• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((As a reminder -- the aid to Spain vote is Assembly only.))

I vote aye to the war plan. While it would do Germany good to have a period of peace, it would do the germans living in Pomerania a disservice to not be united with us.

FM

I vote no to the war with Pomerania. The People are tired of war with its assosited cost human and otherwise. The Finance plan shall be changed according to our votes on the war measure.

Against war with Pomerania. We'll never achieve Germany's real economic potential without a prolonged period of peace.

Against subsidising Spain. A well-intentioned proposal, but as long as Germany's allies know that we are a soft touch, they'll keep begging for money and men.

I am against war with Pomerania. My reasons have not changed since the last time this possibility was brought up.

I am similarly against subsidizing the ambitions of Castile any further. They have taken advantage of our support too often already and any nation base enough as to break a peace treaty so soon after it was signed is not one that should be encouraged.

I ABSTAIN on a war against Pommern, and I vote NEIN on further aid to Castille. They are causing us undue burdens.

After further review and discussion with my more experienced peers, I have decided to vote yea on the subject of war with Pomerania.

After further review and discussion with my more experienced peers, I have decided to vote yea on the subject of war with Pomerania.

I appreciate your decision to reconsider, Herr von Hohenstaufen. Your flexibility is why Herr Unger selected you for membership, I am sure.

Michael von Hohenzollern

Upon further consideration, and the fact that I see Pommerania as only an abysmal amount of threat in comparison to France, I change my vote from Abstain to JA to go to war with them.

Oh, what the hell. What good's a Minister of War if he can't have a war.

Ja to war with Pommerania

Ja to subsidizing Castile

Hals Gutfreund, Minister of War, Assembly

Ja to both proposals. We must support our brothers in arms and German patriots

Voting is closed. The declaration of war on Pomerania passes, 324 votes to 176 in the Assembly, and 60 votes to 40 in the Conclave. The policy of aid to Spain also passes, 258 votes to 242. ((Our closest vote yet!))

Any and all other proposals may now be received. ((One point of clarification with NFs, Dadarian -- it's been so long that I'd forgotten if our goal was 2% Clergy or 4% Clergy per province. :D))

((One point of clarification with NFs, Dadarian -- it's been so long that I'd forgotten if our goal was 2% Clergy or 4% Clergy per province. :D))

(3%))

The details are still being finalized, but I hope to share the latest industrial plan with you all soon. I believe I have found a way to achieve Herr Peyman's request to connect the Meir line to our capital. We cannot put rails over the alps, but we can go around.

FM

As a first order of business, I again appoint Friedrich von Hohenstaufen as Chief of the General Staff of the Navy, and Hugo Unger as Chief of the General Staff of the Army. Each appointment is in effect immediately, and will terminate upon the end of hostilities with Pommerania.

Second, I believe the time has come to update our forces. Subject to budgetary constraints, I wish to raise enough Engineer brigades to assign one to half of our active regular Armies (not including the Hussar only armies). In addition, it is time for our Navy to move into the steam age. We need to make up the losses of transports incurred in the late war with France, and I propose they be replaced on a 1 for 1 basis with Steam Transports. We should also begin to replace our sailing Frigates with steam-powered Commerce Raiders, again, on a 1 for 1 basis.

Hals Gutfreund, Minister of War.