Hearts of Iron IV - Development Diary 1 - Our Vision

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Map looks great (even with all the errors and "pre-alpha"ness) :D

Can't wait to hear more. It is going to be a looooooong year :)

*F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5*

omg omg omg wiiiii!

Looks nice – but beauty is entirely secondary for a good strategy game.

You guys don't know the half of it yet. I've seen the map up-close, and even in Pre-alpha I was impressed. Not just the better looking topographical map, but the fact that they are combining the political and topographical maps into one. So when you're zoomed out, it looks more like the political map, but the further you zoom in the more opaque the colours become and you see more of the terrain features. It looks absolutely amazing.

I can confirm the presence of lights on cities during night-time as well. Obviously this was pre-alpha though, so it's all subject to change, but I hope they keep the core premise of what I've seen so far.

Yup! Atm city lights turn off this far out for performance reasons but hopefully we can improve that as we go on.

Really like the Day-Night on the map.

The map's really awesome! Any chance you'd include city lights for the night-time parts of the map? You know, like

earth_night.jpg

or rather

sunmap.php

Love this + the mini explosions during battles idea.

1936 to 1948? So, no World War One and no 20s? And no Cold War? *sigh* :sad:

Last edited:
"For the micro-managers out there - you can still do very detailed plans and update them in real-time, which will basically work like the old manual control but the system will reward successful longer term plans, so expect to have a few things to learn! "

Could this part be specified or will we have to wait for further DD's? As it is, it seems you are giving something better to one style of gameplay vs the other and that does not sit well with me.