• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Star Trek: Infinite - Dev Log #11 - Fascination

Stardate 23916.5

As the leaves change color, and light snow starts to fall, some of you are gathering around for a time of gratitude. It is a moment to reflect on the voyages we’ve shared in the expansive universe that is Star Trek: Infinite.

CharlieX.jpg

The first thing I want to thank you all for is the Star Trek: Infinite AMA. I was pleasantly surprised over how civil the questions were, and how much outpouring of love you all brought about the game. The team and I enjoyed doing it immensely and would love to do more of them in the future. For those who haven't had a chance to dive into it, the AMA is a treasure trove of insights into our team's aspirations and future plans for Star Trek: Infinite.

Family.jpg

And in the spirit of sharing and gratitude that encompasses Black Friday, I’m excited to remind everyone about our special offer: Star Trek: Infinite is part of the Steam Autumn Sale, now available at a 35% discount. This is a substantial saving for such a newly released game, making it an ideal time to grab your copy or gift it to a fellow Star Trek fan. Dive into the rich storylines, explore new worlds, and experience the latest improvements we've added to the game. But don't wait too long – this deal warps away soon!

Fascination.jpg

Lastly, I’m deeply thankful for the successful launch of our Star Trek Online cross-promotion. Orchestrated at the last minute, it was a venture filled with challenges and moments of uncertainty – I must admit, there were times I feared it might not come together. But, like a meticulously prepared Thanksgiving feast, everything fell into place, albeit with just a slight delay. This collaboration is much like that festive gathering, bringing together our family of Star Trek gamers to savor a rich and diverse gaming experience. I hope it opens up new avenues of enjoyment and camaraderie, much like sharing a bountiful meal brings joy and togetherness.

Timeless.jpg

As we look to the stars, we're reminded that it's you, our players, who make this journey worthwhile. Thank you for being part of our Star Trek: Infinite family.

PDX_Ruk

• 24Like
Reactions:
It has been my experience that Gaming communities react well to Development Studios and Publishers who show not just a track record of respect for an IP’s lore and what has come before, but a willingness/eagerness to engage with the community in appropriate settings and with some degree of regularity.

Thank you for meeting us far more than half way… the crossover with STO was a master-stroke of gaming community genius, and I hope, a sign of times to come. :bow:

Have a great day, and ever better tomorrows. : )

• 2Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I love Star Trek, like Stellaris, but I'm holding off on buying ST until I see many improvements to the game. I think you're on the right track, but right now, it's just not worth the investment for me.

• 1Like
Reactions:
For those of you who are waiting for a dev diary à la when we will get new content patches or, even better, a fresh DLC???

Here is a statement from PDX-Ruk (AMA on reddit):

"Currently working on making this a great base game, trying our best to get reviews and player base in the right place. - Until this is fixed, I cannot promise any DLC or content updates down the line."

So, what to do now, you might ask?

1. Go to your Steam Account and push the game way over the current 56% approval rating.

2. Well, that's a little tricky one. Buy more copies of this game or, as I did, gift it to at least 5 other friends of yours.

Till then guys, we won't see any kind of content patches or even DLC´s. You get it now?

Cheers

• 5Haha
  • 2Like
Reactions:
…Till then guys, we won't see any kind of content patches or even DLC´s. You get it now?

Cheers
Greetings!

Time.

In time the Devs will continue their work… or the game will fade away. I would prefer the game be brought up to a stability and Lore-inclusiveness standard a fair bit higher than it is now. And I believe the game has already performed and sold enough copies to warrant continued work/free updates/initial DLC from the Devs.

But I won’t be gifting any copies of the game until I don’t require mods to see more period-appropriate starships for each faction… that sentiment shouldn’t surprise many owners of the game. While I continue to enjoy Star Trek Infinite to the tune of 406.8 hours so far, it is not worthy of being a “gift“ to family and friends until the Devs, themselves and not our outstanding modding commit’s, add starships to it.

