• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have done a lot of work on updating F&F, but it's still far from done.

If you're going to set up a team for this, I recommend setting up a revision control repository on e.g. github or googlecode. Having tried being the integrator of all changes for Lux Invicta for a while, and currently back to helping with it after a repository was set up, I can tell you it eliminates a lot of stress and hassle.

I could give you basic help, but that would be if I could make heavy usage of the old F&F code.

A lot of stuff could be written simpler once we have access to the event target code Captain Gars is adding.

A lot of stuff could be written simpler once we have access to the event target code Captain Gars is adding.

Another reason to wait and plan before updating this mod to the patch (hotfix) after Charlemagne.

If you go HIP, you have to deal with getting permission from the devs of all the various components of HIP, or at least all the components you want to use. If you stick with the old version of CK2+ Ash had integrated/was in the process of integrating, I'd assume permission from Wiz would carry over, but if you want to update it to the new CK2+ you'd have to ask the current dev team.

You also have to decide what map to use, the old map (the one Ash was using looks close to the pre-TOG vanilla map), the post-ROI vanilla map with the expansion to India, or something else.

For me:post-ROI one, saves tons of time. For HIP we'll see but continue using CK2+ code with permission would be the simplest.

I've dealt with most of the stuff Validator reports, and am now going through stuff that error.log reports.

Want me to take lead on this?

I've dealt with most of the stuff Validator reports, and am now going through stuff that error.log reports.

Want me to take lead on this?
Would be great if you ask me. Do you need any help for the moment, though? Depends on Petbazooka I guess.

Oh, is this mod going to be revived or something?
Yes, richvh has started working by validating, Monphat wanted to and Petbazooka started planning earlier.

BTW: richvh, if you take the lead, it might be good to create a F&F revival thread.

ah man this mod was so awesome back in the day used to use this with shattered world O_O man that was fun!
hope to see it restored soon!
There is thread for the "restoration" here.