• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wiz

Is there a way to recognise the death of close relatives? I've often found it strange that nobody seems affected by the death of a child or spouse to a degree that it possibly effects them. For instance if a child / spouse dies (that a character has a good opinion of ... At least +25? +50?) - then could those close relatives who have lost the loved one get the Stressed / Depressed trait or even a new trait all together "Saddended with Loss" .. maybe it could stack if the trait is still active and theres another loss?

I had an ufortunate situation where my characters well loved and liked - Wife, 1st Son, 3rd Son and 1st Grandson died in 6 months .. and he never batted an eyelid.

Can anything be done with this?

Sure, not a bad idea. Made a note of it.

That's odd, all the system does is give them an education trait at 15, random characters should not be affected. I'll look into it.

Can you shed some light on that btw? I mean what we should look for in educators etc?

I was playing a duchess with 31 stewardship (literally her only base stat above 5) and all church-friendly traits, midas-touched and she personally tutored every one of her 4 children and none of them went midas, and 2 of them went indulgent wastrel, 1 thrifty and 1 fortune even though they all had 10+ stewardship.

Even with midas touched and the kid having 10+ base, its only a 25% chance of the kid becoming midas touched (the level 4 traits are supposed to be rare). You were really unlucky on 2 being indulgent wastrels though. Basically what to look for is the same - high stats and a good education trait - its just that its no longer guaranteed to take.

OK, I tried making BLC into an optional module and with it disabled the memory footprint is down to 1.1gb. I'll release an adapted 1.13 with BLC as an optional module for the people having issues after I test a few more things.

Shaytana, as much as I love the visual cultural identities, it might be worth consolidating some of the culture graphical groups (like say, Croatian and West Slavic, or Iberian and Catalan) since the main memory usage seems to come from all the graphical assets the game loads.

For the people having performance issues with 1.13, here's 1.14 which is basically 1.13 with BLC as an optional module. Be sure to delete old version before installing, as some files have been removed from the main install.

1.14:
- Better Looking Characters is now an optional module that requires the Mongol Faces DLC. If you are having issues with graphics, performance or load times, try playing without BLC as it increases CK2's memory usage considerably.

Download CK2Plus 1.14

Last edited:
Will this fix the transperant UI bug? (By disabling BLC or by itself)

It will fix it if you either disable BLC or (if you have more than 2gb of RAM) use the 2gb RAM fix. See FAQ in the OP for details.

The problem is that I did the 2gb fix. My computer has 4gbs of RAM and I still had the transperant UI bug. Do you know anything else that might be causing this?

btw, shouldn't the fix be to CK2.exe and not ck2game.exe?

The problem is that I did the 2gb fix. My computer has 4gbs of RAM and I still had the transperant UI bug. Do you know anything else that might be causing this?

btw, shouldn't the fix be to CK2.exe and not ck2game.exe?

Oh yeah, it should. Fixing.

If you still have the transparent bug I can only suggest trying to play without BLC.

Unrelated issue about the randomly generated characters: It seems like 95% of the time I spend 20gp to hire any new randomized character, they SUCK. Like, complete waste of 20gp suck. Like, gah now I have to take the time to marry this guy out matrilineally to get him out of my court.

They have education traits, but their base is always so terrible. I just went and hired a chancellor and he turned up a Charismatic Negotiator with 8 Diplo and 11 Stewardship. I guess the medieval era didn't have good job vetting utilities. :glare:

wiz what are the requirements to switch out from elective ? HRE in my current game hasnt been higher than minium authority for a very long time and they somehow managed to flip gavelkind and none of the recent emperors have had that high of prestige to do so

I was wondering whether there are heretic specific mercenaries?

wiz what are the requirements to switch out from elective ? HRE in my current game hasnt been higher than minium authority for a very long time and they somehow managed to flip gavelkind and none of the recent emperors have had that high of prestige to do so

It was probably a plot to institute Gavelkind.

Status
Not open for further replies.