportant

[video=youtube;JcOfJwN0bdY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcOfJwN0bdY&spfreload=10[/video]

I expect nothing less than this ^

Huh, sounds interesting, although now I'm worried that my EUIV skills will plummet from me not caring anymore about playing historical nations and just making a custom Holy Brazilian Empire where every national idea is +25% discipline
Overall I'm cautiously optimistic though, hopefully this expansion also gives Central and South America the love it deserves

Holy swedish meatballs this is awesome!

Paradox, with the Nation designer coming, you should add the religions, and ideas from the Ck2 converter to the base game so they can be used in an unmodded game with the designer.
Assuming it's as powerful as the Ck2 ruler designer.

I'd love to make a Zoroastrian nation in a non-modded multiplayer game.

Huh, sounds interesting, although now I'm worried that my EUIV skills will plummet from me not caring anymore about playing historical nations and just making a custom Holy Brazilian Empire where every national idea is +25% discipline
Overall I'm cautiously optimistic though, hopefully this expansion also gives Central and South America the love it deserves
In the CK2 ruler creator you get an older ruler for good traits and a younger ruler for bad traits. I don't know how they will do it here, but there will most likely be a points system of some sorts that limits you from simply taking all the greatest ideas in the game at no cost.

Humm no Reindeer Cavalry? :( Oh well...

I really hope naval matters will get a much-needed boost.

Nice Developers: there is a reason noone will choose the Naval idea group, and few Maritime as well, the sea is just not important compared to land. Please look at the designs and see if you cant give the navies some love.

If, after this DLC, I can sometimes say: "yes, I want to pick Naval (or Maritime) as my next idea group, it would be the right choice", instead of laughing at the screen when I see them, then it could be considered a real success.

(Please spend time balancing game between releasing expansions, okay? Good game can be even better.)

Made an account basically to ask these two questions, heh.

1) When making a custom nation, does it have to be on uncolonised lands?
2) Can you make custom nations while in Multiplayer

As someone who basically always plays multiplayer, this is deeply important for me.

Yes, thats the plan.

I don't really intend to play in the Americas as an American nation, but the nation designer, gold hauling fleets and Papal intervention all seem really interesting.

Well, considering that AoW is way bigger than El Dorado, next month seems fine.
WoN was announced in January and released in May. It is also much smaller than AoW. I think next month is extremely optimistic.

WoN was announced in January and released in May. It is also much smaller than AoW. I think next month is extremely optimistic.
It depends on how much has been done before the announcements. We have no way of knowing that.