Would you give the DH development more time?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Pioniere

Field Marshal
17 Badges
May 29, 2006
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • 500k Club
  • Rome Gold
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Iron Cross
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Darkest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Arsenal of Democracy
Would you accept to wait if the Darkest hour team needed more time? I would maybe 2 to 3 weeks :D Dont forget we have AOD, ho3 and RL too...

It's done when it's done.
If they keep the releasedate it's good, if not it's no drama ...
What should happen? The graphics becomming old? Man, we're not playing fps ;)
A Strategy game is like a glass of wine, it's becomming better and better.
A FPS is like egg with beans. At first you can eat it even if some dislike it
but try the same after two Month! Everyone will say it sucks...

Sorry Pioniere, but I don't understand your question.
If, for whatever reason, DH is not ready, they should postpone its release until it is, but PI should announce a new tentative release date asap, hopefully today ot tomorrow.
If it is ready, why should the release be postponed ?
I have not seen any announcement on Gamersgate, does it mean that they will not release DH on March 29th ? If so, I will not complain, but again I think they should announce it officially

Sorry Pioniere, but I don't understand your question.
If, for whatever reason, DH is not ready, they should postpone its release until it is, but PI should announce a new tentative release date asap, hopefully today ot tomorrow.
If it is ready, why should the release be postponed ?
I have not seen any announcement on Gamersgate, does it mean that they will not release DH on March 29th ? If so, I will not complain, but again I think they should announce it officially

lol.. it hasen't been postponed Mario. It was just a "what if" question.

I think made this post because the aod team made a new realise date for there game last year. I know this wont happened now but I would accept to give them more time if the game would be more stable. But its no dubt that it would more than stabel.

I don't like the fact that games get shipped before major bugs are done. I never *ever* pay for a beta if I'm not volountarily doing so to support a developer.
So I'm not sure what this patch is about, if it's about fixing a few bits and pieces here and there and adding new content I'm fine with that.

If I buy a game that's unplayable I'll probably complain to the point where I get banned from the forum and demand a refund. :p

Meh Ive done it before.

Now I never thought HoI2 or even a buggy game like Fallout 2 was unplayable and I doubt DH will be even close to those two.
Since I assume it's just fixing something here, adding a missing line there, fixing an AI directive here and so on I think it's better to ship the game so I can enjoy it :)

Would you accept to wait if the Darkest hour team needed more time? I would maybe 2 to 3 weeks :D Dont forget we have AOD, ho3 and RL too...

They got 6 extra months from their previous deadline :)

DH 1.0 has already been sent to paradox and is ready for sell. DH team is currently working on DH patch 1 with even more content.

So like a Day One patch? Or just soon after release?

there is a link in the DH in The Press sticky to this review:
http://www.leqg.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=11063

It does give DH an 8 out of 10, although when reading it(through Google Translate) I found it pretty negative and based on the text I would've expected a score of 6 or 7 out of 10.

It was not a standard review but rather an opinion from a HOI2 veteran addressed to other HOI2 veterans on a forum who already read all the DD and know what the game is bringing to the table.
Thus it is focused on the least positive sides of the game and concludes they aren't that many, especially for a game based on an old game engine. Which explains the rating.
And by the way, a pre Gold version was used for this test and some of the issues it reports have been fixed since then (especially those related to 1914 scenario).

I would give more time, but as far as I can see it will be just as stable or more stable than any other HOI game upon release. No game this complicated is going to be 100% perfect. Also the DH staff has indicated that they plan on supporting and upgrading this product for a l9ong time to come. And as long as they don't wait ages between patches, it should be the most stable version of a HOI game out there. I for one am excited about the soon release and can't wait to really see the changes. I am just hoping the mods being modified for DH will be quickly released. There is so much potential for mods like TRP and such.