• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Since you're using the vanilla map, you should be able to just grab it from vanilla (see Scenarios\Inc and Db\Events\Reformation).

Thanks, I added this to the bottom of the scenario .eeg and it seems to have loaded the events :D

#######################################
#
# Calling Vanilla Reformation and pirates
#
#######################################

include = "scenarios\inc\Reformation_Events.inc"
include = "scenarios\inc\RNGC.inc"

include = "scenarios\inc\Pirates.inc"

And tomorrow I have set some time to look at events to add. (Or, for Basileos II to modify first ;))
Then the AI "War" values should be tweaked down a bit, and after that I think it'll be time for a 1.0 release. :D

Ok, checking through a few files I've so far found the following files to check that provice IDs match between Watk and Vanilla.

epo_fla.txt - all seem like nice events. Some (Leonardo) might need minor tweaking, but having them would increase event count ;)

epo_otx.txt looks as if it could be an amusing little addition. If you could see which ai names are needed to get through the tree, that'd be appreciated as well. :)

minor_rag.txt were demanded earlier, and I'm nothing if not forthcoming :p

minor_alb.txt seem like an easy enough addition to a region that was somewhat underdeveloped

I might look for other events, but it turned out the new ones weren't always put at the end of the file, so it's a bit more trouble to find them..

(Also, since I'm asking for someone else to do my job I'm loath to ask about too much :eek:o)

All flavour events minus J.S. Bach (who could be changed to Sachsen or Anhalt province) can be copied directly as the province IDs match those of vanilla FtG.

Ragusan events (I also granted them Italian culture and made a set of monarchs and leaders included in the file you downloaded):

Code:
event = {
	id = 200207
	random = no
	country = RAG
	name = "War over the Mediterranian"
	desc= "Ragusa was a thorne in Sicily's side for a long time. The little city in the Adriatic had used the chaos after the Venetian collapse to secure Corfu for themselves effectively denying everyone except Genoa access to Adriatic by massive trading tolls. Sicily wasn't too happy about and as soon as she grew strong enough, she tried to blackmail the little city into submitting to Sicilian rule by diplomatic pressure and force in 1503. Genoa set out to challenge Sicily to settle the issue of which Italian state was destined to control the Mediterranian once and for all, seeing there was no limit to the Sicilian ambitions and the first Sea War broke out."

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1503 }
	offset = 10
	deathdate = { day = 30 month = december year = 1503 }

action_a = {
		name  = "Align yourself to Genoa"
		command = { type = dynastic which = GEN }
		command = { type = alliance which = GEN }
		command = { type = relation which = GEN value = 200 }
	}
}

# A4K events begin here:

event = {
	id = 220100
	random = no
	country = RAG
	name = "Fortification efforts" 
	desc = "With the steady increase of Hungarian and Byzantine power the Great Council of Ragusa thought it necessary to modernise the city walls. In 1460 they comissioned the Florentine Michellozzo Michellozzi and the Croat Juraj Dalmatinac with this task and after three years of hard work the walls were re-infored with the mighty Minceta Fortress and Fort Bokar."

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1463 }
	offset = 360
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1464 }

action_a = {
		name = "Modernise the walls." 
                command = { type = treasury value = -50 }
		command = { type = fortress which = -2 value = 1 }
		command = { type = domestic which = OFFENSIVE value = -1 }
		command = { type = infra value = 1000 }
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "The existing walls are fine."
                command = { type = treasury value = 100 } #saved money
        }
}

event = {
	id = 220101 
        trigger = {
                  event = 201128 #Ambitions in the Mediterranean
                  owned = { province = 820 data = -1 } #Ionia
		}
	random = no
	country = RAG
	name = "Genoa claims Corfu."
	desc = "In 1508, the ever greedy but much stronger Serene Republic of Genoa laid claim to the Ragusan held islands of Ionia."

action_a = {
		name = "Man the defenses!"
		command = { type = casusbelli which = GEN value = 120 }
		command = { type = INF which = -2 value = 2000 } #capital
		command = { type = CAV which = -2 value = 500 }
                command = { type = warships which = 820 value = 2 } #Ionia
		command = { type = galleys which = 820 value = 5 }
		command = { type = relation which = SIC value = 50 } #Genoan enemy

