• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I vote YES on the Peymann Amendment.

Signed,
Otto von Bismarck

I would like to change my Nay vote to an Abstain vote.

((Yes, you may change your vote, for the record.))

((Dr. Fellman is being investigated for connections with separatist groups in Germany. He has not been released. We are all waiting for the GM to provide a result representing our Gendarme. Pretty standard IAAR fare.))

I change my vote from: Abstain >> Nay

Here is the text of my 2158:

Originally Posted by Avindian View Post

With the illuminating discussion I had with Stadtholder Meier earlier today, I request permission from the Assembly to pursue an agreement with the Papal States to either secure right-of-passage through Papal Lands or invest in their railways as a precursor to signing an economic agreement with them. ((So, MA with the Papal States or sphering them through diplomatic needs, using investments to help shift things in our favor.))​

I vote in favor of this proposal

Hals Gutfreund, Assembly and Minister of War

I also vote Aye for the Peynmann amendment

((Dr. Fellman is being investigated for connections with separatist groups in Germany. He has not been released. We are all waiting for the GM to provide a result representing our Gendarme. Pretty standard IAAR fare.))

((Wait, you're waiting on me to decide? TBH, I'd rather have somebody else represent the Gendarmerie. If it's going to play an important role in the iAAR going forward, might even be a good idea to have a separate character play the Head of the Gendarmerie, subject to the Peymann Amendment or whatever the ultimate result ends up being.))

((Wait, you're waiting on me to decide? TBH, I'd rather have somebody else represent the Gendarmerie. If it's going to play an important role in the iAAR going forward, might even be a good idea to have a separate character play the Head of the Gendarmerie, subject to the Peymann Amendment or whatever the ultimate result ends up being.))

((Nah, as the GM of the IAAR it is your responsibility to represent all matters that are not represented by PCs. As their is no head of the Gendarmerie, that falls to you. We await your decision.))

((If we're going to be doing this quite often, I'd rather have a player control the Gendarmerie. Plus, gives more opportunities for RP. But, for the present...))

Herr Minister,

I can find no conclusive evidence of any sort of unsavory activity in Dr. Fellman's background. Unless, of course, you count being a filthy liberal, but we can't lock them all up just for that, can we? :laughs nervously:

... Can we?

Head of the Corps of Gendarmerie

((If we're going to be doing this quite often, I'd rather have a player control the Gendarmerie. Plus, gives more opportunities for RP. But, for the present...))

Herr Minister,

I can find no conclusive evidence of any sort of unsavory activity in Dr. Fellman's background. Unless, of course, you count being a filthy liberal, but we can't lock them all up just for that, can we? :laughs nervously:

... Can we?

No, if he is free of illegal activity he is free to go.

No, if he is free of illegal activity he is free to go.

Then he is released by your order, Herr Minister.

((How about voting on the Peymann Amendment, Brothersid? You're it as far as UAI Conclave goes.))

Then he is released by your order, Herr Minister.

((How about voting on the Peymann Amendment, Brothersid? You're it as far as UAI Conclave goes.))
I thank those of you who fought for my freedom. After a briefing from my staff I vote Yea to Herr Pennymen's proposal.
((According to the Internal Security Act the Minister of the Intiror has the right to choose a Head of the Corps but it must be confirmed by majority vote of conclave))

With that vote, voting is closed.

The diplomatic negotiations with the Papal States are authorized, by a vote of 454 votes in favor, 46 abstaining. The Peymann Amendment also passes, 470 votes in favor to 30 votes abstaining in the Assembly, and 65 votes in favor, 17 against, and 18 votes abstaining in the Conclave.

I will play tonight, or tomorrow at the latest (hopefully tonight). Dadarian, as Brothersid points out, you can certainly appoint somebody to fill the role of Head of the Corps of Gendarmerie with a majority vote of the Conclave.

((Just interested, Is it possible for the head of the Gendarmerie to Arrest the minister of the Interior ?))

((If one is ever appointed.))

((Just interested, Is it possible for the head of the Gendarmerie to Arrest the minister of the Interior ?))

((Theoretically, yes, but the same protections that apply to any member of the Reichstag apply to him as well.))

((Okay, some real weirdness going on in this last year. I'll post an official update tomorrow, but here's the weirdness:

1 -- I was unable to add the wargoal for Champagne. Plenty of jingoism, no problem with infamy, but the button to proceed was greyed out. Since this was clearly a bug, I used the console to give us Champagne after the war.

2 -- France surrendered on both wargoals, but Spain didn't get Leon-Castille as they should have (even though it was clearly indicated as a wargoal and even offered in their surrender. Again, console fixed it, but still weird.)

3 -- Castille jumped Grenada, who is in France's sphere [smart move, Castille]. The "Call to Arms" flashed for a split second, then vanished, possibly because we have a truce with France?

4 -- For the record, I added one more province, which I'll explain in the update itself, which would have been entirely surrounded by German territory. It was part of French Franche-Comte.

If anybody can offer explanations for some or all of this weirdness, I'd appreciate it.))

((Okay, some real weirdness going on in this last year. I'll post an official update tomorrow, but here's the weirdness:

1 -- I was unable to add the wargoal for Champagne. Plenty of jingoism, no problem with infamy, but the button to proceed was greyed out. Since this was clearly a bug, I used the console to give us Champagne after the war.

2 -- France surrendered on both wargoals, but Spain didn't get Leon-Castille as they should have (even though it was clearly indicated as a wargoal and even offered in their surrender. Again, console fixed it, but still weird.)

3 -- Castille jumped Grenada, who is in France's sphere [smart move, Castille]. The "Call to Arms" flashed for a split second, then vanished, possibly because we have a truce with France?

4 -- For the record, I added one more province, which I'll explain in the update itself, which would have been entirely surrounded by German territory. It was part of French Franche-Comte.

If anybody can offer explanations for some or all of this weirdness, I'd appreciate it.))

((For RP purposes, we can say that Franche-Comte was overthrown by German citizens ala 2014 Crimea. As for the "grayed out add CB" button, perhaps it could be because of warscore?))

((For RP purposes, we can say that Franche-Comte was overthrown by German citizens ala 2014 Crimea. As for the "grayed out add CB" button, perhaps it could be because of warscore?))

((I wonder if you have to have enough warscore for all existing goals before you can add a new one. Could that be it?

Update coming in an hour or two; got something else to do first.))