I’d eagerly pay upwards of $20 for solely starship DLCs… but gifting it, as it currently stands, nope. :bow:

• 1Haha
Reactions:
When do we get a dev diary talking about actual game development?
time

The time for such is approaching, neither as fast as we hope, nor indeed so slowly as would permit the Devs to give complete information… :bow:

I’m prepared and eager for what at first will likely be broad generalities and goal posts toward which the Devs will strive. Even THAT will be very Trekkie and quite awe-inspiring to me. I’m a lifelong fan of Star Trek and this game has all the hallmarks and potential to be the best Trek game ever.

time will tell : )

• 1Haha
Reactions:
time

The time for such is approaching, neither as fast as we hope, nor indeed so slowly as would permit the Devs to give complete information… :bow:

I’m prepared and eager for what at first will likely be broad generalities and goal posts toward which the Devs will strive. Even THAT will be very Trekkie and quite awe-inspiring to me. I’m a lifelong fan of Star Trek and this game has all the hallmarks and potential to be the best Trek game ever.

time will tell : )

Death, destruction, disease, horror… that’s what procrastinating dev diaries are all about, @Prussian Havoc . That’s what makes it a thing to be avoided. The devs made it neat and painless… so neat and painless, they've had no reason to stop it.

I hope the self-congratulatory, filler, "it has been a wild journey" type of DDs end already, and a new, undiscovered country soon presents itself.

Reactions:
Death, destruction, disease, horror… that’s what procrastinating dev diaries are all about, @Prussian Havoc . That’s what makes it a thing to be avoided. The devs made it neat and painless… so neat and painless, they've had no reason to stop it.

I hope the self-congratulatory, filler, "it has been a wild journey" type of DDs end already, and a new, undiscovered country soon presents itself.
I disagree with your descriptor “procrastinating.” I see nothing wrong with State of the Game Dev Diaries, nor Dev Diaries publicizing the work of our hardworking Modding Community. More substantive Dev Diaries will be forthcoming;g.

Impatience only drives up blood pressure… it will not cause the release of a ”2024 Intended Milestones” Dev Diary, one second before it‘s time.

• 2Haha
Reactions:
  • 2Haha
Reactions:

"Currently working on making this a great base game, trying our best to get reviews and player base in the right place. - Until this is fixed, I cannot promise any DLC or content updates down the line."
Wow...

Can we please get a dev log with a bit more substance? I'm fine with just a little hint as to where we're headed, but this dev log tells me nothing about the development of the game. And this undermines my faith in the future of the game.

Are you working on new features, or still just minor improvements and bugfixes? Will we get a rework of the romulan supernova? Are playable minor nations in the forseeable future (they were mentioned before)? Will the support factions be fleshed out? Are you working on a way to keep the game interesting in the late game?

I assume you are working on at least some of these questions. Or maybe youre working on something completely different. Just take one of the things youre working on and tell us just a little about it. Make us curious and hopeful for the future, because this dev log just didn't.

• 2Like
Reactions:
For those of you who are waiting for a dev diary à la when we will get new content patches or, even better, a fresh DLC???

So, what to do now, you might ask?

1. Go to your Steam Account and push the game way over the current 56% approval rating.

2. Well, that's a little tricky one. Buy more copies of this game or, as I did, gift it to at least 5 other friends of yours.

Till then guys, we won't see any kind of content patches or even DLC´s. You get it now?

Cheers
Good. Make the Base game (machanics) actually work well, on their own and all together - then add mechancis and content.

I wish PDX would do this for all their titles.

They do thou, all DLC is accompanied with either fixes or reworks for free for the base games.

And introducing a whole slew of new Bugs and Problems.
The game is getting bloated (like EU4 did) - it needs a pause to settle and more then the custodians.

That beeing said, I am endlessly greatful for the custodians, otherwise I would have stopped playing (and buying new content) a long long time ago.
That beeing said, I did not buy the latest DLC b.c. it did not offer nearly enough contentwise for the prize asked. And sadly the Patch did not do as mcuh for me either this time.

And introducing a whole slew of new Bugs and Problems.
The game is getting bloated (like EU4 did) - it needs a pause to settle and more then the custodians.

That beeing said, I am endlessly greatful for the custodians, otherwise I would have stopped playing (and buying new content) a long long time ago.
That beeing said, I did not buy the latest DLC b.c. it did not offer nearly enough contentwise for the prize asked. And sadly the Patch did not do as mcuh for me either this time.
Star Trek is not bloated.

Are you talking Stellaris?

• 1Like
Reactions: