• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
Is there a drawback to this? I assume having strong Nobility means you can easily pass pro-nobility reforms but not really other things. Is there a merit in keeping the estates in balance to go through parliament relatively easily on many different stances, or would that just be inefficient?

Also, with seemingy 400+ years of gameplay to look forward to, what is the mechanic stopping me from favouring one estate since 1337 and creating a 100% Burgher Trade Empire or Commoner-only "Communist" regime by the end date?

It depends on what type of country you want.

Do levies pull from all pops, or just the commoners? It would be kind of weird in this era for commoners to have some kind of authority over whether they are pressed into service or not.

All of them

• 18Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Now is 'Parliament' here separate from 'Diet'? Or are you using them as bywords? And I ask that from both a historical perspective (France didn't have a Parliament, but the estates did force the King to call a Diet just before the French Revolution to deal with the debt and famine) and gameplay (Parliaments were one gameplay mechanic which were a seperate gameplay mechanic from calling Diets of your Estates)

its the same

@Johan I undestand that there will be no *unique* estates and that is honestly fine, however, is it possible to change the names of the estates to fit the region we are playing in? Same goes for the parliament, which essentially replaces the Diet from Eu4. I somehow feel that playing a monarchy and calling a parliament seems weird. Again, this would only change the name not any of the functionality/systems.

Reason being: immersion.

yes. all of that can and will in many places have localised names.

For me personally though, a parliament is what a monarchy has..

• 26Love
  • 5Like
Reactions:
On paper this sounds good but hopefully there aren't restrictive building slots like in CK3, because your vassals would build useless buildings in your kingdom and fill up building slots, so the meta was to build optimal buildings at lvl 1 before they start with useless ones.
Although EU4 also had building slots they were pretty generous and did not restrict you as much, you had loads of space to build what you wanted.
This is all assuming the building system will work similar to previous games.

There is no restrictive building slot system in Project Caesar.

• 24Like
  • 14Love
Reactions:
Hopefully it will work in favour of Tall play.

probably.. Its far easier to play tall if you play, lets say Flandern, than the Jarldom of Greenland.

Greenland starts as Norse confirmed?

Greenland was staunchly catholic in 1337. They had had Bishops there for several centuries then.

• 6Like
Reactions: