EU4 - Development Diary - 28th of July 2020

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
You're meaning Demand Loyalty mission and not enforce loyalty CB, right?

Edit: just found a enforce loyalty mission on the middle of the mission tree

Is there an opportunity(mission or event) to convert your country's religion to Islam like Kongo or Andalusia? Or do we have to do it in an old fashioned way aka via rebels?

Not for Majapahit, but countries like Sunda and Champa will have missions that allow them to convert without rebels. I may add a decision for Malay Hindus to convert if Sunni is their dominant religion as well.

do you keep this tree when forming malay or does malay have a different one

You keep this mission tree if you form Malaya.

wow! That really looks unique. I really would love, that the nations near by get a notification event when the disaster starts and another when the disaster ends (2 different for any outcome) - its the same what I wish for the ayuttaja disaster - this simple mechanic adds a lot of flavor - not only for the nation that you programmed the disaster but also for the other nations around in a simple way.

I always loved the events when I got the informations about important things or different outcomes that happend in nations near by. is this a thing? @neondt

What also would be cool if the tributaries of majapit get an event at the begining of the disaster where they have to chose if they stay a tributary or leave the realm. (at least they should get an information event about the disaster in majapit)

keep up the great work!

Nearby countries get major event notifications about disasters starting and ending by default. If you're not seeing these you may have accidentally disabled them.

This all looks great and I am definitely going to give Majahapit a try when the update drops. Looks right up my alley.

I know that you said that Burma is a little bit outside of the scope of the update, but would it be possible to have an event or two added to do with Bayinnaung? The succession crisis after the death of King Tabinshwehti seems perfect for either a disaster or just an event where you choose between a few options for his possible replacement, maybe triggered by you having no heir for an extended period?

I'd rather not make a unique civil war for Taungu, because it's relatively rare to see them succeeding and I don't want to knock them down a peg when that happens. There will be some additional content in the Burma region however.

• 14Like
Reactions:
All tributaries will become vassals, yeah? It`s kinda easy uniting of region, but there`s one trouble - vassal limit. 3-4 extra vassals - and you have everlasting troubles with dip. points. How to avoid it?

And, what do you think about make vassals not increasing your number of dimplomatic ties?

This is where the Strong Duchies estate privilege and Influence ideas come in handy.

When I've been playtesting with the new SEA map and content I've picked influence ideas first every time, it just fits so well with the playstyle.

• 23Like
Reactions:
Now, some questions.

1. Are there Majapahit's successor missions, for Majapahit's vassal and countries spawned from Majapahit's territory? Afterall these countries are the one that will continue to rule, and not Majapahit, so they kinda deserve to have some mission, even if rather generic. I personally hoped for a Muslim and Non-Muslim Java mission tree, similar to the different version of North and South India missions.

2. Are there planned for unique estate or unique estate privilege? Not just for Majapahit, but for Southeast Asia in general?

3. Will there be unique sea doctrine or capital ship modification? Majapahit specifically, but I think Maritime Southeast Asia in general probably deserve one.

4. Will there be something to help with gain additional marine? Maritime Southeast Asia is ripe for some marine action, but as far as I aware, no countries in this region has national idea or mechanic or bonus that help gain more marine percentage.

1. Not for Majapahit, because the disaster isn't set up for the player to transition into a successor state. But Sunda will have content, including the ability to transition into one of their successor states.

2. There will be a few new estate privileges. I'll be talking about them in next week's dev diary since Khmer gets access to (I think) all of them.

3&4. Not planned but not impossible.

Does any Indonesian Minor have their own mission? I believe nation like Aceh deserves their own, and maybe Sunda? Or Sumatran Minor, as they were some sorts of descendant of Srivijaya Empire? (Pagaruyung for example was established by Adityawarman, son of Javanese nobleman and Local Malay/Minang royalty of Dharmasraya, which is contuinity of Srivijaya after their collapse)

Several minors in both Mainland and Maritime South-East Asia will get mission trees, yes. Aceh and Sunda will be among them.

• 18Like
  • 1Love
Reactions: