• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
One way to get around "on-death" succession issues is perhaps to allow for an interregnum - simulating the historical situations where the electors would not find out about the death of the liege instantly (and often were then required to travel -often quite a long distance away - to vote in person, or at least had to send word with a trusted courier as to whom they would like to choose). The Designated Regent would then continue to rule "in the name of" the deceased ruler until a set date on which a new one would be chosen.

But this is perhaps something for CK3, if/when it comes?
An interesting idea. :) Unfortunately there are a number of game mechanics that would need extensive reworking to properly handle an interregnum so it's not likely to make it in unless we decide to take a bigger look at those systems.

Sure.

I don't think I've got the hang of Eldership yet. It's really hard to see what the elders's demands are. Some have some "ignored demand" modifier and I have no idea what I did to them. And it would be nice if the elder icon were displayed when you appoint councilors.
Demands are event-driven (Elder wants to move into your court, Elder wants you to give title to character that he likes, etc.).
One thing I noticed is that you can use reverse psychology on them. Displeased elders won't vote for your preferred heir. So if you nominate their choice instead they might switch to the one you truly want. :)
Eh, yes, I suppose that is a possibility if your dynasty is very small.