• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hey, I've noticed something odd. There are both labourers and farmers in the same province, does that mean that labourers jobs have been changed? IIRC, labourers in provinces with a food RGO turned to farmers as soon as the game starts processing info, so maybe in Vicky II they are gonna have a different role? Or maybe farmers, that will produce food regardless of the RGO in a province?

Hey, I've noticed something odd. There are both labourers and farmers in the same province, does that mean that labourers jobs have been changed? IIRC, labourers in provinces with a food RGO turned to farmers as soon as the game starts processing info, so maybe in Vicky II they are gonna have a different role? Or maybe farmers, that will produce food regardless of the RGO in a province?

No it's just an Alpha.

When immigrants assimilate, which culture will they become in a country that accepts several cultures?

Will chinese immigrants always become Yankee in the US, even though Dixie is also accepted and North German in Germany, even though South German is also accepted, as was the case in Victoria 1?

Or will they rather assimilate into whatever culture is dominant in the province they have settled in?

So essentially, if you build it, they will come! Rather than having to predicate factory building on availability of people willing to work there, the profitable factories will draw in staff.

Kevin Costner was hired by PI as new head of development :D

I have a question about unemployment. I don't think that a whole pop is unemployed, rather some share of the pop is unemployed, but the U-Column in the screenshot indicates a Yes/No logic?

Can you tell me how it really is?

EDIT: Sorry, after a second look on the screenshot, I've seen, that in the last row the red Bar is not completely filled. I think these means that roughly 1/3 of the Pop is unemployed. The other rows are 100% or 0%.

I have a question about unemployment. I don't think that a whole pop is unemployed, rather some share of the pop is unemployed, but the U-Column in the screenshot indicates a Yes/No logic?

Can you tell me how it really is?

EDIT: Sorry, after a second look on the screenshot, I've seen, that in the last row the red Bar is not completely filled. I think these means that roughly 1/3 of the Pop is unemployed. The other rows are 100% or 0%.

The game isn't finished yet so there are glitches. However Unemployment is a percentage value.

Vricklund said:
If pops are no longer a fixed size what is the deal with different ideologies/issues within each pop?

Wouldn't it be less confusing to split dissidents into a separate pop with different ideology/issue?

Or perhaps the opposite. Why don't you merge all catholic dixies into one pop and just change the ideologies/issues composition?
why create yet more lines of data when you can have the data condensed into one line with a data point shown of the split by ideologies and issues. My guess is that if you hover over the pie charts or click on them, you'll get a full snapshot in detail of what the various breakdowns are within pop.

You wouldn't want to have too much condensing, hence having each workforce type be a separate line, plus it would be hard to see which issues were affecting which classes if they were all bundled into one pop. I think this system gives the right balance of detail, without having to create too many lines of POPs to scroll through for each state or province.
Sorry, I was unclear in my previous post.

I was wondering why there are (e.g) two catholic dixie farmer pops in one province. The only thing seperating them is ideology/issue composition. Why not merge them into one and change the composition of that pop?

Or you do the opposite and split dissidents from within each pop into a pop of its own, with only one ideology/issue.

I don't see why you have to mix both these systems. Just makes it look cluttred. Maybe I'm missing something?

The dominant issues charts (in particular the charts for individual pops) are difficult to read with the current color scheme. Its kind of difficult to tell apart 3 different shades of bright green you know...

Please add more contrasting colors. The same applies to the workforce chart: soldiers, artisans and farmers are difficult to tell apart with that color scheme. Otherwise, the screen shot looks amazing.

Pops are to p'dox fans what sims are to ehh :D

Like to see the pops still in and arbitrary splitting off. While still having to keep your ppl happy somehow. It will be a game in itself to massage your subjects in the direction you want. :)

i have to say i am really impressed. It looks really good! There is a lot of improvement from the first Victoria, as it seems so far. The only question is if all the automatical stuff will work.

And as i know this is an alpha screenshot i hope that there will be some french pops in New Orleans in the final version. :)

Sorry, I was unclear in my previous post.

I was wondering why there are (e.g) two catholic dixie farmer pops in one province. The only thing seperating them is ideology/issue composition. Why not merge them into one and change the composition of that pop?

Or you do the opposite and split dissidents from within each pop into a pop of its own, with only one ideology/issue.

I don't see why you have to mix both these systems. Just makes it look cluttred. Maybe I'm missing something?

I you'll look more carefully on that picture, you will see that there are actually no two POPs same. They all vary in type/culture/religion...
I feel PI chose good dividing line. Ideologies, concerns, literay, unemployment etc. can be joined and shown by percentage. On the other hand those other three are more important and should be shown separately.

I have to say that I think you can consider an interface design successful when I can almost understand everything in that screenshot, and my only exposure to Victoria has been these developer diaries.

French minority

It would be nice if you included a small French minority in Louisiana and along the mississipi river. The last church to give french sermons in Detroit was in 1940...

It would be nice if you included a small French minority in Louisiana and along the mississipi river. The last church to give french sermons in Detroit was in 1940...

I expect there will be. If they were recorded as being there, they probably will be there in game, VIP did some very thorough research.

What I'd do to those pie charts, ohh...

Game is shaping up nicely (and as someone mentioned in the other thread it's shaping up to be a hairless third quarter of 2010 for Frederik)

I'm actually on the fence with the end of manual promotion.

On the one hand, its a lot less micro management and hassle for the player. But on the other hand, it was very useful in building up the core economy of a province/state you wanted to use.

I have a question though about conscription. In Vicky 1, when you needed extra manpower for say "The Great War", for example, you promoted those useless farmers and labourers into soldiers and sent them off to the front.

Now if POPs are willingly becoming soldiers, how can you simulate conscription in such a major war? I'd be quite interested to learn about that.

Otherwise, good work still! Keep it up!

This DD made me really excited for this game. I like how each city has a living population unlike EUIII where its just a number, i also like how the population has an opinion :rofl:.

Just a question (sorry if its been asked) but would making a dynamic population for every city in every province have a negative effect on game speed? it seems like it would take up alotta ram lol.