• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Excellent mod! I very much like the map and the set-up.
However, I am getting a crash playing as the Varangians on exactly August 1, 852. I have looked through the event files and haven't found one that triggers on that exact date. I have the save game if you wish to look at it.

I did re-try the save several times last night, with a CtD on Aug. 1 every attempt.
Started the same saved game this evening and played until the 870s without crashes however, leaving me at a loss as to what happened.
I think I am going to blame Windows 7, and go back to my life-or-death struggle against the Khazars. :)
My apologies for the false alarm.

I did re-try the save several times last night, with a CtD on Aug. 1 every attempt.
A CTD always happening at the same date can be the result of a situation that will not happen in all games but will always happen if the same situation is encountered. Better report it.

The thing is that the save stayed the same between yesterday and today. Yesterday, each time that I loaded that save, or that year's autosave, it would always crash on Aug 1.
Today, I loaded the exact same save, and was able to play 20 game years without any hicups. Therefore, either something changed with the game/save between yesterday and today, or with my system.
Yesterday, I had Windows update running in the background which was not true today, so I am inclined to believe that to be the reason for the crash.
That said, I am not sure what to report, given the fact that the problematic save plays fine now.

EDIT: I have replicated the crash. Yesterday, I first experienced a CtD when playing the WatKABAOI mod. Following that, I chose to play Medieval World, and faced the above-mentioned crash on Aug. 1.
I remembered this a few minutes after making this post, and decided to test it out. I first loaded WatKABAOI, let it run for some time, and then experienced a crash before the end of 1337. After the game crashed to desktop, I loaded my 'crash' save game of Medieval World, which crashed on exactly August 1st. Where should I report this and/or upload the save game?
EDIT2: I seem to be experiencing the crash whenever I load the 'crash' save game again, regardless of which mod is loaded before Medieval World (including vanilla) or even if Medieval World is the first mod loaded (if it was the last mod used before quitting the game). Only Medieval World and WatKABAOI have crashed to desktop for me, so it is likely to be something within the structure of both of those mods that is causing the crashes.

Last edited:
Sounds odd. So it doesn't crash if you just start the game and load the save? It only crashes if you play a game beforehand and then, without quiting, decide to load the save? If so that could be some issue with FtG itself and its ability to reset itself between games.

It would still worth uploading the save here so I can see if I can replicate it.

Swert,

I have a few ideas regarding this period, and had contemplated doing a 1066 - 1492 mod myself, but as you have half of the period covered and had beat me to it in terms of using MWATK, I wondered if I could contribute at all to your project?

Specifically, I'd be interested in writing events for the Hundred Years' War and general 'domestic' events for England, France and Burgundy in particular.

Let me know if you have MSN, and I shall discuss this further with you.

Of course, if you're not interested, then I quite understand. :)

Try now you bloody ignorant Kiwi.

*JOKEJOKEJOKEJOKEJOKE*

Wow, these are some detailed suggestions.

I surely had some ideas about events for Poland but events still wait to become a priority with many major things waiting in line (religions setup with simulated spread of Christianity I painfully try to make bug-free, 1205 scenario, revolters' setup, introducing crusades in some form, etc.). As you see events are still few and mostly concerned with major processes - breaking up or formation of states. But Congress of Gniezno is there and those proposal will be discussed and introduced at some point (I think about events for 1034-39 launching huge revolts and crippling Greater Poland and an option in 1040 - preferred - to move capital to Krakow and give this province bonuses or try to rebuild Gniezno). It probably just needs some general framework to prevent major imbalancing.

I also thought about an event, which could merge Greater Poland (Polans) with the rest of future Poland during the christianisation. Because I had great alliance with Silesia and wanted to annex them peacefully :>, but after the 966 event Poland formed as a catholic nation, but Silesia didn't, so I couldn't annex them any more, and war against your vassal and ally would get -6 stab hit :(

The current idea to be implemented sometimes soon is as follows:

Between 966 and 1040:
If Polans become Christian, control Greater Poland and some other provinces (no great prerequisites there) they become Poland, with historical cores. If they control less provinces they become country "Greater Poland". This country, along with other Christian Polish states (Masovia, Silesia, Lesser Poland which is created out of Vistulans) have the possibility to become Poland at every time if they are strong enough and control area of Greater Poland. Clearly, Polans and Greater Poland have the highest chance there.

