• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Imperator Dev Diary, 2/3/2020

Salvete Omnes!

Welcome back for another Imperator dev diary. While we have some further additions to the religious aspect of Imperator awaiting you, I want to have something to show you, and so we’ll leave these until next week. Indeed, the site of them might interest you greatly.

Today however, I’d like to inform you that we’ll be bringing a few highly requested minor features, fixes, and changes to the table in the 1.4 update.

Deny Trade Requests

In patch 1.4, you will be able to specify which Trade Goods you wish to deny requests for, on a national level. Simply put, the AI will no longer consider these goods as valid when searching for a trade. Switching a good from permitted to denied will not cancel current exports; you will still have to do that manually.

V7JE9E-Le0bhuAbyh4123tHRjbV6YbmtgtN59TQS3q5JP4bpGyABBmj1y99cqXADiA0mIsbuF-Dq2OBmxQRRhKVQsJEXDtZ1r2PmRps7cpI2shdH_TKyAvc8qi0k4psYeXsAfU1p

City Graphical Culture

In patch 1.4, the graphical culture of a city will represent that of the dominant culture present in the territory. Practically, this will mean the city appearance changing when the dominant culture eventually does, creating a much more dynamic experience for those wishing to convert the culture of any given territory.

This was a tricky subject; on one hand, cities throughout history have built around the creations of former owners, resulting in wonderful hybrid architectural styles that are so common in many parts of the world. All this said, the map is designed to be a representative viewport, intended to give you an overview of information relevant to your game. As such, we’ve opted to make this change.

The Continue Button

Yes, in patch 1.4 you will be able to continue a game that has reached the end-date. There will be no new content past this point, and techs will continue to scale indefinitely. Achievements will not be available for those in ironman mode, past the intended game end-date.

AI Control (MP)

Those who enjoy multiplayer games may be pleased to know that you will now be able to decide how much control to give the AI over your nation in the event of disconnection or missing a session.

r-Bqu75gK3nR7S0XmOic7OduQdNILJv1_8sa45HO2Cphyerb0bOZ2HRbo0Cov0MVJNZCq0__V_T9QbubHiBk6JRy_a8sxlymuHVooeB3xNPyD3Lh92Wc3QungHs5izlN7GvTOthu

Historical Characters

One small thing that has changed in the Archimedes update is that we can now set up dead characters that existed before the start of the game. This has very little effect in the game, and in most cases there are few such characters that it would be meaningful to have, we will however be adding some important family history here and there.

You may well find some known faces among the previous rulers of your country for instance:

vDaep1kA5QQgdDfglmKZmiDXgp9TBat2tkYPOczg9nf6nbbXHXvLAtFlvlwk2OwBo2NnrJYatq3i0oLrduoaYDuGqZFJ89PyarpzjlprdoEDfcoO0jWG08B1EQIJbhzb3GNADp7V

sMb6QOBd_0KDM5W7z7kvScxytdAc9hj9aYd1EIeriGixvWhxkyJCHaKlHeRskMgbHLMiyDs3aZ8PaLrZ2U-OeORVjr6b5sIYYXICdEFGqRQYXKB5inlFMi5JSzxlf8Vz0d1S8cuj

This said, there may have been an ulterior motive behind this… you’ll just have to wait and see.

/Arheo

• 1Like
Reactions:
That's great and all, but what I'd really like to see is historical characters appearing during the game, or at least great people with disruptive and impactful actions in the game.
In particular, a certain Roman family which gave birth to a few (and arguably the two most) important characters in the period, and which it's very unlikely to even see in the game at all because of how great families work now, needs to be give some attention.
Gens Iulia ? ;)

This said, there may have been an ulterior motive behind this… you’ll just have to wait and see.
Wars of Alexander DLC confirmed :D

Philippos should have at least 12 martial, if not more imo. He built the warmachine that allowed alexander's conquests. Charisma too, the way he played the greek cities off one another. Probably outperformed Alexander's diplomatic game in that aspect.
Basically, he should be Alexander's superior in all but martial, but not be that far behind in that either.

Are you, are you pushing the start date further back?

Could you add in regnal numbers to previous rulers so that we could have an accurate Alexander IV rather the Alexander I.

Denying trade requests on a national level? I think it won’t be by any means useful, as most of the times I need to block grain requests only from the capital province.
If denying trade request is possible just on a national level, people will start to complain again as soon as the patch is out. They just need to include a button in the province trade interface to avoid it.

Does this mean Eumenes might make a surprise appearance?

Also, I've been told Polypercheron is in the game, but after perusing the files I couldn't find him.

Sad face.

Salvete Omnes!

AI Control (MP)

Those who enjoy multiplayer games may be pleased to know that you will now be able to decide how much control to give the AI over your nation in the event of disconnection or missing a session.

/Arheo

As someone that predominantly plays multiplayer. I can't thank you enough for this

Nice changes once again! But I guess the trade deny on province level was really hard to get done? Because the problem was usually on a particular province. Its a good start on national level but its almost necessary to get it for province only as well.

I think You should just spend an entire update for only on quality of life stuff. I'm down for that ;p

Can't wait for this update

Welcome back for another Imperator dev diary. While we have some further additions to the religious aspect of Imperator awaiting you, I want to have something to show you, and so we’ll leave these until next week. Indeed, the site of them might interest you greatly.

The site of them, eh? Could be a spelling mistake, could be a hint as to the content of the next dev diary. I suppose we'll find out next week.

And I agree with the other people here, most often I don't want to stop exporting grain, I want to stop exporting it from a particular province, this national blocking of a particular good won't help me. I'm glad it's being addressed, but this isn't a solution.

Also, while we're looking at trade QoL changes, making it easier to cancel export agreements from a particular province (say, stop exporting so much food) would be nice. Going to the trade screen, sorting by either province or trade good and finding the entry for that trade good or province is a lot of clicking and scrolling. In comparison, cancelling an import is as easy as going to the province, clicking the trade button for that province, and clicking on the entry at the bottom of the screen, three easy steps and conquering more land doesn't result in huge lists that need to be searched through (except perhaps if it's the capital province and you've done a lot of trade investments)

Thank you so much! Those first three announcements make me so happy! Hopefully I will have time to play the game once the patch comes out, because it is starting to look really, really good.