}
}

event = {

id = 220102
	random = no
	country = RAG
	name = "Sigismondo Menze´s Naval Reform"
	desc = "As the naval powers of Genoa and Sicily in the west through the discovery of new lands beyond the Pillars of Hercules steadily grew, it was imperative for the Republic of Ragusa to build better quality ships as it lacked the manpower to man huger fleets. Sigismondo Menze, then Rector of the Republic, started a vast project to modernise the fleet. Using Irish carracks as models he came up with a Ragusan equivalent - the Ragusina (called Argosy in the west) ."

date = { day = 2 month = january year = 1501 }
	offset = 180
	deathdate = { day = 2 month = january year = 1503 }

action_a = {
		name = "Reform the fleet!"
		command = { type = cash   value = -100 }
		command = { type = warships   which = 362 value = 10 } #Ragusa
		command = { type = domestic which = land value = -1 }
                command = { type = domestic which = quality value = 1 }
                command = { type = naval   value = 2000 }
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "Reform the fleet and fund an expedition.!"
		command = { type = cash   value = -300 }
		command = { type = warships   which = 362 value = 15 } #Ragusa
                command = { type = explorer which = -1 }
		command = { type = domestic which = land value = -1 }
                command = { type = domestic which = quality value = 1 }
                command = { type = naval   value = 2000 }
                command = { type = provincetax which = 362  value = -2 } #deforestation to build the fleet

}
	action_c = {
		name = "Our fleet is strong enough"
		command = { type = vp value = -10 }
		command = { type = infra   value = 1000 }
	}
}

Please doublecheck those for possible errors.

The following Ragusan event is a pure SP one and thus heavily overpowered.:D Though I changed the cores from national to claimed ones.

Code:
event = {
	id = 220103
       trigger = {
		owned = { province = 365 data = -1 } #Dalmatia
		owned = { province = 820 data = -1 } #Ionia
		}
	random = no
	country = RAG
	name = "Mare Adriaticum - Mare Nostrum?"
	desc = "Against all odds the Republic of Ragusa repelled all territorial ambitions of the neighbouring powers like Byzantium, Genoa and Hungary. With Corfu firmly under her control nobody could enter the Adriatic without permission. Her position thus secured the city´s nobility sought new areas of expansion."
	style = 3

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1570 }
	offset = 3649

action_a ={ 
		name = "We must conquer the Adriatic sea by arms"
		command = { type = domestic which = MERCANTILISM value = 2 }
		command = { type = addcore_claim which = 361 } # Albania
		command = { type = addcore_claim which = 366 } # Croatia
		command = { type = addcore_claim which = 367 } # Krain
		command = { type = addcore_claim which = 368 } # Istria
		command = { type = addcore_claim which = 370 } # Venezia		
		command = { type = land value = 2000 }
		command = { type = naval value = 2000 }
		command = { type = relation which = GEN value = -200 }
                command = { type = relation which = CRO value = -100 }
                command = { type = relation which = BYZ value = -50 }
                command = { type = relation which = HUN value = -50 }
	}
	action_b ={ 
		name = "Just take the Straits of Otranto"
		command = { type = stability value = 2 }
                command = { type = addcore_claim which = 361 } # Albania
                command = { type = addcore_claim which =394 } #  Apulia                  
		command = { type = domestic which = MERCANTILISM value = -3 }
		command = { type = naval value = 1000 }
		command = { type = trade value = 2500 }
		command = { type = relation which = SIC value = -100 }
                command = { type = relation which = BYZ value = -100 }
	}
	action_c ={ 
		name = "We´ll conquer the Levantine trade instead"
                command = { type = addcore_claim which = 480 } # Crete
                command = { type = addcore_claim which = 481 } # Rhodos
                command = { type = addcore_claim which = 484 } # Cyprus
		command = { type = merchants value = 5 }
		command = { type = domestic which = MERCANTILISM value = -4 }
		command = { type = domestic which = LAND value = -2 }
		command = { type = naval value = 3000 }
		command = { type = trade value = 2500 }
		command = { type = relation which = GEN value = -100 }
                command = { type = relation which = BYZ value = -100 }
	}
}

About changing cores in events - all those "colonial" events ("Claim of <insert colonial area here>") need to have their commands changed from addcore to addcore_colonial. :)

About changing cores in events - all those "colonial" events ("Claim of <insert colonial area here>") need to have their commands changed from addcore to addcore_colonial. :)

It does sound quite sensible. Just out of curiosity, what is the difference?

