• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm trying right now to make it possible. I have merge on_actions.txt already. But there is other files too to merge.

By the way i am on the childhood_personnality_traits_event.txt and i have see this in the more flavor part

Should'nt it be "{num_traits= 3}" as it said that it was lowered from 5 to 3 ?

Anyway i will try it when im done with all this

Hey Jomen,
I suppose you're using WinMerge to compare both documents.
So 2 things:
"LOWERED FROM 5 TO 3" was a change I made while I was using "personlity = yes" traits (basically all "seven sins and virtues" vanilla traits plus a few more).
At the time, it was something like this:

Code:
NOT = { personality_traits = 3 } ######## LOWERED FROM 5 TO 3 BY ASH
Then, after some weeks of testing, I decided to strip all "personality = yes" from the vanilla traits , and leave only the modded "archetypes" as "personality = yes".
Once this was done, I went back to the files and substituted all "personality_traits" with "num_traits", redoing all the numbers to suit the mod.
BUT...
I left the comments on. :(
So they refer to some changes made before the actual numbe, you see?
In other words, the num_traits = 6 or num_traits = 5 are correct!
And the comments should be ignored, they only serve for modders to know which parts I meddled with...

Ok, on_actions.txt - this is the TRICKY one.
Why?
Because the whole mod depends on the chance of certain events firing...
What happens if you simply add Prince's event numbers there?
I don't know.
Maybe it will work fine.
...but maybe it will just make the FF events much rarer, and the whole experience with the mod will feel very shoddy.

In any case, let me know after, if you go ahead with this and... I don't know, maybe it might be a good idea to pm idib about it - he would probably know better than both of us how to integrate without messing his side (and posibily mine as well!).

Again, no idea how balanced this will feel with the PT mod.

Last edited:
I can try to help with the icon design, if you want, so that the mod become as transparent as possible with the vanilla game.

I'm not expert in icons, but that can be a good opportunity to train myself ^^

I so want to congratulate you for this mod, Ash. It's amazing. the only drawback: the graphics. As mentioned by Darkath, they need to be more CK2 style.

congrats on it, I also hope you get to make other-mods-compatible versions such as with CK2+ or work with bigger mods creators to assimilate this work into the mod in one way or another.

I can't stop saying congrats :p congrats! beautiful mod.

I so want to congratulate you for this mod, Ash. It's amazing. the only drawback: the graphics. As mentioned by Darkath, they need to be more CK2 style.

congrats on it, I also hope you get to make other-mods-compatible versions such as with CK2+ or work with bigger mods creators to assimilate this work into the mod in one way or another.

That's why I want to help :p

I'm already working on the blood/humor drop, here's a quick draft i made in 20 minutes
I used as a guidance the icons for traits like " Infirm " as the heart color can be used for blood, from this i'll try with other colors. I also need to find a proper way to display the mix with another humor type, the tiny drop on the side from OP is a good idea, but may be having the tiny drop inside the bigger drop can make it look like other icons.

6c099efb-1ac1-4382-b64c-e9a5be59f6d4.jpg

f61d7c9a-9932-434f-a8a5-7793e0561aee.jpg

(yikes, the compression to png was bad)

Last edited:
That's why I want to help :p

I'm already working on the blood/humor drop, here's a quick draft i made in 20 minutes

I liked the thin drop style that Ash designed orignally, maybe make it thinner? it also gives you more space to add the mix.

As for the mix, you know how all traits have a background? like a shield, a heart, etc. maybe the background symbol's color determine's the other humor.

I liked the thin drop style that Ash designed orignally, maybe make it thinner? it also gives you more space to add the mix.

As for the mix, you know how all traits have a background? like a shield, a heart, etc. maybe the background symbol's color determine's the other humor.

Yeah, the idea I have now is to have a bigger larger drop with a more pastel color (like above) and an inner thinner drop with a more vivid color to contrast.

the icon has to be large (to fill a square) or it will look off among other icons.

About the merging with an other mod ,

I tried , but for some reason i don't know, the archetype traits are not there . I see it in only one character at the moment. Other doesn't have one.

It works when i play only with your mod . I will PM Idib so or test again.

I'm good at working with existing graphics - while you're obviously good with original work - complementary don't you think ;) Anyway I may not have any suitable material so - I need to check the graphics in the mod up close.

It seems that it work now. But at the beginning of a scenario , adult doesn't have archetype. Only child does .

the only drawback: the graphics. As mentioned by Darkath, they need to be more CK2 style.

Noted on the graphics.
So far, this has been a one-man-show, so yeah, I'd love to collaborate and turn this into something bigger and better.

As for compatibility with bigger mods, yeah, let's see - not being that experienced, I'm being careful here not to commit to something beyond my abilities. ;)

I'm good at working with existing graphics - while you're obviously good with original work - complementary don't you think ;) Anyway I may not have any suitable material so - I need to check the graphics in the mod up close.

@grallonshpere and Darkath - yes, please!
I'd love some help on the icon dept.

Darkath, really liked what you've shown - the only this is: having a background is something that takes a bit of space and makes it too similar to the other traits while "archetypes" are supposed to be a bit more distinctive...

Does that make any sense?
Feel free to try whatever you want, you can pm me with results or - if you're feeling brave enough- post them here as well so we can get a feel from the "audience" ;)

EDIT 1 - Just saw some posts from above...

@XxIzualxX and JakobGood, great to hear from you!
Are you guys comfortable with mods and files? If so, I'd recommend you to check out the localisation file called "fflocalisation.csv" (you can open with notepad or notepad ++). There's already a great number of descriptions for traits and events - the events are numbered but you can check this file "ff_trait_notification_events.txt" to see what they refer to.

If not, please pm me, and we'll go through how this is being done... I apprecite the help, guys!

EDIT 2 - Good to hear from you, Rodri! I usually lurk around the GoT forum, always on the lookout for good ideas and inspiration :D
See what you think of the mod! And, in answering your question, sadly no events for "friends and foes" yet... But I can tell you're already thinking of something...
Let me hear it!! :cool:

Last edited:
If you haven't already, think about doing interface *.gfx files with custom names. I discovered this today. So alongside the vanilla traits.gfx I also have traits_pr.gfx. It helps a lot with compatibility.

I usually just use wikipedia for images because of fair use usage, though some folks here probably know more about the different licenses available for public domain. You are dealing mostly with 24x24 pixel images so you can't get too detailed. Let me know if I can help. And check out my Minor Titles mod for some ideas on using icons for minor titles and character modifiers in addition to traits.

I have modifiers for a lot of things that I haven't implemented yet like gifts and 'characters who are not' like the entourage icons for Medieval 2 if you know that game. For example, when you get the event for giving your wife a horse or hunting bird, I will have a special icon appear on her character sheet: just a little deal but still kind of cool--a white stallion will increase her popularity and fertility, while the worn out old sorrel will make her less attractive. Same for jewelry events. I also want to have an event to give your son a, ahem, dire wolf that grows with him: hunting wolves was a rather common pastime for the aristocracy, especially in western Europe, so finding a wolf pup might not be too far-fetched. Yeah and things like jesters, bards, poets, etc. following a character around, like M2TW has.

I can think of a lot of possibilities for events with your archetypes. :)

Love the time and effort you put into the opening posts, and downloading the mod now. You might want to put the link to download either at the top or bottom of the post, and on a seperate line, I actually had trouble finding it again after reading the 2 first posts.
I would be able to proofread some localization if you need, not a problem at all. English is my first language, send me a pm with the text you need edited.