Auto-annexing other Polish minors is probably not planned (far too easy and it took around 25 years for Poland to historically do that) but some events in the case of vassalship are an interesting proposal. At least having cores on these regions should help to get them militarily. And Silesia, Vistulans and Masovia will convert to Christianity eventually and the fact that Poland is Christian will contribute to that.

After 1040 the situation is similar but it becomes a bit harder and Krakow is required as well (which becomes capital).

After 1138 it changes, it hasn't been scripted yet, but an intricate system of managing fragmentation period is in "early design" phase ;)

The current idea to be implemented sometimes soon is as follows:

Between 966 and 1040:
If Polans become Christian, control Greater Poland and some other provinces (no great prerequisites there) they become Poland, with historical cores. If they control less provinces they become country "Greater Poland". This country, along with other Christian Polish states (Masovia, Silesia, Lesser Poland which is created out of Vistulans) have the possibility to become Poland at every time if they are strong enough and control area of Greater Poland. Clearly, Polans and Greater Poland have the highest chance there.

Auto-annexing other Polish minors is probably not planned (far too easy and it took around 25 years for Poland to historically do that) but some events in the case of vassalship are an interesting proposal. At least having cores on these regions should help to get them militarily. And Silesia, Vistulans and Masovia will convert to Christianity eventually and the fact that Poland is Christian will contribute to that.

After 1040 the situation is similar but it becomes a bit harder and Krakow is required as well (which becomes capital).

After 1138 it changes, it hasn't been scripted yet, but an intricate system of managing fragmentation period is in "early design" phase ;)

Good idea, it's better than auto-annexation, which would be too easy indeed.

So I imagine it like that:
966 - christianisation of Poland - cores for whole Poland
966 till 997 (St. Adalbert/Wojciech) - christianisation of the rest of Poland (Masovia, Lesser Poland, Silesia) - some random event, that checks if Poland already has them, if not - christianisation and vassalisation offer. You could add a trigger of let's say at least +150 relations with Poland.

Version 3.01 has now been released, it is designed for FTG v1.1. Download link in the opening post. Here's a changelog which may not include all changes:

Code:
changelog 3.01
- added basic 1205 scenario
- added asian and african nations to 844 selection list and improved their map knowledge
- fixed Aleppo's manufactory position
- fixed error in map regarding border between Basrah and Hasa
- fixed error in map regarding Coast of Luzon
- adjusted minimap for new interface
- added new siege gfx for new interface
- gave Chur to Swabia in 1067
- added monarchs for 37 nations
- added byzantine unit sprites 
- added timurid (persian) unit sprites
- replaced byzantine siege sprites with catapults
- fixed sprites for Verona
- fixed AI definitions for nations in 1067
- gave Roussillon to Catalonia not Toulouse in 1067
- changed Roussillon's culture to catalan
- added Alania, Estonians, Cagliari, Kediri and Arborea
- removed Dvaravati and Thaton from 1067
- rearranged revolt.txt into alphabetical format
- added 101 nations to revolt.txt
- divided Dravidian culture into Kannada, Tamil and Telugu
- recoloured Kirghiz culture
- changed culture of Cornwall to celtic
- changed Sunda and Mataram to hindu
- changed Aragon's colour to green and Swabia's to yellow
- added 2 AI files
- added shields and flags for 9 nations
- added Burgundy in 1067
- added spread of christianity events
- added first crusade events
- fixed other small bugs

Well, we are aware of some bugs in the current version that may cause crashes, at least in "my part" of the mod. I don't know when exactly the fixes will be published but probably sooner than later.

The date is a bit surprising, I'd be expecting crashes to happen rather after 1000 but anyway try downloading this file: http://nyyrxg.blu.livefilestore.com...MFCQhVi/SpreadOfChristianity_fix.zip?download and extract contents to "Your FtG folder\Mods\Medieval World 3\Db\Events\SpreadOfChristianity" replacing all the files. Try loading your game and playing again.