• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

EU4 - Development Diary - 2nd of October 2018

Good day all and welcome to today's Dev Diary for EU4. Yesterday we released the free 1.27 Poland Update, packed with free content, map changes, bugfixes and such. Today we're going to be talking about the release as well as our plans going forward.

Firstly, with the Poland Update, we have updated EU4 to be GDPR compatible. You may have noticed a Privacy Policy when you tried to launch the game for the first time after the update. As part of this, we also had to remove the old versions from Steam due to them not being GDPR compliant but fret not if you want to keep enjoying the golden oldies. This link contains everything you need to know to get your old version back.

Now the Poland Update has our players making wealth common and impaling left & right. We'll be keeping our eyes on any issues that are coming in from players. We already have a plan to release a prompt fix for any serious issued popping up including but not limited to:

• Centenarian Venetian Doges.
  • Lithuanian infeasibility in forming PLC
  • Some users not being able to start the game due to missing dependencies
As well as any other serious issues which we see occurring for users in 1.27 Poland

But beyond Poland, what lies in store for EU4? Well, as I mentioned just after Dharma, we're now looking to put the Europa back into Europa Universalis. With extensive love poured into India, The Far East and the Near East, it's high time we brought some attention back to Mother Europe. Poland was a good start, but we'll be rolling up our sleeves and getting to work on an Immersion Pack for our next release. Where will we be focusing? Well, the Pet Shop Boys would be pleased, because we're going to Go West!

life is peaceful there.png

Next week @neondt will do what he does best with the upcoming map changes in 1.28.

Last edited:
Excellent choice for an immersion pack! As for the accompanying music I'm expecting you dust off that meme and invite three composers for their personal take on Falalan! You know you want it.

If I Iberia finally get's some attention, will that mean that the gold mine there finally get's removed ?

Since in the real world, there is no gold mine in Iberia
In Spain there war important gold and silver (and copper) mines, but i don know if it have been all explotes in that period.

The most underwhelming dev diary, for the most underwhelming patch.
You can always ask for your money back. :)
Seriously, it's common that after a patch release that they say their plans for bugs and show us a picture of the upcoming update. The only things underwhelming are @DDRJake has shown us pictures that are too easy to figure out what the next DLC covers :) and when I saw in the DD that the Poland's tree expands on forming the Commonwealth, but the only new mission was to take over central Sweden. But it was a free update and I can go conquer Pommerania and Lubeck for cleaner borders and a richer trade node, so no big deal.
On a side note, I started playing an Aragon game, but the voices in my head told me to wait.

If I Iberia finally get's some attention, will that mean that the gold mine there finally get's removed ?
Since in the real world, there is no gold mine in Iberia
The mine you’re referring to is representing the Almadén mercury mine which was the largest in Europe. It would maybe make sense to change the trade good but whatever works, works.

H-R-E *dum dum dum* H-R-E *dum dum dum* H-R-E *dum dum dum* Unique mechanics for HRE please!

I hope that not only Spain and Portugal will be touched, but also southern France, Italy and Maghreb.
It’s an Immersion Pack, not a full DLC. You cannot condense two different and important areas like Spain and Italy into one Immersion Pack.

I would like Italy but Iberia is good choice.

I sincerely hope Italy will be touched in the future DLC along with the HRE. It would be perfect. Southern Italy might be touched a little in this patch, since does not need unique mechanics (but it lacks flavor nonetheless). Northern and Central Italy are another thing and must be intensively improved.

Feedback from a large number of Chinese players who are not proficient in English: the Chinese region is not well simulated and the gaming experience is not good...:(

But I personally strongly support the changes to the Iberian Peninsula! Obviously, there is a need for a change that is more in line with its historical status! Love is needed here!:)

Good! Just what Iberia needs, an immersion pack hopefully packed with flavor and a map rework. Very happy, not gonna lie though, was hoping for a DLC so we could get a rework to colonization and hopefully the new world, but that was asking a lot :p
Now I just hope the next DLC is Italy/ HRE, both of which require more work than Spain, so it's DLC appropriate.

In any case thanks for going for Iberia, I'll enjoy replaying all 3 majors :)

A patch long overdue. But it´s better late than never. Do it and take my money :D