• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters is very much what the team at Colossal Order is focusing on still. I travelled to London earlier this week to meet some press and show them how the different disasters look in the game. I love London so it's always fun to visit there if only for a couple of days. Let's hope the journalists liked what they saw and will share their thoughts later on. I brought some Finnish chocolate there with me so I wonder if that actually worked for or against us :D

We'll get to more details about the expansion in next week's dev diary where we'll reveal more information about the disasters. Meteor strike, thunderstorm and fires have been written about so which one do you think should be next? We still have sinkholes, earthquake, tornado and tsunami to cover! Also if you haven't seen Henkka and I destroy a city with various disasters, check it out here:
https://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive/v/94704253

This week we released Cities: Skylines - Stadiums: European Club Pack. This was a fun project to work on as Paradox wanted to try licensed content for the game. I'm super proud of our artists who created the amazing looking stadiums! See for yourself how the trailer looks:

I actually don't follow football actively but yesterday I happened to be in my favourite pub eating dinner while FC Barcelona was playing against Manchester City. Barça scored a goal and I cheered only to realise that most of the crowd was actually supporters of City. After visiting Camp Nou in September during my trip to Barcelona I feel there's now an emotional connection for the team so I was happy to see they won the match. Had to make sure to leave a bit early though so I wouldn't get in trouble with the fans of the losing team ;)

IMG_20160917_163315.jpg

#mepointingatthings

Cheers,
Mariina

When the stadiums DLC was leaked on the streaming of natural disasters, I imagine for different sports like a baseball stadium, basketball stadium, tennis stadium, American Football stadium, even a stadium for Concerts, everyone with the possibility to see the event like the Match Day, Maybe some day.

I have a small request, can you modify the original stadium of the game? Because is smaller versus the new ones, maybe only close the dome, because the soccer field is blurry and small, maybe renamed the stadium as University Stadium to fit perfectly on Cities Skylines.

Reactions:
great stream. the name of the currency has come up before. it needs a name. how about Curos? Curios?

When the stadiums DLC was leaked on the streaming of natural disasters, I imagine for different sports like a baseball stadium, basketball stadium, tennis stadium, American Football stadium, even a stadium for Concerts, everyone with the possibility to see the event like the Match Day, Maybe some day.

I have a small request, can you modify the original stadium of the game? Because is smaller versus the new ones, maybe only close the dome, because the soccer field is blurry and small, maybe renamed the stadium as University Stadium to fit perfectly on Cities Skylines.

Totally agree!! It would be great to see this develop around other functions, concert halls like Sydney opera house, you can plan concerts or theatre shows. The possibilities are endless but it seems it stops at European football.

Reactions:

Thanks for the feedback! Having multiple different sports in one DLC is quite a lot of work so it would require pretty much the same development time as our biggest expansions. It is not necessarily a bad thing, but not something that fits the schedule currently I'm afraid.

great stream. the name of the currency has come up before. it needs a name. how about Curos? Curios?

Thanks :) Not having currency is such an oversight in design. Will this be one of those mysteries in life that never gets an answer?

Totally agree!! It would be great to see this develop around other functions, concert halls like Sydney opera house, you can plan concerts or theatre shows. The possibilities are endless but it seems it stops at European football.

No need to call it European. It's football, the king of sports :D And yes, there are quite many ways to develop this type of event feature forward. Let's see if it makes sense in the future! (I want horse races.)

• 1Like
Reactions:
yes,and you have to feed those horses, get a doctor for them if they are ill - and you have to take care of the lawn... running horses don't like bad lawn.

come on, it is a city builder, not a zoo tycoon, one-handed-bandit, and so on.

Also if you haven't seen Henkka and I destroy a city with various disasters, check it out here:
https://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive/v/94704253

I have a question. If we have routes for evacuation wouldn't be better to make the shelter very far from the city, like in the mountains? Like Fallout vaults? I know we don't know where the meteor or any disaster will happen, but if we are trying to save the city population the shelter should be far away no? Just asking cause in the videos the shelters are always build in the middle of were most people live.

I have a question. If we have routes for evacuation wouldn't be better to make the shelter very far from the city, like in the mountains? Like Fallout vaults? I know we don't know where the meteor or any disaster will happen, but if we are trying to save the city population the shelter should be far away no? Just asking cause in the videos the shelters are always build in the middle of were most people live.
With nuclear weapons it makes sense to hide the population far away from where the nuke is going to hit, but since you don't know where an asteroid is going to hit it makes more sense to just put them as close to the population as possible so that they can quickly get into the shelter.

Looking at the natural disasters:
  • Meteor strikes are random, evacuation would be useless
  • Sinkholes are more of an urban disaster but not something you'd need a shelter for
  • Tornadoes are also random, again it's not useful to evacuate
  • Earthquakes are largely harmless in flat open countryside, but there's no time for evacuation
  • Tsunamis are obviously only going to happen on the coast, so it makes sense to evacuate
  • Fires are also a sensible thing to evacuate people away from
No idea how those are dealt with in-game though. Perhaps disasters happen more often in cities so that players get to experience them.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Seriously? PSG? Ligue 1?
The club that no one cares about from the league that no one cares about?
The club that has put gazillions for players over the last 10 years, and still can't get past CL-semifinals?
The club that just paid 40 mil for Draxler?

VERY bad strategical decision.
Should've taken Liverpool, Madrid (either of both), ManU, Arsenal, Schalke or Dortmund instead - although one of the two German club would've been the logical choice since the other top leagues are already represented in the pack. Bayern wasn't an option, since their stadium is already in the workshop. Either of those clubs could've made you at least 10 times more sales than PSG. I bet there are less than 100 people who bought this pack for PSG.

Reactions:
I imagine for different sports like a baseball stadium, basketball stadium, tennis stadium, American Football stadium, even a stadium for Concerts, everyone with the possibility to see the event like the Match Day,

Made me think of the Skydome in Toronto, Canada. A multi-purpose stadium, with domed roof that can open or close. Hosts baseball (Toronto Blue Jays), football (the non-soccer variety), monster trucks, ice skating shows, concerts, trade shows, Supercross, and so on.

In Cities Skylines, I'd settle for the Skydome with Blue Jays playing baseball. Including the CN Tower next door would be a nice touch. Would be cool if the roof closed when it rains in game. I can dream. :)

CN Tower and Skydome.jpg