• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was nothing else to do with Federal property in the South. The CSA didn't regard it as such, and if they had, the unarmed South would've been crushed in months.

Actually, that sounds interesting. Starting with Fort Sumter could have an interesting alternate path.

As SecState Robert Toombs argued, "[Attacking Ft. Sumter] will lose us every friend at the North. You will wantonly strike a hornet's nest. ... Legions now quiet will swarm out and sting us to death. It is unnecessary. It puts us in the wrong. It is fatal."

So, what if the CSA doesn't bomb Sumter. Lincoln doesn't get his casus belli, the South avoids being seen as the aggressor, and after a few more months of nonaggression by the South, its independence becomes a fait accompli. BUT Virginia will never secede (Lincoln was willing to let Sumter go if Virginia would stay) and Ark/Tenn/N.C. are very unlikely to secede (unless the US goes extremist?).

Basically, it's a choice by the CS player to get peaceful independence with only the seven states, or gamble on war with the North to get more. Could throw in the Confederate proposal to ally with the North to sweeten the deal too.

That was my thinking, but CSABadass has made it clear that he doesn't have an interest in it. (And as for the allying thing, the CSA did offer to make a NAP and more with the USA over and over again before the war broke out. Would be interesting if the USA were to accept. Cuba and Mexico would most likely not be happy campers...)

I'd try my hand at it if I wasn't a complete newb at modding.

So, what if the CSA doesn't bomb Sumter. Lincoln doesn't get his casus belli[/I.

The South still takes Fort Morgan or any one of dozens of other Federal installations, and Lincoln still gets his casus belli. The only real change is South Carolina loses a tourist attraction.:)

Gentlemen, since we are no longer talking about the SR mod, please take the discussion to the UCV social group: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/group.php?groupid=92 If anyone's not already a member, just ask and you wil be added.

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
I said it to OH and I'll say it again.

Well, shut my mouth and call me corn pone.

Check out compatriot Garmorn's new HoI3 icon: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=416588

Finally, Dixie gets its due in the forums!:D

I made a couple of custom HOI3 style avatars (battle flag stylee :D ) the other day. I was then informed that custom avatars have been restricted to moderators :rolleyes: Despite the fact that people such as ourselves earnt the right to a custom avatar... :rolleyes:

Anyways, I made the battle flag one for you- I'll email it to you if you like, in the hopes that one day the Admins reinstate what we earnt...not holding my breath tho...

I made a couple of custom HOI3 style avatars (battle flag stylee :D ) the other day. I was then informed that custom avatars have been restricted to moderators :rolleyes: Despite the fact that people such as ourselves earnt the right to a custom avatar... :rolleyes:

Anyways, I made the battle flag one for you- I'll email it to you if you like, in the hopes that one day the Admins reinstate what we earnt...not holding my breath tho...

I very much appreciate that, my friend, but I'll be getting HoI3 and flying the Third National eventually.

I'll be out of town for annual book-plugging appearance at GenCon from early tomorrow until late next Tuesday. Expect no replies until then at the earliest.

Hopefully I'll be bringing back an Ennie or two, thanks to you good folks. Best 'til next time!

Good luck!

Thanks! Came home empty handed, but at least the open bar was nice.

Sorry to hear that you came home empty handed. I suppose there is always next year, unless you burned yourself out this year.

You didn't do that, did you?

Sorry to hear that you came home empty handed. I suppose there is always next year, unless you burned yourself out this year.

You didn't do that, did you?

I sure hope not! My editor seems to think my current manuscript is OK, so it's good so far.

And thanks!

With Vicky 2 coming up I hope you will start planning for a new mod! ;)

<blink> Vicky 2? Is that actually happening?

<----Always the last to know.

Right now, I can't scrape up the $40 for HoI3, and I suspect the next iteration of VIP will pop a cap in this mod. We'll see.

Thanks for the post--always good to hear from you!

So I just started playing Victoria and SR again and just won an 1864 victory with the Confederacy. That game made me wonder if it is possible to win without the Conscription Act though, and I wonder if anyone has done that. I believe it would be possible to win without the Conscription Act if you followed normal procedure and took DC and then Philadephia, I know there were several points in 1862 when I had superiority on the Eastern Front before I instituted Conscription.

As to winning an 1864 victory without Conscription, you would have to convert POPs to soldiers like crazy. This is necessary to a very large extent with the Conscription Act and I suspect that I would have to convert at least twice as many as I did using the Conscription Act.

So I just started playing Victoria and SR again and just won an 1864 victory with the Confederacy. That game made me wonder if it is possible to win without the Conscription Act though, and I wonder if anyone has done that. I believe it would be possible to win without the Conscription Act if you followed normal procedure and took DC and then Philadephia, I know there were several points in 1862 when I had superiority on the Eastern Front before I instituted Conscription.

As to winning an 1864 victory without Conscription, you would have to convert POPs to soldiers like crazy. This is necessary to a very large extent with the Conscription Act and I suspect that I would have to convert at least twice as many as I did using the Conscription Act.

IIRC, someone posted here they were going to try it, but they never replied with the results. So as far as I know, no one's ever pulled it off.

I'm mighty impressed at an 1864 win--by 1863, I'm doomed. Congrats, amigo!

Glad you're having fun with SR!

IIRC, someone posted here they were going to try it, but they never replied with the results. So as far as I know, no one's ever pulled it off.

I'm mighty impressed at an 1864 win--by 1863, I'm doomed. Congrats, amigo!

Glad you're having fun with SR!

Did they say they would try an 1864 win without Conscription or just in general?

Anyway, an 1864 attempt was usually hit or miss for me, but now I think I can win with consistency. Just cover at least every border province in Virginia and Tennessee with one division so the Federals don't slip through, keep an army around 100k in Fredericksburg to dance with the Federals attacking Norfolk, and keep a large army in Memphis. Convert plenty of POPs so that you can be constantly building new divisions, and make sure you cover Texas and Arizona!

Did they say they would try an 1864 win without Conscription or just in general?

Anyway, an 1864 attempt was usually hit or miss for me, but now I think I can win with consistency. Just cover at least every border province in Virginia and Tennessee with one division so the Federals don't slip through, keep an army around 100k in Fredericksburg to dance with the Federals attacking Norfolk, and keep a large army in Memphis. Convert plenty of POPs so that you can be constantly building new divisions, and make sure you cover Texas and Arizona!

Tried to win without Conscription.

And you make it sound so easy to win in '64!:) Guess I just suck at this game.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.