And wasn't there a third core type - "claim" or something like that? How do I assign it, and what are the effects? (I'm thinking about maybe messing around with some of the "claim all of France" events" and make claims instead of national provinces.)

It does sound quite sensible. Just out of curiosity, what is the difference?

And wasn't there a third core type - "claim" or something like that? How do I assign it, and what are the effects? (I'm thinking about maybe messing around with some of the "claim all of France" events" and make claims instead of national provinces.)
According to this I was mistaken, sorry - not addcore_colonial but rather addcore_claim or addcore_casusbelli. What they do is, if I remember correctly, respectively: claims give all the perks national cores do except for MP (so, no nationalism and CB if not owned), while casusbelli cores just give the CB.

Remembering from original Aberration the concept of "Claim of <name>" events, replacing national cores with casusbelli cores would make some sense, I guess. Whereas in events like division of Gaul it indeed would be cool to just replace national cores with claims.

Ahh one of my most favored mods :D

I think I have found a mistake though, whlie reading the bavarian event file:

Code:
########################################################################
#
# The Fuggers
# 
########################################################################

event = {

id = 201685
	random = no
	country = BAY
	name = "The Fuggers"
	desc = "The Fuggers were a peasant family of weavers from Augsburg during the 15th Century who rose through trade and transactions in money to Bankers of the Wittelsbachs and the Popes. Jakob Fugger the Rich established a special connection to Wilhelm IV allowing the bavarian monarchs to raise fund more quickly but this came at the cost of loosing direct control of some income in the long term as this was seen as an easier way to raise monies at that time."
	style = 2

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1508 }
	offset = 360
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1514 }

action_a ={				
		name = "Take their offer"
		command = { type = domestic which = centralization value = -1 }
		command = { type = loansize which = 500 }
		command = { type = treasury value = 1000 }
		command = { type = merchants value = 6 }
		command = { type = inflation value = -3 }
		command = { type = provincetax which = 348 value = -1 }
		command = { type = provincetax which = 349 value = -1 }
		command = { type = provincetax which = -1 value = -1 }
		command = { type = provincetax which = -1 value = -1 }
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 201687 } # Without Fuggers colony policies
	}

action_b ={				
		name = "I don't trust them"
		command = { type = domestic which = centralization value = 1 }
		command = { type = inflation value = 2 }
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 201686 } # Fuggers colony policies
	}
}

Why do you get the fugger colony policies when you don't trust them, should this be the other way arround?

Why do you get the fugger colony policies when you don't trust them, should this be the other way arround?

Heh. I'll try to get those changes done this weekend. Spring is now in full spring, and garden+housework demands much of my spare time.

From apologies to replies, then: You always get the Fugger event, unless you distrust them. (Sleepevent means that an event is prevented to happen.)

Interregnum was made by another team and explored some other premises for the past and many other premises for the (event-driven) future.

What updates would be needed for 1.2?

(Yea yea, I know, I got lost doing other things. Too many ideas, too little time spent on them)

(Yea yea, I know, I got lost doing other things. Too many ideas, too little time spent on them)

:)

What updates would be needed for 1.2?

It actually doesn't run under FTG 1.2, you get a CTD at start with a "Database mismatch error" message.

EDIT: My mistake! You get five or six "Database mismatch error" messages, but if you choose to ignore them, you nevertheless start the game. I was not lucky with that special try. BTW, in the start menu, the city doesn't show for The Caliphate. The mod just needs to be somewhat debugged :)

Last edited:
I would have been interested, but I have encountered some gameplay problems with my current game.
Why the siberian colony (which was a city) I have lost to China in a war has became han ? (Religion stayed Orthodox)
Is there anyway to repaganize or change culture of provinces that have been converted by another country ?

Asia was mostly left alone in Aberration (and Interregnum as well), so this is the reason why there is no event file for China etc. It would be quite intriguing if a part of the events in Interregnum would be used in this new version of Aberration, since they are much more developed in general and give the American natives a bit of a fighting chance. (Chimu alone has a very large annex). Then again, what Aberration does much better is to keep things within the realms of the semi-possible and not have ridiculously overpowered Muslim nations.

EDIT: Did the culture switch happen immediately after you lost the province or did it take some time?