• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Console Edition Development Diary #63 - Post Toxoids Support

Hello Console Edition Community,

We would like to start off by expressing our appreciation for your patience and the time you've all spent submitting bug reports! Your reports are instrumental in the diagnosing and resolving the problems that are currently being experienced by our Console Edition community.

We have been documenting and tracking the known issues for BE Rotterdam, who are currently working on a patch for the latest release. This patch is tentatively scheduled for December 14th, with another scheduled for early in the New Year. Our list is comprised of approximately two dozen items that BE Rotterdam is looking to address (yes, the missing advisor voices is one of them), and while we want to get these fixes into your hands as quickly as possible, we also want to be safe and try to ensure that the changes made don’t cause further issues than what’s on the current list.

I just want to take some time to be extra clear with this next part - we are not dismissing the issues that some players have been experiencing, and we are tracking the reported issues very closely (even if sometimes we don’t have time to answer on the bug report forums). With that being said, there are some things you can try that may resolve crashing/stuttering/performance issues on your end. Some of these points fall under general console maintenance - especially for those of you who are playing on older consoles - and some of these items are specific fixes to address issues with Stellaris: Console Edition:

• Start a new save; pre-Toxoids/3.5 saves will not be compatible with the latest game version.
  • If you’re running an older-generation console, keep the habitable worlds on 1x or below, and keep the pop growth sliders at their default settings. Using smaller galaxy sizes and numbers of AI could also help in this regard
  • Ensure that your console is up to date with the latest patches and has proper airflow
  • Ensure your console isn’t clogged with dust and debris, and the internal components are clean. Overheating could potentially be a factor in causing some crashes
  • Clear old save games and empires. If you do this, be sure to clear your cloud saves as well, since downloading your deleted saves from the cloud will likely cause these issues to recur:
  • Delete and redownload Stellaris
    • It is important to note that these last two points are mutually exclusive, and doing one does not accomplish the other. You should do both of these things if you are experiencing crashing or stuttering issues.
While we do not expect these solutions to work for everyone, we do suspect that there are some of you out there that these solutions will resolve issues for. These are not one-size-fits-all solutions, but even if this list helps one person, we are better off than we were before.

And finally, we would like to apologize for the poor quality of the Expansion Pass Six and Toxoids Species Pack launch, and for the poor communication around whether or not these issues would be addressed.

Thank you for your patience, and thank you for playing Stellaris: Console Edition.

• 12Like
Reactions:
Thank you for setting out a time line and being clear about the issues I’m sure I speak for most of the community when I say that any communication is appreciated when it comes to timescales of fixes :) we all love the game and only want to see it get better and better , best wishes for the patch next week and wishing you guys at PDX and the team at BE Rotterdam a happy Xmas/holidays :)

• 2Like
Reactions:
Hello, Is it better? Does your game keep crashing? What does it look like for you?
I’ve only had one crash on xbox one x since the recent patch. And that was when ≈1m in ship power were shooting on high speed and the game had been on for some time. It was a large galaxy with 10 normal civs, 3 fallen, and 2 marauders with default pop settings.
Upon reloading, it handled the combat fine at normal speed and then never crashed again.
I haven’t run an extended game past 2500 though yet

• 2Like
Reactions:
I’ve only had one crash on xbox one x since the recent patch. And that was when ≈1m in ship power were shooting on high speed and the game had been on for some time. It was a large galaxy with 10 normal civs, 3 fallen, and 2 marauders with default pop settings.
Upon reloading, it handled the combat fine at normal speed and then never crashed again.
I haven’t run an extended game past 2500 though yet
Sounds good... Have you deleted your old previously created empires from the main menu ?