• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So any news on this AAR?

Just bumping this up and adding a small rant of mine:

I am in the early 1000s in my own Roman playthrough and the crazy stuff happening have no end...

It seems, the most honorable Angeloi have a hand for success. I found that in my recent game:
Incidentally it's the first time I see the AI form Taurika. They aren't byzantine Emperors yet, but the year is only 990 so there's still time for that. And boy, does the Byzantines need rightful and godlike rulers like them...
Obviously the grace of Our Lord Iesus Kristos encompassess all timelines - in every world the glorious House Angelos is protecting the Christendom from the barbarians!
Hint: use assassins to make sure Angeloi inherit the Imperium, I'm sure it will be a dawn of new era for the Romans (and boy they need it).
I was making a guess really, never used the random new world generator. I find it a bit distasteful.
Yeah, random new world is rather ugly.
How many years remain in the old game?
Right now in my playthrough I'm in 1421 and I'm playint until 10 November 1444, so 23 years.
So any news on this AAR?
Just bumping this up and adding a small rant of mine:
I am in the early 1000s in my own Roman playthrough and the crazy stuff happening have no end...
The news are I'm writing the next chapter :) In the meantime I can give you the accursed barbarian whose slaves brought a terrible end to the long and prosperous reign of Luis II Angelos:

cUDQqAz.jpg

And yeah, the sooner you start the more crazy are the outcomes - 867 start produces really weird settings :)

Obviously the grace of Our Lord Iesus Kristos encompassess all timelines - in every world the glorious House Angelos is protecting the Christendom from the barbarians!
Hint: use assassins to make sure Angeloi inherit the Imperium, I'm sure it will be a dawn of new era for the Romans (and boy they need it).

That would be a story for the cronicles, wouldn't it? Brought on the imperial throne by the help of assassins of the Suomenusko (Reformed) Queen Taimi the Great of Suomi. Not that the Angeloi would need such help of course.

In MY Rome game, the Karlings got replaced with Jutes. All the remaining Karlings are Doux vassals of the Imperium.

The Karlings are an afterthought in mine, my ducal dynasty has replaced them completely. Europe is already under Roman rule, what remains is for them to accept the fact and bow before the throne of Caesars in Constantinople.

The Cataphracts are playing Euro-Police as we speak.

This was one hell of read! I really like your way of telling the story although I'm a bit sad that we'll be leaving CK2 soon. EU IV is a great game but it lacks the storytelling capacities of this game. It all feels more involved and epic.

I'm curious to see what you'll do with it. I'll be folowing :)

Me: Doesn't maiming and murdering your kids disqualify you from saint hood?
Roman Solider: *taps sword*
Me: I meen.. ughh… Saint Markos is the holiest of holy emperors and his decedents are God's shield for Christendom!
Roman Solider: *nods head + thumbs up*
Me: *wipes sweat from brow*

Me: I meen.. ughh… Saint Markos is the holiest of holy emperors and his decedents are God's shield for Christendom!

The Blessed Saint Markos suffered as much as his children, they were traitors clearly in league with the Bishop of Rome.

In MY Rome game, the Karlings got replaced with Jutes. All the remaining Karlings are Doux vassals of the Imperium.
As they should be!
That would be a story for the cronicles, wouldn't it? Brought on the imperial throne by the help of assassins of the Suomenusko (Reformed) Queen Taimi the Great of Suomi. Not that the Angeloi would need such help of course.
Of course. But yes, that would be quite a tale.
The Karlings are an afterthought in mine, my ducal dynasty has replaced them completely. Europe is already under Roman rule, what remains is for them to accept the fact and bow before the throne of Caesars in Constantinople.
The Cataphracts are playing Euro-Police as we speak.
What a glorious vision - xenoi eliminated and all good Christians united by the Throne...
This was one hell of read! I really like your way of telling the story although I'm a bit sad that we'll be leaving CK2 soon. EU IV is a great game but it lacks the storytelling capacities of this game. It all feels more involved and epic.
I'm curious to see what you'll do with it. I'll be folowing :)
I'm confident that EUIV will be just as interesting as the CK2 version. The descendents of Saint Markos shall live on!
Thank you very much! For obvious reasons EU4 is less focused on characters but on the other hand it gives a greater scope of the story. I'm going to use two mods - Purple Phoenix and Ruler Traits - to make it a little more character-focused and to bring lots of flavor for the Romans. It will be a new experience for me (writing AAR in EU4) but I hope it will be fun to write and to read :)
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over how holy Saint Markos Angelos was:

EmperorsWisdom.jpg

(Faithful and totally not exaggerated representation of His Greatness)

The Blessed Saint Markos suffered as much as his children, they were traitors clearly in league with the Bishop of Rome.
Obviously they were! But fear no more, brave knights of the Brotherhood are working tirelessly to eradicate Catholic scum.

The next chapter is on its way but to make waiting for it easier here's Europe A.D. 1395 for you to take a look at (and despair):

yLveMgX.jpg

The next chapter is on its way but to make waiting for it easier here's Europe A.D. 1395 for you to take a look at (and despair):

yLveMgX.jpg
Oh crap.

I think you need to get rid of those annoying speed bumps that keep the Ilkhanate and the Aztecs from their righteous eternal war with each other. I mean Poland, Bohemia, and the assorted other specks between the East and West. I guess Poland is an ally, so perhaps not them, but definitely hope that the Aztecs or Mongols take out Bohemia and then start clawing at each others' throats. Otherwise... Otherwise it's not so much a case of waiting for the hammer to fall, but rather which hammer will fall first and how soon the others will follow suit. The Aztecs, the Ilkhanate, the Timurids - I always knew they were bad news, but this map really drives home just how big and powerful they all are.

If you let the Aztecs be like that its gonna be bad news in EU4. The Timurids and the Ilkhanate might collapse, AI there has trouble keeping large multicultured empires in one piece (that might not be true due to the character mod though).

I like the fact that its not only my Europe that has displaced nations. That Pisa and Bulgaria... In mine I have Lotharignia....eh crap I am bored typing heres a map of my own semi madness too early for Aztecs and Timmies though (hope you dont mind, just posting to keep things up till the next chapter :) )

bitmap.png

Seljuk was a bit retarded (literally slow trait dynasty :D ) and took the wrong turn, how lucky I was?

Lotharignia is ruled by my cousin.
Italy by my nephew (as long as my AI son doesn't completely take it over...)
Burgundy by my son and heir.

And we are best pals with Asturias.

Oh btw you should definitely land the holy orders if you haven't done so already.
Most of everything down of Egypt is their doing alone :D They most certainly hate Myaphisite hairyticks :p

EDIT: Removed and replaced the Image with a newer one because apparently there was a problem.

This one shows my inheritance of the crown of Burgundy and as well as the first fragmentation of Seljuk, sprutting a Volga Bulgaria.

Last edited:
Yikes, the Aztecs really made inroads in Europe. That's the most land I've ever seen them take! I don't envy you for being surrounded by three hostile blobs. At least they're all different religions and therefore (theoretically) as disposed to fighting one another as fighting you.